PDA

View Full Version : 07 X45 Cover Differences - Dealer put on wrong one!

ironbrad
02-21-2009, 08:43 AM
I could use a little help here. Our mastercraft dealer (Las Vegas Water Sports) put the WRONG cover on our Boat! They put a different cover on there, one that is actually torn. We have a 2007 Mastercraft X-45, and it even looks like the LOGO is different on the cover they put on our boat. It looks like an older cover from an older model year. Does anyone know if the 2007 Mastercraft Cover is a different logo than previous years? Also, the cover has "grey" velcro attachment areas versus our old cover which we believe was pure black. Are these different in the cover model years?

We're positive the cover that was put on our boat isnt the cover that came with the boat nor the cover that we turned in with our boat to the dealer before they started working on it. Any suggestions on what we should do?

Any help here would be appreciated.

corey
02-21-2009, 09:02 AM
I'd say call em and ask em, accidents happen.

03 35th Anniversary
02-21-2009, 09:33 AM
I could use a little help here. Our mastercraft dealer (Las Vegas Water Sports) put the WRONG cover on our Boat! They put a different cover on there, one that is actually torn. We have a 2007 Mastercraft X-45, and it even looks like the LOGO is different on the cover they put on our boat. It looks like an older cover from an older model year. Does anyone know if the 2007 Mastercraft Cover is a different logo than previous years? Also, the cover has "grey" velcro attachment areas versus our old cover which we believe was pure black. Are these different in the cover model years?

We're positive the cover that was put on our boat isnt the cover that came with the boat nor the cover that we turned in with our boat to the dealer before they started working on it. Any suggestions on what we should do?

Any help here would be appreciated.

With boats going in and out of a shop and being covered and uncovered next to each other, I'm sure its not hard for someone to put the wrong cover back on a boat.

thatsmrmastercraft
02-21-2009, 10:34 AM
My Polaris snowmobile cover has an area inside the cover to put your name and adress just for this very reason. I guess a tag could be sewn to the inside of a boat cover to prevent this in the future.

TMCNo1
02-21-2009, 10:57 AM
Write your info on the inside of the cover with this, from most any office supply outlet,
PEN100W
by Pentel
Permanent Marker, Broad Tip, White

TallRedRider
02-22-2009, 04:06 PM
Ironbrad,
You have a private message.

ironbrad
02-25-2009, 12:08 AM
I'll definitely put my name on it when i get it back! No one did answer my original questions though:

"Does anyone know if the 2007 Mastercraft Cover is a different logo than previous years? Also, the cover has "grey" velcro attachment areas versus our old cover which we believe was pure black. Are these different in the cover model years?"

(fyi, the lasvegas guys actually read this post and sent me an email about it! that's pretty cool!) :)

-Brad

ChrisConn Inc.
02-25-2009, 01:02 AM
I have an 07 x45, the Velcro is all black.

ironbrad
02-25-2009, 11:53 AM
Thanks Chris. This confirms my thoughts.