PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Pump options

mccobmd
02-21-2009, 01:08 PM
Ran my X1 out gas last summer and have decided to have the fuel pump replaced just as a precaution. Anyone have any input on something other than the OEM pump. Knowing me no matter how careful I am I may still get the gas low again and would like to put in a pump that can overcome my mistakes.

scramison
02-22-2009, 08:12 AM
I wouldn't recommend replacing the fuel pump. Just wait till it fails, if it does. Any replacement is going to be costly or dangerous. I wish there was a good solution as well because I have an X-2 and might end up eating the $500 pump as well.

MC dropped the ball on this one!

Where in Oklahoma are you Mccob?

Im in Dallas, Texas let me know if you come out this way and want to get on the lake. I could use some more boat buddys that are knowldgable/have a boat.

André
02-22-2009, 09:52 AM
Good read right there!
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=25783&highlight=fuel+pump

bigmac
02-22-2009, 10:17 AM
I had to replace my fuel pump when the boat had about 3 hours on it. Fortunately, my dealer stepped right up. Some hassle involved, of course (tow the boat, haul the boat, family holiday etc etc), but he got me back on the water within hours, pulling a fuel pump from a boat on the showroom and calling in his tech on the Fourth of July. (I would never buy any boat from any other dealer).

There are 4 MasterCrafts on our lake. We all pitched in and bought a fuel pump, and have created a "community fuel pump emergency replacement kit" complete with fuel pump, hex wrenches, fuel line disconnect tool and a printout of the step-by-step.

As to Boofer's posts referred to above...I remain a little skeptical about cobbling together a replacement fuel pump from components. IIRC, we paid about $450 for the fuel pump. Frankly, I doubt I would follow his component-repair route on my expensive boat in order to save a couple of hundred bucks. I'd just have the dealer plop in a new one. I reconciled myself to the cost of boating many, many years ago.

The other thing to bear in mind is that, after Boofer wrote up that post detailing the pump cartridridge replacement, he disappeared. No, I'm not suggesting foul play on the part anyone in the boating industry, but he hasn't posted since September, hasn't even been on the site since October. The significance of that is that we don't really know how the pump-repair ended up.

mccobmd
02-22-2009, 11:03 AM
Yea, I saw that Andre. Scramison I'm in Ada which is south-central. The problem I have is if I get left on the lake then it's 120miles one way to the dealer. I have the cash so I was thinking it would be worth the peace of mind to have it replaced. I'm a little like bigmac, I put boat repair as a line item in my budget. The boat was so good last year I bought a red woody with that line item. Just don't want to be stuck in the middle somewhere sometime.

scramison
02-22-2009, 04:54 PM
I did read that post by boofer before and decided to go over it again. From what I understand, it maybe beneficial to replace the fuel line inside the fuel pump module connecting the pump to the top plate on the module. It seems these are kinked per boofer's post. This would be preventive rather than a solution to a bad pump of course. It sure is tempting! Especially after reading a post by a boat club owner that their 05 X-2 burns a pump every 400-600 hrs. I own this boat!

Furthermore it seems that mastercraft is rather insistant on keeping this a problem for later year mastercraft owners. They don't want to allow the manufacturer of the pump (Carter) to release any details, whether it be part numbers, info about the pump, or any help for replacements. This leads me to believe that Mastercraft or their dealers or a combination of the two are making a hefty profit from these replacement pumps.

This is confirmed by contacting MC about this issue. In the first response they claim there is no known issue with the pump. Once they realize your not a noob, than they will admit it but fill your head with more BS.

I am VERY disappointed in mastercraft and never expected this from such a top class chapionship tow boat company. It seems they would rather make the situation worse by barring the parts supplier from releasing any details or allowing us to replace the pump.

I have owned several motorcycles and worked on them myself. I have never seen anything like this from Honda which I am very brand loyal to. If mastercraft is really this content with robbing their customers I may try out nautique the next time around.

scramison
02-22-2009, 05:01 PM
BTW saying it is not cost effective to find a solution is not a acceptable answer in my book. The reason being, they created the problem for me and if they wish to keep my loyalty, should come out with a solution. Regardless of how much it costs them. When there is a problem with a car that requires a factory recall or replacement by the dealer they don't say well it will cost too much to redesign so we will fix the problem for people that buy the new cars. No they fix it, at whatever cost to their company. Why is that? To keep their reputation as should Mastercraft desire to do so.

