PDA

View Full Version : Do you want brakes?

Eddie Dodge
02-17-2009, 09:50 PM
I might have a deal for someone that is looking for a brake setup. I have had this boat and trailer 6 years. I am averaging every 2 years working on the brakes. I have decided that I no longer want brakes on the trailer. If there is anyone interested, I will swap my complete brake set up (backing plate assy, hubs, lines, and complete actuator assy) for someone’s standard hubs. I will prefer to keep my bearings and races, since I repack them often. I do not know why they quit working, nor do I want to know. New wheel cylinders and actuator 2 years ago. All you will have to do is pay for shipping both ways. I will just unbolt the swing up actuator and send it to you. I will not require your coupler in the swap. I just want the standard hubs. I have a double axle trailer 1996.
I was going to remove everything and trim the brake hubs on the lathe, but thought I would see in anyone wanted a brake setup.
The fix could be as simple as bleeding the air, or it could need another actuator or wheel cylinder.

Hollywood
02-18-2009, 11:07 AM
I just yanked the pads and everything out behind the drums and leave the coupler in the reverse lockout position.