PDA

View Full Version : This is worth a well worth the watch

Monte
02-19-2009, 10:17 AM
I know several of the board members here have young children and grand children. I will warn you though the first part of the video will make you pucker a little. At least it did for me.
http://www.childdrowningprevention.com/index.html

Monte
02-19-2009, 10:24 AM
BTW would a mod please fix the title?? I'd appreciate it:o

chudson
02-19-2009, 10:28 AM
Pretty amazing, that's something that should be an offered course for all parents with new babies!!!

edit: I must be cross eyed, I didn't notice the title till you mentioned it!!!

Smoothie
02-19-2009, 10:38 AM
Had my twins in swim class since 7 months. However who does not have a safety fence around their pools these days. Lots of water hear in Florida.

Bellinghamster
02-19-2009, 10:49 AM
Fantastic! We had our kids swimming very early, but not THAT early.

Unforunately, I have sunk like a rock for as long as I can remember (no end to my frustration in ~3rd grade swimming class when the instructor kept insisted I just wasn't arching my back enough to float properly... I'm convinced I held the perfect arch while lying on my back ON THE BOTTOM OF THE POOL.). Maybe those new-fangled disposable diapers and synthetic fleece jammies add some floatation over the old 100% cotton firebombs we used to wear.

Slinkyredfoot
02-19-2009, 11:37 AM
This is interesting and a great idea. My daughter enrolled my grandson in a very similar class at the local YMCA, money well spent

Muttley
02-19-2009, 12:15 PM
My mom used to teach that at the Y. Her grandkids could swim before they could walk. It was awesome having that piece of mind when they were toddlers.

scott023
02-19-2009, 01:31 PM
That is amazing... we have had our kids in the parent & tot lessons as early as they will let us. That being said, I know that they could not do what is shown in that clip. Something that should be available to all parents, IMO.

Fletchx7
02-19-2009, 09:49 PM
That is great! Especially knowing that my first born is due in 13 days. I checked out the website and already found classes in Indy. I plan on getting her in the water this summer, but I will have her enrolled by 6months.