PDA

View Full Version : MC Production

Mr Mastercraft
02-19-2009, 01:01 AM
Has anyone heard anything about MC stopping production on their boats until further notice?

duckguy
02-19-2009, 03:11 AM
I dont know either way but I do know that I am tired of doom and gloom!

jixxxer
02-19-2009, 06:35 AM
Ive heard that during the week, but not sure how accurate it is.

TMCNo1
02-19-2009, 06:42 AM
Rumors, rumors, what would we do without them?:(

VOLFAN
02-19-2009, 08:33 AM
I don't think they will cut production by much. I have heard for the most part new MC sales are staying about the same.

scott023
02-19-2009, 09:05 AM
My local dealer has said that production levels will not go lower that they currently are based on new boat sales... anyone live around Volmore that has seen how many units are sitting there lately?

Jim@BAWS
02-19-2009, 09:28 AM
Has anyone heard anything about MC stopping production on their boats until further notice?

Yes MasterCraft has stopped production on Sunday afternoons and nights

Please quit digging for RUMORS here. It is tough out there and everyone including MasterCraft and its dealers are making adjustments to be competitive and
serve there customer needs

Now go and buy a new boat...

Jim@BAWS

VOLFAN
02-19-2009, 09:29 AM
I have seen several shipments of new MC's headed West on I40 recently.

VOLFAN
02-19-2009, 09:31 AM

Jim@BAWS

Our if your budget doesn't allow you to buy a new one, buy a used one so that person can go buy a new MC!

2RLAKE
02-19-2009, 09:36 AM
great point Jim ... its the same doom and gloom in our overall economy .... we make it worse the more we talk about it ... if you tell your kids they are bad and stupid guess how they will end up as teenagers? Because of the negative press, the economy is indeed down ... a self-licking ice cream cone (think through that analogy). The press has everyone scared to death so everyone is limiting their spending, etc.

Rumors are dangerous.

Me, I'm looking forward to spring and getting my awesome MC in the water and helping the economy by buying a lot of gas

sully
02-19-2009, 09:42 AM
I agree with 2rlake
If the media would start to report good aspect of the economy then everyone wouldn't feel so doom and gloom about it and it would start getting better on it's own.

VOLFAN
02-19-2009, 09:50 AM
I agree with 2rlake
If the media would start to report good aspect of the economy then everyone wouldn't feel so doom and gloom about it and it would start getting better on it's own.

exactly!

media says thing are getting better, people start back buying and spending. People start buying and spending then people go back to work and everything goes back to normal.

Jim@BAWS
02-19-2009, 10:00 AM
I agree with 2rlake

ABC, CBS, NBC, CNBC, PMSNBC are all WORSHIPING the new Messiah. He can do NO WRONG
This guy has NEVER RUN a business and has NO idea of what it takes.

Maybe I should start feeling guilty for NOT cheating or taking advantage of government hand outs.

This DOOM AND GLOOM is getting real old

Jim@BAWS

Smoothie
02-19-2009, 10:24 AM
ahahhah I love it Jim!!! I agree with your entire post. Funny while the evil horrible hitler known as GW was in office and he would talk about our terrorism he was using fear tactics and fear mongering. Hmmmmmmmm all I hear every day is crisis crisis crisis. Not a good way to turn it around when thats all you hear from your leaders. Admit we are in a bad spot and lets move on. Oh and send me a few million I will spend a chunk at BAWS on a new PWT add some employees to my business buy a few pieces of equipment. That would be stimulating!!!!

2RLAKE
02-19-2009, 10:25 AM
you know the media and the congress blasted the three auto exec CEOs for showing up in their business jets. You know what's interesting, the media never, ever, not even on a rainy day when there is nothing to report, would report on how many business jets the government owns. i'm not talking about Air Force One. They own 5 BBJs (VC40s). That's a 737-800 with a business jet interior. The have a stable of Gulfstreams (think they are GIIIs or GIVs ... VC20). Guess how many senators fly back to their respective home states commercially. Point is it makes economic sense for them to fly privately .. both security and efficiency reasons. Most of the business execs who fly their own business jets work the entire time ... it's a virtual office

anyway ... back to work

2RLAKE
02-19-2009, 10:27 AM
as a co-worker of mine says ... be the change you want to be .... stop sport b*tching and fix it

Mr Mastercraft
02-19-2009, 11:08 AM
What do you think I am trying to do !!!!!!

