PDA

View Full Version : Question about Reef sandals

kycat2007
02-23-2009, 12:26 AM
http://www1.reef.com/guys/productdetail/guys/footwear/sandals/2415

ok so these have a bottle opener on the sole

Would this scare you if someone steped on your seats wearing them. I tell everyone to take the shoes off but sometimes it doesn't happen, just curious

uawaterskier
02-23-2009, 12:41 AM
considering i own a pair. Yes it would scare me big time.

dog paw
02-23-2009, 08:54 AM
Now thats fresh. A bottle opener on the bottom of a shoe. LOL! Wonder if it comes with a pick to dig out the dog poop or cigarette butt?.... or pieces of seat skins :confused:

wakeX2wake
02-23-2009, 09:11 AM
yea i've seen those before and my immediate thought was about the havoc those could wreak on someones pinky toe

VOLFAN
02-23-2009, 09:26 AM
My feet are too ugly to wear flip flops....

I have seen them before but didn't notice anything that would worry me, but then again foot wear is off before you step into my boat! I don't need a bottle opener on the boat. I drink out of a can or a jar. I do not like glass beer bottles on the boat. Takes up to much room in the cooler and makes for a lot of trash.

scott023
02-23-2009, 09:32 AM
Now thats fresh. A bottle opener on the bottom of a shoe. LOL! Wonder if it comes with a pick to dig out the dog poop or cigarette butt?.... or pieces of seat skins :confused:

Thats precious... had me rolling. :D

I personally would not want these on my seat skins.

ttu
02-23-2009, 09:45 AM
i have 2 pairs of the reef fannings.

great sandels but i always take them off before i ever get in the boat.

oh they do also make a pair with a flask in the bottom. :toast:

VOLFAN
02-23-2009, 10:01 AM
I like the Sanuk brand

TX.X-30 fan
02-23-2009, 10:47 AM
My feet are too ugly to wear flip flops....

I have seen them before but didn't notice anything that would worry me, but then again foot wear is off before you step into my boat! I don't need a bottle opener on the boat. I drink out of a can or a jar. I do not like glass beer bottles on the boat. Takes up to much room in the cooler and makes for a lot of trash.

Evan after you get them all painted? :D

VOLFAN
02-23-2009, 11:02 AM
Evan after you get them all painted? :D

YEP even after they are painted! You know I go those ugly TN hillbilly hick looking feet. That is why I wear the sandals I posted the pic of :cool:

Sodar
02-23-2009, 11:03 AM
I was given a pair of the Reef Bottle opener sandals a few years back and have worn them once... might as well wear tennis shoes, they are so big and clunky.

Only Sandals I will ever own are these... I have 4 pairs and wear them rain or shine. Only time I do not is when going to work or working out. They are the best of the best and made right here in Orange County.

Leather Sandals (http://www.rainbowsandals.com/PremierLeathers.asp)

fletch_n_me
02-23-2009, 11:05 AM
Best flips ever - I have like 6 pair and it comes in very handy. They will cut the hell out of interior though - those metal tabs get sharp over time when you walk in gravel, etc.

scott023
02-23-2009, 11:09 AM
I was given a pair of the Reef Bottle opener sandals a few years back and have worn them once... might as well wear tennis shoes, they are so big and clunky.

Only Sandals I will ever own are these... I have 4 pairs and wear them rain or shine. Only time I do not is when going to work or working out. They are the best of the best and made right here in Orange County.

Geez Sodar, you must be in a different tax bracket than me... $50 for a pair of sandals? Too rich for my pocketbook. LOL:D

TMCNo1
02-23-2009, 11:32 AM

OMG, this looks bad!

kycat2007
02-23-2009, 11:33 AM
I agree, Sodar can you bail us out;)and give us your discounts or a tax break:D

I had a dealer who said he would sell the Reef bottle openers to me for $20 each. Thought that was a decent price. I kinda wish the opener was deeper in the sole not to cause issues ever.

Sodar
02-23-2009, 11:35 AM
They are $50 online, but if you go directly to the warehouse (about 30 minutes from here) they are 1/2 price.