The only way to get a solution out of Mastercraft would be to make this problem publicily visible to the point where it begins to effect their public reputation (as in outside of this enthuisist board).

TX.X-30 fan
02-22-2009, 05:07 PM
I wouldn't recommend replacing the fuel pump. Just wait till it fails, if it does. .

Only problem with that is some of us on bigger water could easily be 30 miles from the ramp at dusk with no one in sight for help. But as Mac said his went after 3 hours so I guess the answer is back-up food and beer in case I need to camp out. :D

bigmac
02-22-2009, 09:27 PM
BTW saying it is not cost effective to find a solution is not a acceptable answer in my book. The reason being, they created the problem for me and if they wish to keep my loyalty, should come out with a solution. Regardless of how much it costs them. When there is a problem with a car that requires a factory recall or replacement by the dealer they don't say well it will cost too much to redesign so we will fix the problem for people that buy the new cars. No they fix it, at whatever cost to their company. Why is that? To keep their reputation as should Mastercraft desire to do so.

The only way to get a solution out of Mastercraft would be to make this problem publicily visible to the point where it begins to effect their public reputation (as in outside of this enthuisist board).

It's already publicly visible. MasterCraft is the butt of endless fuel-pump jokes on all the other skiboat brand forums, as well as WakeWorld.

scramison
02-23-2009, 12:15 AM
It's already publicly visible. MasterCraft is the butt of endless fuel-pump jokes on all the other skiboat brand forums, as well as WakeWorld.

You see the problem with that is the large majority of people that buy Mastercrafts do not contribute to forums. Even if they do the chances that they have heard of it is not 100% just because they have visited whatever forum, a few times.

All I'm saying is Mastercraft obviously does not have enough pressure on them to fix this or effect their sales. If it effected sales and people were asking about these problems at the dealer when buying a new boat, citing this example to the dealer and talking about concerns with MC being unreliable, then they may decide something needs to be done. This however is not the case. My suggestion? Let as many people know about this issue as possible and get it put on the dealer. The dealer complains to MC saying it is effecting sales and MC fixes the pump.

How do we go about doing this?

The next time anyone asks you about buying a new mastercraft or used one let them know about MC inablility to stand by their poor product design. Some one comes to the board asking about suggestions for which boat they want or what have you, let them know about this issue.

MC has me :mad: and :confused: about my very expensive investment into their boat product which they fail to fully stand behind. Which is a 2005 X-2.

scramison
02-23-2009, 12:24 AM
Have any dealers or anyone on this board with authority within MC tried to get them to look at this issue?

TMCNo.1 I know your lurking what do you have to say on this matter? Do you think you could begin to mention this problem to every new boater you meet? I wish I knew about this before buying and atleast I would have known what I was getting myself into.

Its like the guy that just got a new job and they failed in the interview process to mention he has to clean the restrooms once a week.

BTW TMCNo1 I appreciated your help when I was looking at getting a boat and in no way am I saying its your responsibility to mention this flaw but rather would prefer that no one else have to go through this like myself.

Its not even just a matter of money but simply being stranded out on the lake once or twice more then necessary in my boating adventures. Like many of you said being 30 miles from shore, stuck like chuck would really not be my ideal MC experience. It should be considered as a matter of safety and I wonder what the US Coast guard would say about this if they knew? What about if they had to help a few extra boaters stranded because of their own guidelines or MC inablility to address the issue?

Another avenue to explore is reporting these failures to NHTSA i.e. the government at:
https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

I have opened a case under a 2005 Chevy Tahoe since they don't list any boats. However, our boat fits the description defined on their website as Cars, Light Trucks- Indicates any motor vechile except a bus, motorcycle, or trailer, with a gross vechile weight rating of 10,000 pounds or less.

Here is the case number:

scramison
02-23-2009, 01:37 AM
To any mod that reads this I realize I maybe becoming close to crossing the attack on MC line. If you feel I have crossed the line please PM me and let me know what is acceptable to say. However, all of you are boat owners and know this is a valid argument Im making against MC. I would hope you would support me in trying to get MC to properly address this safety issue. Im not sure in what way that would be. Maybe its ignoring you saw this post or maybe it is helping me to expose this issue further. Whatever your position, I respect your authority and your wish to continue to have this authority. Just please understand my position as a disgruntled boat owner. Heck some of you mods have to be directly effected by this issue as you may own one of the effected boats.