Mr Mastercraft
02-19-2009, 11:12 AM
:confused:

SkiDog
02-19-2009, 11:19 AM
great point Jim ... its the same doom and gloom in our overall economy .... we make it worse the more we talk about it ... if you tell your kids they are bad and stupid guess how they will end up as teenagers? Because of the negative press, the economy is indeed down ... a self-licking ice cream cone (think through that analogy). The press has everyone scared to death so everyone is limiting their spending, etc.

Rumors are dangerous.

Me, I'm looking forward to spring and getting my awesome MC in the water and helping the economy by buying a lot of gas

Nows the time to be buying gas, no telling what the prices will be by summer.:confused:

92 190 PS
02-19-2009, 11:39 AM
Jim@BAWS[/quote]

Agree. 25 "crisis" comments in one speech yesterday from the messiah himself.

Jim@BAWS
02-19-2009, 11:41 AM
Nows the time to be buying gas, no telling what the prices will be by summer.:confused:

We went back upto $1.92 per gallon last week. It is back down to $1.87 per gallon
at RACETRACK. Last week at HESS I about pooped my pants. Diesel dropped to
$2.11 per gallon all the other stations where at $2.35 per gallon. 3 Days later same station
$2.19 per gallon...do I watch it YES I DO just like everyone else. Oil is at an all time low
Under $40 per barrell. But economic unrest in the stock market drives prices up BS on that one.

Jim@BAWS

Jim@BAWS
02-19-2009, 11:42 AM
What do you think I am trying to do !!!!!!

I don't know...what are you trying to do?

scott023
02-19-2009, 12:22 PM
I don't know...what are you trying to do?

Yes, pray tell us...:D

ShamrockIV
02-19-2009, 12:29 PM
Our if your budget doesn't allow you to buy a new one, buy a used one so that person can go buy a new MC!

beware the shameless plugs!!!!!!

VOLFAN
02-19-2009, 12:33 PM
My only intention is to move some MC boats....and not just mine :)

scott do you know anyone that has a 06' or newer x2 that would want my 03' x2 they are one in the same don't ya know??? :)

I am not sur eif everyone heard but things are back to being ok now and you can buy wahtever you want..........

scott023
02-19-2009, 12:33 PM
I agree with all of the previous statements... there is a global recession right now that will onyl intensify if we all keep our wallets hidden away. I am concerned like everyone else, but no way is it going to keep me from living the life my wife and I have set out to lead with our kids... just my two cents.

jasonba1
02-19-2009, 12:40 PM
They are shutting down production for 1 week is what I was told. I hate this hopefully evverything will turn around soon.

VOLFAN
02-19-2009, 01:14 PM
They are shutting down production for 1 week is what I was told. I hate this hopefully evverything will turn around soon.

cool a one week vacation...

The company I work for has done this twice, but only for its contractors and it was two weeks both times....

scott023
02-19-2009, 01:27 PM
My only intention is to move some MC boats....and not just mine :)

scott do you know anyone that has a 06' or newer x2 that would want my 03' x2 they are one in the same don't ya know??? :)

I am not sur eif everyone heard but things are back to being ok now and you can buy wahtever you want..........

Depends how much your asking... and if both parties can find transportation. Where are you located?

EricB
02-19-2009, 01:31 PM
Ice Cream & The Election- An Excellent Analogy! (From a teacher in the Nashville area I am told). Who worries about "the cow" when it is all about the "Ice Cream?

The most eye-opening civics lesson I ever had was while teaching third grade this year.
The presidential election was heating up and some of the children showed an interest.
I decided we would have an election for a class president. We would choose our nominees. They would make a campaign speech and the class would vote.

To simplify the process, candidates were nominated by other class members. We discussed what kinds of characteristics these students should have. We got many nominations and from those, Jamie and Olivia were picked to run for the top spot. The class had done a great job in their selections.

Both candidates were good kids. I thought Jamie might have an advantage because he got lots of parental support. I had never seen Olivia's mother. The day arrived when they were to make their speeches Jamie went first. He had specific ideas about how to make our class a better place. He ended by promising to do his very best.

