PDA

View Full Version : 2009 XStar Standard Features

wakeboardSTL
02-20-2009, 10:44 AM
I recently purchased a 2009 XStar, which is still waiting to be picked up at the factory and I am curious to know if anyone could point me to a list of standard features for this boat. I added a few things, but I want to make sure I am getting everything I want, in case I need to add something to it before it leaves the factory.

Thanks in advance.

jdl xstar
02-20-2009, 10:54 AM
Congrats on the purchase!

The MC 2009 book/catalog lists all the standard features for all models.

You have any pics yet?

wakeboardSTL
02-20-2009, 10:59 AM
No pics yet. I won't pick it up until probably the end of March. Hull 1 and 2 are Pro-Tour Red, super pumped. :D Thanks for the info, I will pick up a new catalog tomorrow when I drop off and say goodbye to my X2. :(

PaulW
02-20-2009, 01:38 PM
Congrats on the new boat, We love the X star, have an 06

Were in the midwest are you located at? Here in Chicago the heater is king, and three ports would be better than the two that I have now. Lights on the tower speakers are nice for docking or putting it on the trailer at night.

Ole Miss Rebels
02-20-2009, 02:06 PM
these are my thoughts on what i think is useful and most of which i have on my boat: heated seat, bow ladder, bow-filler cushion, Z5 rigid cargo bimini, fly-high ballast system, L18 engine, hot shower, three-point heater, don't install carpet snaps on the floor and go carpet-less, raw water strainer, battery tender, dual mirrors, transome remote, i don't have the i-pod interface but lots of people like it, multi-disc cd changer, proper size anchor and rope for anchor compartment, transome protector, double-carpeted bunks, the correct prop-for me it was the 14.75 X 15.5 oj, do not get hydraulic steering, quick-fllush hook up (as opposed to using a fake-a-lake), high-output alternator, dual silent-master muffler option (may be standard now), in mississippi we don't use lights because of the bugs, get wet-sounds tower speakers as opposed to the JL's (the JL's are fine for the cabin, just not the tower), upgrade your stereo after you get the boat, just get the basic system from the dealership which includes one sub, two amps and six cabin speakers.

PaulW
02-21-2009, 01:12 PM
these are my thoughts on what i think is useful and most of which i have on my boat: heated seat, bow ladder, bow-filler cushion, Z5 rigid cargo bimini, fly-high ballast system, L18 engine, hot shower, three-point heater, don't install carpet snaps on the floor and go carpet-less, raw water strainer, battery tender, dual mirrors, transome remote, i don't have the i-pod interface but lots of people like it, multi-disc cd changer, proper size anchor and rope for anchor compartment, transome protector, double-carpeted bunks, the correct prop-for me it was the 14.75 X 15.5 oj, do not get hydraulic steering, quick-fllush hook up (as opposed to using a fake-a-lake), high-output alternator, dual silent-master muffler option (may be standard now), in mississippi we don't use lights because of the bugs, get wet-sounds tower speakers as opposed to the JL's (the JL's are fine for the cabin, just not the tower), upgrade your stereo after you get the boat, just get the basic system from the dealership which includes one sub, two amps and six cabin speakers.

Ole Miss Rebels, Was there any options that you missed?? I wish that I did not have the snaps installed for the carpet, that's a good idea. We never use the carpet. Its nice to just wipe up the floor and not have to deal with the wet dirty carpet.

Jim@BAWS
02-21-2009, 01:55 PM
http://www.mastercraft.com/boats/overview/xstar

Start here and BUILD

After your boat leaves that backside of the factory for shipping. Nothing can be added
unless a dealer orders it then adds it to the boat when it arrives

CONGRATS on your purchase

Jim@BAWS

scott023
02-21-2009, 02:12 PM

Geez, you're not wanting much.... LOL.

wakeboardSTL
02-24-2009, 10:15 PM
Thanks for the responses. I dropped of my X2 for trade on Saturday, she was a great boat. The boat that I got is pretty much equipped the same as the one I traded in. The only difference is the star has two less tower speakers and a teak platform.

The new one has the following, but is a pretty standard set up:

Teak Platform
Bimini Top
Towing Cover
Two Tower Speakers with Lights
IPOD Interface
Heater
MCX

I asked to not have the carpet installed so hopefully it will show up that way. My X2 never had it installed or the snaps put in, that's how I like them too. I will keep you guys posted, I think they are going to pick it up this week.

The one thing I didn't get because of budget, that I would love to have is the Z5 Cargo Rack. As for the stereo, I love the stock one. Would like to pick up two more tower speakers if anyone has some they are looking to get rid of.