Thanks for understanding.

scramison
02-23-2009, 05:12 PM
bump...is anyone interested in reporting their fuel pump failures to the nhtsa? I will organize a site with a running tally if enough people are interested in reporting the failures. Im also trying to get them to list our boat as a vechile specifically.

mccobmd
02-24-2009, 09:55 AM
I can't jump on board because I haven't had a problem yet. I was looking to replace mine to avoid a problem. I think MC needs a fix too but in fairness to them there is a big caution sign and note that says going below 1/4 tank could damage the fuel pump at least in my 2006 owners manual.

bigmac
02-24-2009, 10:22 AM
....I think MC needs a fix too but in fairness to them there is a big caution sign and note that says going below 1/4 tank could damage the fuel pump at least in my 2006 owners manual.True, although advertising a 60 gallon gas tank that actually only has 45 useable gallons is a little...uh...whatever. Clearly their method of fixing the problem has been a warning in the owner's manual rather than actually fixing the problem. I understand scramison's irritation. I don't share it to the same degree because my lake is small and I have plenty of gas readily available at my dock, so keeping the thing constantly full doesn't pose a problem for me.

I realize that MasterCraft has some significant constraints about their fuel systems imposed on them by the USCG, but AFAIK the current fuel pump problem is almost a decade old and shows no signs of being fixed.

zberger
02-24-2009, 10:29 AM
Walbro makes excellent fuel pumps for cars.

One would imagine with some ingenuity you could rig up a solution. They do it all the time in Supra's and Honda's... Mounting 2 of them in the place of one :)

bigmac
02-24-2009, 10:56 AM
Walbro makes excellent fuel pumps for cars.

One would imagine with some ingenuity you could rig up a solution. They do it all the time in Supra's and Honda's... Mounting 2 of them in the place of one :)Heh heh. That sounds like just what we need - a bunch of shade-tree mechanics highly modifying the fuel systems on their boats. THAT certainly has the potential to get MasterCraft's attention - nothing like MasterCraft fireballs in the news.

TMCNo1
02-24-2009, 11:19 AM
Have any dealers or anyone on this board with authority within MC tried to get them to look at this issue?

TMCNo.1 I know your lurking what do you have to say on this matter? Do you think you could begin to mention this problem to every new boater you meet? I wish I knew about this before buying and atleast I would have known what I was getting myself into.

Its like the guy that just got a new job and they failed in the interview process to mention he has to clean the restrooms once a week.

BTW TMCNo1 I appreciated your help when I was looking at getting a boat and in no way am I saying its your responsibility to mention this flaw but rather would prefer that no one else have to go through this like myself.

Its not even just a matter of money but simply being stranded out on the lake once or twice more then necessary in my boating adventures. Like many of you said being 30 miles from shore, stuck like chuck would really not be my ideal MC experience. It should be considered as a matter of safety and I wonder what the US Coast guard would say about this if they knew? What about if they had to help a few extra boaters stranded because of their own guidelines or MC inablility to address the issue?

Another avenue to explore is reporting these failures to NHTSA i.e. the government at:
https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

I have opened a case under a 2005 Chevy Tahoe since they don't list any boats. However, our boat fits the description defined on their website as Cars, Light Trucks- Indicates any motor vechile except a bus, motorcycle, or trailer, with a gross vechile weight rating of 10,000 pounds or less.

Here is the case number:

I'm sorry for any fuel pump problems anyone has/may have. The only knowledge I have of the situation is what has been posted here over the past few years. The warning about running low on gas below certain levels has been posted numerous times and I don't feel anyone can judge ahead of time whether owners or potential owners are aware and how low a individual may allow their gas levels to drop. Maybe I'm just old school, but with our carbed 351, I start questioning filling up with gas with anything less than 1/2 tank and fill it up just to stay on the safe side, but that's just my thinking and my awareness of what's going on in my boat.
I would think as a matter of good customer service to owners, that MC review the problems to correct these problems with a economical cure, but I have no say in their procedures. I personally don't/haven't seen these pump issues in the early EFI packages and I am unfamiliar with what or why the design was changed by MC.

Sodar
02-24-2009, 11:41 AM
bump...is anyone interested in reporting their fuel pump failures to the nhtsa? I will organize a site with a running tally if enough people are interested in reporting the failures. Im also trying to get them to list our boat as a vechile specifically.

I think you need to lay off, a bit. I am certain that MC is loving you using their site to report them to some bureaucratic administration. :rolleyes:

TX.X-30 fan
02-24-2009, 12:34 PM
45 gallons out of 60 then don't run it below half a tank??? Now I have much less fuel to enjoy my 60 mile long lake. Yes I believe its a problem that deserves a fix.