Sodar
02-23-2009, 11:36 AM
OMG, this looks bad!

Yeah, UMP picked up a pair of those when he came to visit Betsy and I last summer. :o

scott023
02-23-2009, 11:38 AM
They are $50 online, but if you go directly to the warehouse (about 30 minutes from here) they are 1/2 price.

Sodar, you should start up a side business on TT distributing these things. :D

TX.X-30 fan
02-23-2009, 11:41 AM

Rainbow Premier Leathers

Speaks volumes about you.

Sodar
02-23-2009, 11:46 AM
Rainbow Premier Leathers

Speaks volumes about you.

Yes it does. It shows just how small minded you are and how secure I am about my hetrosexuality I am!

kycat2007
02-23-2009, 11:48 AM
group hug boys ummmmm welll ummmm skip that;)

wakeX2wake
02-23-2009, 12:07 PM
Rainbows are HUGE on campuses everywhere... i just can't get into 'em tho... i've always rocked Tevas... got about 5 pair in the rotation and a pair of oneill's i picked up last yr... they match my back pack

scott023
02-23-2009, 12:38 PM
Rainbows are HUGE on campuses everywhere... i just can't get into 'em tho... i've always rocked Tevas... got about 5 pair in the rotation and a pair of oneill's i picked up last yr... they match my back pack

That's cute wake... your accessorising.

TX.X-30 fan
02-23-2009, 01:43 PM
That's cute wake... your accessorising.

Yea for Richard Simmons. :D

wakeX2wake
02-23-2009, 02:43 PM
hahahaha actually i hope no one has noticed

Kevin&Annie
02-23-2009, 03:11 PM
Chacos are the only way to go! Kevin and I both have a couple pairs.

-A-

TX.X-30 fan
02-23-2009, 03:28 PM
Chacos are the only way to go! Kevin and I both have a couple pairs.

-A-

Do they match your backpacks??? :D

Kevin&Annie
02-23-2009, 03:30 PM
No, but they do match the boat!

thatsmrmastercraft
02-23-2009, 03:38 PM

Hey Tx, way too funny!

VOLFAN
02-23-2009, 03:49 PM
I don't have a backpack, but I do have a man purse :)

May be gay to some, but easy way to conceal during the warm weather months...

wakeX2wake
02-23-2009, 04:10 PM
keep the 9mm, a couple hundred CDs, i Pod, a Dasani water bottle about half full of vodka for emergencies, ace bandages, hard ankle braces, camera stuff, and smokey treats in mine at all times... i think after hearing all this i'm gonna have to switch to the MC OGIO pack now

djhuff
02-23-2009, 04:22 PM
Rainbow flops are about the most comfortable flops I have ever owned. The only down side is that they take a little bit of time to wear in to your feet, and they kind of suck until you get them worn in, but after that, man o man.

I have some friends with the Reef sandals with the openers on them. They are far enough into the sole that they don't cause any damage to the boat, but we generally take them off before boarding anyway. The opener has come in handy more than once though.

They also sell flops with little flasks in them, for when you really need that drink.

kycat2007
02-23-2009, 05:04 PM
I see the women have secret compartments in some of them as well. Kinda cool for gimmicks

Wake2wake
02-23-2009, 05:23 PM
I have a buddy who has the reef's with the flask in the sole, but i don't think i would personally drink from one cause sometimes you just never know what those sandals have walked through.

TX.X-30 fan
02-23-2009, 05:24 PM
Still use the MC pack that came with the boat and the cooler. That has been a great cooler and it conforms to the back storage. Keeps everything frosty.

I have those reefs and they are very comfortable and wear great.

BriEOD
02-23-2009, 06:33 PM
I don't have a backpack, but I do have a man purse :)

May be gay to some, but easy way to conceal during the warm weather months...

No BS, I have that Maxpedition bag in black. My Sig 228 fits very well.;)

TX.X-30 fan
02-23-2009, 07:34 PM
Nice fanny pack guys.

scott023
02-24-2009, 12:34 AM
It's not a man purse... it's a european carry all. :D

And yes, it matched my scarf.

dpolen
02-24-2009, 08:33 AM
I've had 3-4 pairs of the Reef's...the only complaint I've got is that you need to be extra careful when you step into the boat as the bottle opener can wreck havoc on the gelcoat on the gunwhale of the boat...metal versus gelcoat = not good. Otherwise, I love them.

