PDA

View Full Version : Cypress Gardens RE OPENS

Jim@BAWS
02-24-2009, 12:19 PM
Subject: Cypress Gardens Announcement

A press conference was held at 10:00 a.m. this morning at Cypress Gardens and a new management team and changes were announced for the attraction. Polk County Tourism and Sports Marketing staff will continue to work with the new management team to promote Cypress Gardens as one of Polk County’s premiere attractions. PCTSM Director Mark Jackson attended the press conference and addressed the media about the importance of Cypress Gardens to our local economy and quality of life.

Cypress Gardens has announced that the world famous Florida attraction will resume operations on Saturday, March 28. The opening of the renowned Botanical and Topiary Gardens and the wildly popular Splash Island Waterpark will coincide with the local Spring Break. Entertainment industry veteran Bill Sims will lead the new management team. Mr. Sims is President of CG MGMT, LLC, which has been retained to oversee the attraction’s day-to-day operations. Mr. Sims previously worked at Cypress Gardens for park founder Dick Pope, Sr., from 1970 to 1985, serving as the Park’s Executive Vice President for many of those years. Mr. Sims has also headed management teams at Silver Springs in Ocala and Weeki Wachee Springs in Spring Hill.

Please see the attached fact sheet that was distributed at the press conference this morning.

shepherd
02-24-2009, 12:31 PM
Well that's good news. I hope they're successful.

chudson
02-24-2009, 12:39 PM
Wish them the best, pretty cool place!!!

KnoxX2
02-25-2009, 10:28 AM
We will be down that way in April. Think I will make this a stop.

ski_king
02-25-2009, 10:46 AM
Too bad they are not using MasterCrafts in the ski show.

SunCoast 83
02-26-2009, 02:31 AM
Yeah, just Nautiques now. They did run Malibu for a while as well. I think the Master Craft's left the show in 2001-02...