PDA

View Full Version : Kids Jackets/rashguards

kycat2007
02-22-2009, 07:43 PM
my neice wore a Sterns jacket combo life jacket and it caused her to rash really bad. Wondered TT members with kids do you have this issue and do your young kids wear rash guards? If so, she is growing pretty fast so where do you find cheap rashguards? I know Ebay is out there or maybe TJ Max but figures I would ask. She is 5 years old and will be over 50lbs.

corey
02-22-2009, 07:45 PM
I'd recommend getting her a better life jacket, typically the neoprene ones from Oniell or H.O. work really well.

BIGBADBLUE
02-22-2009, 07:47 PM
We buy new ones every year for our boys ... they are used a lot. Walmart or Dick's seem to be the best place ... or we buy them on vacation for gifts. Their last 2 were St Thomas and St Kitts. Gotta loved company payed trips!!!

Make sure they have the SPF you need and a light color ... black gets a little hot down here in the summer. The kids love them as there are no more rashes due to the PFD.

BIGBADBLUE
02-22-2009, 07:49 PM
I'd recommend getting her a better life jacket, typically the neoprene ones from Oniell or H.O. work really well.

For us our kids get rashes from from Oniell that are the right size even more ... they were rash guards under the oniels.

Footin
02-22-2009, 07:51 PM
I bought my son an HO neo vest last year and he got a terrible rash, we went back to a regular vest and he has no issues. I think a tshirt or rash gaurd would help.

icedog-10
02-22-2009, 08:13 PM
You can go to Target and buy a cheap Underarmor type shirt in the kids department for less than $20 and the shirt will not be wet all day. I have used one the three times that I surfed in the ocean and it seems to work for a lot less.

thatsmrmastercraft
02-22-2009, 08:20 PM
You can go to Target and buy a cheap Underarmor type shirt in the kids department for less than $20 and the shirt will not be wet all day. I have used one the three times that I surfed in the ocean and it seems to work for a lot less.

Icedog has the same answer I stumbled on with my kid. I bought him the black neoprene vest he just had to have, but once he was in the water, I had a hard time seeing him. I had him wear a red Wal-mart underarmor-like shirt and it worked great. I could see him in the water, and no rash. He wears it under his wetsuit and works well there too.

mccobmd
02-22-2009, 09:09 PM
CWB.com has rashguards that appeal for "cute" factor but we do the long sleeve underarmor type shirts, less sunscreen and sunburn. You can wash them with a treatment that gets them up to 30 SPF.

skeeler
02-23-2009, 10:14 AM
Get these, http://www.kidstoychest.com/tex/TEX10201.htm
Our kids have used these since they were born. Use them all day, in the water, on the jet ski, wakeboarding, and no rash ever! Worth every penny, cause when the kids are happy, the whole day is much better! :D

Cottonwood
02-23-2009, 11:59 AM
I have some small rash guards remaining from our Jr Dev clinic / tournament last year. They are brand new - never worn. Still have tags. Very nice top-of-the-line O'Neill. Let me know if interested. Probably sell them for $15 each - money goes to our Jr Dev program.

jdarwin (at) lakesatcottonwood.com

KnoxX2
02-23-2009, 01:24 PM
PM Sent....