PDA

View Full Version : Discount for TeamMasterCraft at SkiDim

bturner2
02-21-2009, 09:07 AM
Has anyone looked into getting Team MasterCraft members a discount at Discount Inboard Marine? I saw on their site that they offer a discount to Malibu and CorrectCraft memebers. The discount is only 10% but hey these days I'll take any discount I can get. I sent an Email to them and they returned the following response.....

Thanks for writing and for your kind words. Yes, we could consider adding a
TeamMC
Promo code. But, we would want to check with the site owner and the Web
Master to see if they are interested in placing our link on the site and
verbiage about the 10% offer through www.skidim.com. Please advise the site
owners name and e-mail address so that we can contact them in this regard.

As I do not own or in anyway represent the site I stopped at this point. I checked the FAQs and all that I saw were rules on group purchases, which I don't believe this would be.

ski_king
02-21-2009, 09:21 AM
This has been brought up a few times before.

I believe the problem is the site owner would rather have us buying our parts from our local dealer. I guess I can understand that.

As much as it hurts, I use MALIBU or CCFAN when I place my orders.

coz
02-21-2009, 09:29 AM
As much as it hurts, I use MALIBU or CCFAN when I place my orders.

I too am a MalibuCrew member :rolleyes: I've used the discount from there plus I like Malibu's and have friends there.

bturner2
02-21-2009, 09:58 AM
I guess I can understand that but not having a link or discount won't stop anyone from going there for parts. I see a lot of references made to going to DIY for parts but......
Guess I'll just keep using the Malibu discount.

TMCNo1
02-21-2009, 09:59 AM
Has anyone looked into getting Team MasterCraft members a discount at Discount Inboard Marine? I saw on their site that they offer a discount to Malibu and CorrectCraft memebers. The discount is only 10% but hey these days I'll take any discount I can get. I sent an Email to them and they returned the following response.....

Thanks for writing and for your kind words. Yes, we could consider adding a
TeamMC
Promo code. But, we would want to check with the site owner and the Web
Master to see if they are interested in placing our link on the site and
verbiage about the 10% offer through www.skidim.com (http://www.skidim.com). Please advise the site
owners name and e-mail address so that we can contact them in this regard.

As I do not own or in anyway represent the site I stopped at this point. I checked the FAQs and all that I saw were rules on group purchases, which I don't believe this would be.

I'll send the info along to Skidim and we'll see what happens!

Who did you communicate with at Skidim, Vince, Richard or Karen?

east tx skier
02-21-2009, 10:06 AM
I think there's a "USA" promo code, too. For the reason ski king mentioned, MC is not going to put a ski dim link on here. Difference between this site and the Malibu and Nautique sites is that the latter sites are individually owned. They have a lot of participating dealers as well, i.e., White Lake, who offer very good discounts to participating members of those forums.

bigmac
02-21-2009, 10:31 AM
I just use the Malibu code. Been doing that for a couple of years. I also am a member there, and I also like Malibu boats (at least some of them).

My experience over the years that I've owned a MasterCraft is that there is something of a...uh..."corporate marketing imagination void" in the vicinity of Vonore, Tennessee.

east tx skier
02-21-2009, 11:26 AM
I just use the Malibu code. Been doing that for a couple of years. I also am a member there, and I also like Malibu boats (at least some of them).

My experience over the years that I've owned a MasterCraft is that there is something of a...uh..."corporate marketing imagination void" in the vicinity of Vonore, Tennessee.

Don't they build Malibus near there, too?

bigmac
02-21-2009, 11:31 AM
Don't they build Malibus near there, too?I've heard rumors to that effect, although I have no direct knowledge. I thought they built Malibus in California?

east tx skier
02-21-2009, 11:32 AM
I've heard rumors to that effect, although I have no direct knowledge. I thought they built Malibus in California?

CA and TN for a few years now I believe.

bturner2
02-21-2009, 12:41 PM
I got an Email back from Karen

scott023
02-21-2009, 02:46 PM
CA and TN for a few years now I believe.

When I toured the MC plant in October, we were told that Malibu's factory was near where we were, so I am sure eastie is right on...

TMCNo1
02-21-2009, 05:25 PM
They are in the same industrial park as OJ Props in Loudon, TN about 9 miles from MasterCraft.

TMCNo1
02-21-2009, 07:38 PM
Just got a reply back from Skidim! Looks like they check their emails and such on weekends unlike others!

Dear Harold,
Good to hear from you. Thanks for your help!
We will try to help.
Karen and Vince Dougherty
Owners
www.skidim.com (http://www.skidim.com/)

Slinkyredfoot
02-21-2009, 07:45 PM
This would be great if they did...I need to buy some stuff and I am getting geeked for spring and getting the boat out Maybe they could call it a stimilus package or something for MC owners...Has this idea been thought of before?

flipper
02-21-2009, 09:35 PM
How about a darkside discount?

Sodar
02-21-2009, 09:55 PM
How about a darkside discount?

That's fine, but for every item sold, Pram pays shipping.

TX.X-30 fan
02-21-2009, 10:19 PM
Pram pays all my shipping, do you need his fedex acct. #'s

russlars
06-02-2009, 03:08 PM
Anyone have a promotional code for Skidim? Getting ready to place an order.

BrianM
06-02-2009, 03:28 PM
You can use MALIBU, CCFAN or USA for 10% off.

east tx skier
06-02-2009, 04:09 PM
I prefer CCFAN.

Gonzo
06-08-2009, 10:26 AM
I prefer CCFAN.

We know, we know......:D

Jim@BAWS
06-08-2009, 10:40 AM
They now have a NEW TOLL FREE #

1 877 817 7774

Really!!!

JohnE
06-08-2009, 10:42 AM

1 877 817 7774

Really!!!

Did you use your TMC discount?:D

Gonzo
06-08-2009, 10:49 AM

1 877 817 7774

Really!!!

Thats funny everytime I call that I get MYMC?:confused::confused::D:D

Jim@BAWS
06-08-2009, 12:11 PM
Did you use your TMC discount?:D

Yes I did...I got a GREAT DEAL

you guys should call that #

Sodar
06-08-2009, 12:19 PM
The day that a MC Dealer does what SkiDim has done as far as Online Ordering, is the day that they will get most MC owner's business.

Mike at MYMC (http://mymastercraft.com/) has done a nice job, but that lack of photos really hinders.

Midwest MasterCraft (http://www.waterskis.com/MasterCraft-Boat-Parts-s/138.htm) has done a great job and looks to be expanding on a daily basis.

No one wants to deal with the hassle of calling the parts department, telling them what they need, waiting for a day or 2 while the parts department sits on their thumb, etc.

This is why SkiDim has the following and the business that they have.

scharette
06-08-2009, 11:36 PM
Also,
They really know their products,they give really good advice and also they answer their email during weekend!!

Go for a MASTERCRAFT promo code.