Sodar
02-24-2009, 12:43 PM
Quitchya Whinin'!

TX.X-30 fan
02-24-2009, 12:44 PM
Quitchya Whinin'!

Sorry its my time of the month. :D

Sodar
02-24-2009, 12:46 PM
Sorry its my time of the month. :D

Yours and hers both.

corey
02-24-2009, 12:54 PM
MC has partially addressed this issue. Starting in 08ish a new Millenium pump was introduced. The new pump actually houses two pumps either of which is powerful enough to delivery fuel so in the event that one burns out the other can take up the slack. The pump also is less prone to burning up due to low fuel. Current fuel tank styles can be retrofitted for the most part (ie an 06' X-2 could be upgraded).

Some of the pumps can not be upgraded as the new pumps are not a return style. This may change as time goes on but as of right now I don't think any conversion is available.

Non return style pumps may be able to be cross referenced to the newer pumps, you dealer should be able to tell you exactly. We havent really had any issues where we've needed to get down and dirty so I don't have that info handy (yet, may take a while as all our techs still have boats to work on).

Hope this helps, fyi I am not a tech so I don't have all the specifics. I'm the guy that breaks things and has someone else fix them.

zberger
02-24-2009, 01:16 PM
Heh heh. That sounds like just what we need - a bunch of shade-tree mechanics highly modifying the fuel systems on their boats. THAT certainly has the potential to get MasterCraft's attention - nothing like MasterCraft fireballs in the news.

If it can be done in a 1000 hp supra, whats the difference with a 350 hp boat.

The principles are all the same, as are the risks.

I am sure the fuel tanks are designed totally diff, so thats part of the problem.

bigmac
02-24-2009, 02:06 PM
If it can be done in a 1000 hp supra, whats the difference with a 350 hp boat.

The principles are all the same, as are the risks.

I am sure the fuel tanks are designed totally diff, so thats part of the problem.

Does your 1000 hp Supra have a vented fuel tank? Or is it non-vented, as is required for automobiles by the EPA?

Sodar
02-24-2009, 02:09 PM
Why in the world would someone was 1000hp in a skiboat!?!?!?! Did you manage to get a top speed on 51.2 mph out of it?

What a waste!

TX.X-30 fan
02-24-2009, 02:13 PM
Why in the world would someone was 1000hp in a skiboat!?!?!?! Did you manage to get a top speed on 51.2 mph out of it?

What a waste!

LMAO. HUH?????? :D:D

bigmac
02-24-2009, 02:13 PM
MC has partially addressed this issue. Starting in 08ish a new Millenium pump was introduced. The new pump actually houses two pumps either of which is powerful enough to delivery fuel so in the event that one burns out the other can take up the slack. The pump also is less prone to burning up due to low fuel. Current fuel tank styles can be retrofitted for the most part (ie an 06' X-2 could be upgraded).

Some of the pumps can not be upgraded as the new pumps are not a return style. This may change as time goes on but as of right now I don't think any conversion is available.

Non return style pumps may be able to be cross referenced to the newer pumps, you dealer should be able to tell you exactly. We havent really had any issues where we've needed to get down and dirty so I don't have that info handy (yet, may take a while as all our techs still have boats to work on).

Hope this helps, fyi I am not a tech so I don't have all the specifics. I'm the guy that breaks things and has someone else fix them.Thanks for clarifying, Corey. I've heard a little about MC's use of this new Mueller twin-pump setup and it sounds promising as a solution.

mccobmd
02-24-2009, 02:37 PM
Hey Corey, would my tech know If I could replace with this type of pump?

bigmac
02-24-2009, 02:46 PM

What a waste!
I'm guessing he was referring to a Toyota Supra. But you knew that....:D

Sodar
02-24-2009, 02:48 PM

I did not make the connection, but thank you for pointing out my stupidity! My mind is in boating mode... :o

Monte
02-24-2009, 02:51 PM
I did not make the connection, but thank you for pointing out my stupidity! My mind is in boating mode... :o

Thinking boats on a boating forum:confused: absurd:rolleyes:

I too was wondering.. why??:o

TX.X-30 fan
02-24-2009, 02:51 PM

Holy guacamole I got tears 8p8p

Sodar
02-24-2009, 02:52 PM
[/B]

Holy guacamole I got tears 8p8p

That is why Howard makes the big bucks. His IQ is triple the average IQ on this site... maybe even quadruple the IQ of some of the mods. 8p