Everyone applauded. He sat down and Olivia came to the podium. Her speech was concise.
She said, "If you will vote for me, I will give you ice cream." She sat down.

The class went wild. "Yes! Yes! We want ice cream." She surely could say more. She did not have to. A discussion followed. How did she plan to pay for the ice cream? She wasn't sure.
Would her parents buy it or would the class pay for it? She didn't know. The class really didn't care. All they were thinking about was ice cream.

Jamie was forgotten, and Olivia won by a landslide.

Every time Barack Obama opened his mouth he offered ice cream and fifty-two percent of the people reacted like nine year olds. They want ice cream.

The other forty-eight percent of us know we're going to have to feed the cow
and clean up the mess.

wakeX2wake
02-19-2009, 01:54 PM
love the analogy... my facebook status for 4 weeks read... Patrick is stoked we just elected the kid who promised free ice cream and longer recess class president

Sodar
02-19-2009, 02:01 PM
This all does not even matter. The world is going to end in 2012. Right!?!? :rolleyes:

wakeX2wake
02-19-2009, 02:05 PM
This all does not even matter. The world is going to end in 2012. Right!?!? :rolleyes:

that's what i keep hearing... my plan was to buy a house i can't really afford on 100% financing and then let it ride on it until doomsday but the whole buying a house you can't afford thing has been WAY played out over the past year or so

6ballsisall
02-19-2009, 02:48 PM
as a co-worker of mine says ... be the change you want to be .... stop sport b*tching and fix it

I like the bumper sticker I saw on this jeep yesterday:

"Piss of a Liberal. Go to work and be happy" :uglyhamme

scott023
02-19-2009, 02:52 PM

2012??? I missed that memo. Can some please resend it? ;)

6ballsisall
02-19-2009, 02:53 PM

You watched that series too huh? Kinda freaky

Witness140
02-19-2009, 03:17 PM
Yes MasterCraft has stopped production on Sunday afternoons and nights

Please quit digging for RUMORS here. It is tough out there and everyone including MasterCraft and its dealers are making adjustments to be competitive and
serve there customer needs

Jim@BAWS

I did. Now we just have to get someone to actually ship it to the dealer. Another week has gone by, no boat. Figured MC would want to get paid, but maybe they like to build them and let them sit out back? :)

Sodar
02-19-2009, 03:21 PM
Tell Ronnie Belcher to get on it! :D

wakeX2wake
02-19-2009, 03:24 PM
2012??? I missed that memo. Can some please resend it? ;)

nothing to send Nostradamus (sp?) predicted that the world would end in the yr 2012 and it was also predicted by the ancient Mayans that the would would end the same yr... WE'RE DOOMED

VOLFAN
02-19-2009, 03:28 PM
I did. Now we just have to get someone to actually ship it to the dealer. Another week has gone by, no boat. Figured MC would want to get paid, but maybe they like to build them and let them sit out back? :)

I will go by and pick it up a deliver it up to ya for the right price :D

Jim@BAWS
02-19-2009, 03:37 PM

Your DEALER via DEALERLINK should know " TO THE DAY" if and when you boat
has been or is to be completed. A little smoke and mirrors here

Jim@BAWS

Witness140
02-19-2009, 04:00 PM
My boat has been completed for at least a few weeks. That has never been a question.

When I finished up the loan paperwork on Feb 4 - the boat was done and waiting for Belchers to take it. Possible ETA was Feb 6. It was coming with another boat as a shipment of 2. Didn't come last week cuz of some confusion with the other boat apparently.

Last thing I was told at the end of last week was that it would probably be here early this week. Haven't heard a peep from anyone. Maybe the snow we had last night was a factor.

It's not a big deal I guess. Its freezing up here anyways. I'm just excited to see the new boat and want to get some pictures of it when it is delivered to my dealer.

shepherd
02-19-2009, 04:17 PM

If everybody starts buying gas, prices will probably go up. :cool:

Congrats on the new boat Witness. I hope you get to sit in it soon!

Witness140
02-19-2009, 04:18 PM
Disregard. I didn't want to bug them, but felt I had to send an email to at least find out. Just got a reply. It's there. Gonna go see it tomorrow!

Glad I emailed.

brucemac
02-19-2009, 05:06 PM
bring your camera! oh, wait dealer prep. :)