Monte
02-24-2009, 08:41 AM
Simple solution for the scratches to the boat with sandals or shoes. I don't wear sandals or shoes in the boat. I make sure anyone boarding the boat understands that they must take theirs off before getting on. That eliminates the tracking of dog crap, sand, dirt, goose $#!t, and now of course gel coat/ vinyl/ bottle openers... I wear Reefs (love em) to and from the boat.

VOLFAN
02-24-2009, 10:21 AM
Hey Monte what about Buzzard S&*$?

Beriod I got the black one too. I Like the looks of the brown one I posted too, maybe I should get one of those so I can accommodate my waredrobe better :)

TMCNo1
02-24-2009, 10:29 AM

Beriod I got the black one too. I Like the looks of the brown one I posted too, maybe I should get one of those so I can accommodate my waredrobe better :)

Believe me, the buzzards were standing by last year @ CSM on Sunday morning, as evidenced by this picture from the house deck!
With all the hangovers, they were waiting for a good warm meal!

Monte
02-24-2009, 10:43 AM

Cant help you there man! Taking a bath and not laying out in the sun for extended periods COULD help alleviate some of that problem....:rolleyes:

TX.X-30 fan
02-24-2009, 10:53 AM
Canadian geese, just another reason to hate on the canadians Monte. Hater. :D

Monte
02-24-2009, 10:56 AM
Canadian geese, just another reason to hate on the canadians Monte. Hater. :D

See, I did not even bring the canadian aspect into this:rolleyes: But if you must be a canadian sympathizer, you can have the ones that frequent our lake if it would make you feel better TX:)

Muttley
02-24-2009, 11:21 AM
No shoes or sandels or even flip flops on my boat, period. Rinse your feet before you step into it. Them's the rules... I even got my wife some airline sock/slippers for when she drives in the cold. That's mostly for sand issues (and whatever other gum, dog poop, slime you may have stepped in). After a 2 week vacation where the boat is moored, the boat can get pretty grody if youre not careful.

Off the boat, I like my Reefs, or I have some slip on skater shoes with skulls that annoy the heck out of my daughter.

TX.X-30 fan
02-24-2009, 11:27 AM
We scrub the interior after each use or weekend use. problem solved.

brucemac
02-24-2009, 02:25 PM
lol, the murse is funny.

i love flip flops. i have a bunch and also a couple pair of the reefs, but i don't wear the reefs much anymore. they tend to hurt my feet after long periods. something to do with the raised heel. i like the softer eva footbed one's like the o'neil cush, or the harder flat one's that need to be worn in. DVS, O'Neil and Hurley's are my fav's. never seen the rainbow one's before. i'll have to check those out closer.

dapicatti
02-25-2009, 02:16 AM
I have the Reefs with the beer opener, wouldn't have any other sandals. Everyone knows before they get on my boat the shoes/sandals come off. We put them all in the same storage place, and keep the Fannings near the top for beer opening. I can see how you could cut the vinyl if you weren't careful. Luckily, that doesn't describe my crew.

JohnE
02-25-2009, 08:53 AM
We scrub the interior after each use or weekend use. problem solved.

I'm with you, TX. Use it, clean it.

Monte
02-25-2009, 08:56 AM
I'm with you, TX. Use it, clean it.

Or just DON'T be the first, second, third, or forth boat in the tie up line at CSM:rolleyes:

TMCNo1
02-25-2009, 09:17 AM
If he only had on a pair of those sandals with the bottle opener, he'd come in real handy at a party!44928

zberger
02-25-2009, 09:18 AM
I have 2 pair of Mick Fanning's and i'll probably get another pair this spring.. best sandals out there!

JohnE
02-25-2009, 09:28 AM
Or just DON'T be the first, second, third, or forth boat in the tie up line at CSM:rolleyes:

Might need some velcro or golf spike reefs for crossing my platform. Ask Lee....:D