PDA

View Full Version : What would you change or request?

RackAtak
05-15-2005, 02:47 PM
H2OGirl's thread about the problems she was having with her new X-10 brought up some interesting discussion about how MC could use this board as a marketing tool.

That said, we all seem to be happy with our individual boats and MasterCraft as a company, but there is always something that we would like to see changed or added to future models. Let's do a customer satisfaction survey right here, right now.

RackAtak
05-15-2005, 02:54 PM
I'll start. I am 100% satisfied with the fit and finish of my 2001 ProStar 195. It is a well put together and great handling and running boat and I would not hesitate to purchase a MasterCraft again. I like that more and more options and provisions such as sub-woofer cut outs are being offered on the newer models. The convertable rear sundeck on the newer models is another nice touch. I have a fuel fill problem on mine that may have been fixed on newer models but if it hasn't I would like to see the fuel fill problem fixed so that the auto shutoff on fill nozzles work before spilling fuel out of the filler neck.

André
05-15-2005, 04:48 PM
Why is the auto shut off nozzles works on cars for 50 years and not on many brands of boats,not only MC.
Is there something so special about boat gas tanks that can't be solve ?

BriEOD
05-15-2005, 05:01 PM
How about some decent hats in the pro shop? Some low profile navy, black or royal with the MC logo on the front. I mean the truckers hat is awesome and all. :rolleyes: Also, how about some koozies and a floating key chain in the pro shop.

André
05-15-2005, 05:06 PM
Haven't you got the new Team MC hats in your renewal kit ?
Got a red and a blue one! They're nice!
At 35 $ with free shipping for membership and 3 items,i think it's worth it to get Carla
A membership!

H2OGirl
05-15-2005, 05:47 PM
I agree with the fuel fill problem, it is not fixed yet. We have had issues with this on our Sea Ray's too, gas shoots out all over.

BriEOD
05-15-2005, 05:50 PM
Andre, I got the membership kit and a hat. It was ok. I think they could do better though.

Tom023
05-15-2005, 06:03 PM
I am 100% satisfied with the fit and finish of my 2001 ProStar 195.

If there is one thing that has always bugged me about my boat it's the poor gel coat work. My boat has print through, thin gelcoat in spots, it had two small voids that needed repair and numerous minor flaws. Of the five boats I've owned, it has the second worst gelcoat. The new ones in the showrooms are much better. Now with that said, the overall quality of the boat is the best or second best of the five. The one thing I would like to change are the seat cushions. In my X30, I have 6 separate bases that just kind of push in under the seat backs. It would be nice if there were fewer and they were attached on a hinge of something so I one could just lift them up to get to the storage underneath. Yep, the fuel fill and I would like a remote oil filter but I can do that myself. Other than that, perfect boat for my family.

Farmer Ted
05-15-2005, 07:12 PM
I agree with the fuel fill problem, it is not fixed yet. We have had issues with this on our Sea Ray's too, gas shoots out all over.

Just listen to your tank as it's filling up, when it sounds like it's getting full stop.

Maristar210
05-15-2005, 07:33 PM
Why is the auto shut off nozzles works on cars for 50 years and not on many brands of boats,not only MC.
Is there something so special about boat gas tanks that can't be solve ?

I would agree with the fuel issue. Also add correcting the issue with the bow eye's continued pissed off relationship with the Bow V bunk, that bow eye beats V bunks a$$ once a trip.

Steve

stevo137
05-15-2005, 07:38 PM

This is a very serious problem and can lead to a terrible fire.
Any time you have a fuel leak or gas spill it can lead to a disaster.
For now, just be carfeul while filling and don't relay on the auto shut-off.

lakes Rick
05-15-2005, 07:39 PM
Also add correcting the issue with the bow eye's continued pissed off reltionship with the Bow bunk, that bow eye beats V bunks a$$ once a trip.

Steve

The new V-bunks have a slot in the middle. One wish given for you today.....

Cary K.
05-15-2005, 08:25 PM
Definitely the fuel fill, and while not a huge issue, it would be great to have fills on both sides of the boat. This may be on the newer boats, I know other mfgs have done so, but my '01 has only one, and it is opposite my truck. I guess I could get a new truck, but don't think the wife would go for it.

Leroy
05-15-2005, 09:29 PM
AGREE André! I got one of the red ones and don't normally even like baseball caps, but really love it and wear it a lot now.

Haven't you got the new Team MC hats in your renewal kit ?
Got a red and a blue one! They're nice!
At 35 $ with free shipping for membership and 3 items,i think it's worth it to get Carla
A membership!

east tx skier
05-15-2005, 11:09 PM
Andre, I got the membership kit and a hat. It was ok. I think they could do better though.

I got the red one. I wasn't particularly thrilled with it, but TMC did get the welcome package to me within 1 week of my joining. Nicely done on the speedy delivery. The shirts I got to select were cool. I only had two choices with the hats and didn't really like either too much. Happy overall.

H2OGirl
05-16-2005, 09:11 AM
The new V-bunks have a slot in the middle. One wish given for you today.....
Our X-10 doesn't, but boy would that be nice too, our hook catches everytime load/unload.

How about something like stearing wheel controls for the radio or a way to make the tower power folding. The swivel board racks you still have to unscrew the knob to swivel the racks, how about some design to not have to bother with the screw.

lakes Rick
05-16-2005, 02:59 PM
Our X-10 doesn't, but boy would that be nice too, our hook catches everytime load/unload.

