PDA

View Full Version : 07 x2 Tower Question

bturner2
02-25-2009, 08:06 PM
Well I spent the better part of two days driving to KY to pick up my new boat. I traded my 03 X2 for a 07 X2 and can't wait to check it all out in the garage. One problem. Have no idea how to lower the tower on this boat. I checked out the on line owners manual but couldn't find anyting on lowering the tower. I figured I could experiment and see what happens or ask my support group (that would be you guys) and save a lot of time and potential damage.

We've got a real heat wave going on here in Michigan (supposed to be 45 tomorrow) so this is going to be my best shot at getting a close look and bonding with the new ride until spring. As always thank you all for your support......

SkiDog
02-25-2009, 08:12 PM
Unscrew the parts at the upper corners. Thats where the speaker connections are. Unplug them too. Then remove the forward facing hand set screws. Fold the back part of the tower down and rest it on the back pads. Be sure and swivel the board racks so they do not rest on the pads. As for the front legs of the tower, I've never had to lower them, but I would think that you just loosen the set screws and bring the legs forward.

peels
02-25-2009, 08:24 PM
It's easy. Turn both board racks so they face the front of the boat. Unsrew knobs up top and the clamps that hold the front arms can be opened and disconnect the wiring on both sides of the tower. Then at the base of the legs unsrew the front of the two knobs and take it out of the legs on both sides. Next loosen off the back knob on both legs and you are ready to lay the legs and top bar down on the sun deck. ( I always put a towel under the bar to protect the vinyl. ). Take the mirror off and unsrew the knob on both front arms that are about windshield level. Fold both arms forward into the bow. ( Again, towels to protect the vinyl ) Just do the reverse to stand the tower back up. After the first time it take 3-5 minutes to lay it down.