TMCNo1
02-24-2009, 03:27 PM
That is why Howard makes the big bucks. His IQ is triple the average IQ on this site... maybe even quadruple the IQ of some of the mods. 8p

Who's Howard? Sounds like someone we need around for answers, JimN needs backup!

wakeX2wake
02-24-2009, 04:10 PM
I was assuming he was referring to the fact the skiers choice can make a $40,000 boat that won't burn up a $500 fuel pump but MC can't make a $100K that won't... dumb problem that should be fixable... permanently fixable... i've ran mine low several time just b/c i was on the lake for the entire W.E. and no gas easily available (ie a 20-30 min trip one way to a store) w/ no problems as of yet thankfully... thanks for the info corey... i'll definitely inquire about this retro-fit option when/if mine goes out

corey
02-24-2009, 04:42 PM
Most of your local techs should be able to check into retrofits should the need arise. Give them a little time, there are little to no manuals to which they can turn so its not as easy as walking over to napa.

I wouldnt put the Supra guys to high on a pedestal, I've seen more than a couple which needed secondary fuel pumps to avoid vapor lock issues. I've got one for sale right now with that patch kit!

thatsmrmastercraft
02-24-2009, 05:15 PM
Wait until the MC 300 has a problem like this, then there will be some action. Hey Corey, do you have a 300 in the showroom yet?

zberger
02-24-2009, 05:36 PM
Most of your local techs should be able to check into retrofits should the need arise. Give them a little time, there are little to no manuals to which they can turn so its not as easy as walking over to napa.

I wouldnt put the Supra guys to high on a pedestal, I've seen more than a couple which needed secondary fuel pumps to avoid vapor lock issues. I've got one for sale right now with that patch kit!

my point is, maybe putting in 2 pumps would help with the fuel issue or even a secondary pump that could "fail over" or something.

the fuel thing is kind of integral to the boat running. you'd think this would be on the top of the "we gotta fix this asap" list

zberger
02-24-2009, 05:37 PM

Sorry, yes Toyota Supra not them garbage boats :)

MC for me :)

bobx1
02-24-2009, 05:54 PM
If they dont want to change the pump or go with two, why not redesign the tank and have the filter/pickup portion sit inside its' own bowl? Another option is to move the intake to the middle of the pump housing. This is like the reserve switch on a motorcycle - when you swicth to reserve, it simply moves the pickup/intake to higher pickup/intake.

TX.X-30 fan
02-24-2009, 08:05 PM
my point is, maybe putting in 2 pumps would help with the fuel issue or even a secondary pump that could "fail over" or something.

the fuel thing is kind of integral to the boat running. you'd think this would be on the top of the "we gotta fix this asap" list

I could easily be stranded 30 miles from my house at dark with a boat full of kids and folks.

I agree.

Footin
02-24-2009, 08:06 PM
I just make sure I don't run out of gas.

TX.X-30 fan
02-24-2009, 08:09 PM
I just make sure I don't run out of gas.

Please try and keep up. :mad:

:D:D

mccobmd
02-24-2009, 08:47 PM
FWIW I talked with the lead tech at my dealer who said that he hasn't noticed nearly as many problems with 2004 and newer models in the fuel pump area. I think I am going to see how I do with this one.

scramison
02-28-2009, 08:54 PM
I think you need to lay off, a bit. I am certain that MC is loving you using their site to report them to some bureaucratic administration. :rolleyes:

Maybe so, but how else am I suppose to let them know I am a unhappy MC owner?

I don't think this is some unrealistic request. I'm not asking them to fix a switch that goes out over time or some part that is rather irrelevant to one's boating experience. This is a fuel pump!

I guess Im new to this whole boating thing. I have owned 3 motorcycles and the forums are quite different. A good example is the 2008 Honda 1000RR. There are several owners that have noticed their motorcycle burns oil. When the first few reports of these 08s burning oil Honda tried to play it down. It worked at first until other owners started talking over the internet and realized Honda really had a problem.

The internet allows us to learn of these issues and will keep the brands honest. Honda has been offering entirely new bikes to some while others have been getting their engine 'repaired'. Most of the educated internet users have more information at hand and can prove their case that a new bike is necessary for 2 reasons. One it is happening to several people and two it is not acceptable to 'repair' a new engine making it more of a used engine. However, it seems boaters are more laid back.

I just think we should take advantage of the tools we have these days and try to force a repair or atleast a known solution to fix this issue.