Sorry H2O girl, I guess I assumed the newer trailers all did.. Is your trailer an MC trailer?? I hate giving out incorrect advice..... I hate is worse when I receive it....

bcampbe7
05-16-2005, 03:08 PM
Sorry H2O girl, I guess I assumed the newer trailers all did.. Is your trailer an MC trailer?? I hate giving out incorrect advice..... I hate is worse when I receive it....

I thought the new trailers had the slot in the v-bunk as well. :confused:

rodltg2
05-16-2005, 03:13 PM
i really dont like the boat buddy, i wish they would switch to the nose bunk thing instead . it wont scratch or rub the boat. the pin is such a pain in the butt to release . i usually have to trailer the boat home first then release it. otherwise its too jammed up and i have to crank the winch down crazy tight.

sfitzgerald351
05-16-2005, 03:22 PM
Yeah, I have to say I really like the nose boards as well. CC trailers are easy to load. Just 'crash' into the boards at the front and you're done. Also works better for getting the boat to the right position when the trailer is at a funky angle to the water (whether sideways or a steep ramp).

I'd also work to compile the old boat information in one place and advertise it. Owners manuals, part numbers, engine manuals, photos, construction docs, skin templates, etc... Many of us have older MC's and we're a great advertisement for the company. But we need more resources to help us maintain our boats. For instance, I saved all the photos of the floor repair one guy (sorry, forget who!) is doing to his S&S for the day I might have to do it. They would get a lot of respect if they posted all this info somewhere.

ski36short
05-16-2005, 06:21 PM
I'd just like some justification on the 190/197 price escalation the last 5ish years. Content-wise the boats haven't changed enough to justify a ~50% increase. The only things I can figure are 1) Increased manufacturing costs due to EPA emissions compliance 2) slight increase in materials cost 3) GM/Indmar (has to be) charging more for engines. I don't see any reasonable combination of those three equating to a $45k closed bow slalom boat. Otherwise I don't think I'd change a thing. They look great, ski great, and have just about any possible amenity you could want - assuming the new ones have interior courtesy lighting. That's the only thing I don't have but wish I had - but it's simple enough that if I REALLY wanted it, I could make it happen.

AirJunky
05-16-2005, 07:11 PM
i really dont like the boat buddy, i wish they would switch to the nose bunk thing instead . it wont scratch or rub the boat. the pin is such a pain in the butt to release . i usually have to trailer the boat home first then release it. otherwise its too jammed up and i have to crank the winch down crazy tight.
Sounds like the boat is shifting back against the pin on your drive home.
I use the Buddy without any problems & don't have any of the marks your talking about. I pull the boat out of the drink, drive to the dry off area & stop. Snug the winch down, pull the Boat Buddy pin & hook up the safety chain & transom straps.
If the pin is too tight, snug the winch down a bit more. Still too tight, stomp the brakes once while your moving about 15 or 20 mph.... it'll loosen up. :cool:

Chalk up another one for the fuel burp problem. It's not always so quiet that I can hear it gurgling. And I don't dare let anyone else do it!!

rodltg2
05-16-2005, 07:15 PM
no actually loosens up on the drive home, thats why i can remove it when i get home. no big deal, i just dont like the thing. ive gotten used to it trailer my boat in less than 5 seconds.

jimmer2880
05-17-2005, 05:46 AM
Vote for a working Gas Vent here also.

H2OGirl
05-17-2005, 07:50 AM
Yes it's a MC trailer, but no slot in the V. Maybe some of the bigger boats have that feature? It's funny you mention the slot because one of the things Lance and I were going to do was ask MC if that was something they could custom do for us when they build our new boat.

Rockman
05-17-2005, 08:57 AM
The gas problem is definitely felt on my end here and that's having the BF200 and not any inboards. I was actually trying to get the black hose that goes from the back deck to the tank replaced with a clear hose but I lost contact with a guy who work at a factory that made hoses for some of the steel mills and gas companies.

I personally would like to have the availability to order replacement parts much easier. It would be great to be able to go into one website, fill out an order and then have the order sent to say 5 dealers and any one of them could fill the order. We have not had to replace many parts on our MC since we have an outboard but having the inboards, there are always people looking for parts, etc. I know that it wouldn't be feasible to stock all parts from '68 on, but a network idea would help. Kinda like this board.

We had a bad experience getting a replacement fender for our trailer when ours cracked and it took all summer to get. The hardest part to understand was why it took so long when the Corporate office had the part in stock. It had to go thru a dealer, etc. and it took forever. When the delaer called to "place" the order for us, their first question was "Did you buy the boat here?" What did that matter?

I think the distribution channels need to be reviewed and better organized.

east tx skier
05-17-2005, 10:33 AM
I'd also work to compile the old boat information in one place and advertise it. Owners manuals, part numbers, engine manuals, photos, construction docs, skin templates, etc... Many of us have older MC's and we're a great advertisement for the company. But we need more resources to help us maintain our boats. For instance, I saved all the photos of the floor repair one guy (sorry, forget who!) is doing to his S&S for the day I might have to do it. They would get a lot of respect if they posted all this info somewhere.

I'd suggest you email the fellow with the username "TMC" about this. Among the info that I sent MC were two older owners manuals scanned to PDF. The leg work has been done. If anyone would like to see this information posted, TMC needs to hear from you about it.