To you sodar: "A genuine leader is not a searcher for consensus but a molder of consensus." ~One great leader

Floydage
05-23-2009, 04:24 PM
I'm in. I've replaced three and just lost another one. I have an 01 X-star. This is so diappointing.

boofer
05-26-2009, 12:41 AM
Hello guys, I am back. Yes, I am the guy who wrote the excruciatingly long post about the fuel pump.

BigMac, I was deployed overseas in October and returned in enough time to get spun up for Christmas. Then, I volunteered to be deployed again in March and I have just returned. So, working on the fuel pump problem has taken a back seat to family and home repairs. But, I do not fault you, you did not know.

I plan on continuing my pump project. I will need to get myself caught up on where I left off. But, I do know that I strongly advocated not using an off-the-shelf car pump based on internet hearsay. I went so far as to buy an MC replacement for $XXX. And, if I recall correctly, I had spoken to a parts guy who had correctly identified the EXACT fuel module and I was one step away from possibly acquiring an exact replacement pump (just the pump).

I still think that MC had a poor design. Is it unsafe? Well, I am not sure. Is using two pumps instead of one a good answer? It all depends. Are the two pumps of the same quality as before? If so, then using two instead of one does not fix the problem. And, what good is a redundant system (regardless of the quality of the pumps) like this if you have no way of knowing if one of the pumps has failed? I really think that MC tried to ease their cost of engineering to USCG standards by using a automotive style fuel delivery system. Malibu uses an external fuel delivery system that is nearly flawless, but it requires greater design efforts since it is external.

I will make an effort to get my project going again. But, for now, I am trying my best to integrate back into my family.

rhsprostar
05-26-2009, 01:07 AM
Hi guys
Good to see you back Boofer!
Boofer and I got the ball rolling on this last year when my pump went out and I replaced it with an aftermarket pump from NAPA. Tested it for pressure etc and it performed great. I have since put about 60 hours on it without issue. In fact I just GPSed the boat at 47.8 mph two weeks ago.
Now it's obviously up to the individual to decide if they are comfortable making the swap, but I personally am ,100% happy with it. In fact I am more confident in MY replacement than in putting in another $500 pump from MC!
Oh and all the work was done in conjunction with a friend of mine who is a certified car and marine mechanic. He had no issues with the swap out.

bigmac
05-26-2009, 08:21 AM
Hello guys, I am back. Yes, I am the guy who wrote the excruciatingly long post about the fuel pump.

BigMac, I was deployed overseas in October and returned in enough time to get spun up for Christmas. Then, I volunteered to be deployed again in March and I have just returned. So, working on the fuel pump problem has taken a back seat to family and home repairs. But, I do not fault you, you did not know.

Ah. Welcome back...glad you're safe.

Please keep us posted when you get a chance to re-address your fuel pump project. Obviously, the problem remains a sore point for many of us.

boofer
05-26-2009, 03:04 PM
Thanks bigmac. Each time I return home from one of these deployments I feel like a car merging onto the interstate. The interstate is going 80mph, and I am going 30mph. It takes me a while to catch up and get back up to speed. And needless to say, the weather is great, the wife is off for the week, and we are ditching chores for lake time.

Turnandburn
05-26-2009, 06:43 PM
I have a 2006 PS 197 with MCX and only 186 hours but I have had to replace the OEM fuel pump twice. It went out without warning on both occasions. I'm trying to keep the fuel tank full now. This is frustrating to read about.

Floydage
05-29-2009, 02:30 AM
Boofer,
Welcome back!! I just finish putting in a new pump tonight. I broke down and paid the 500 bucks (again, again and again)!!! Anyhow, I know it will go out since I have burned three pumps in 200 hours. In fact I don't even run out of gas, when it gets low, it just stops running because the gas is sloshing around in the tank. Adice to all reading. Don't pull your kids or turn the boat sharply when on 1/4 of a tank. How lame is this!!! Anyhow I am saving the old pump and going to do the NAPA repair and keep it on board.
I paid too much for a boat that has left me and my family on stranded on the lake.

Floydage
05-29-2009, 02:33 AM
Hi,
What is the part number for the NAPA pump? I am sick of replacing these pumps at $500 bucks a shot and would love to give this a try. My mechanic says they have Mastercarfts in all the time replacing pumps.
Thanks!!

sizzler
05-29-2009, 02:54 AM
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?p=602132&posted=1#post602132

this may help.......it helped me out..