PDA

View Full Version : volume

peason
05-14-2005, 03:50 PM
Working on installing my amp today to run tower speakers and a sub.
Hooked every thing up to do a test run and the volume doesn't work. Its either zero or loud as can be, same with the functions on the stereo either +7 or -7 bass.

Did I screw something up? or is it a defective stereo?

Clarion M335 with a remote connection for control from the drivers seat.

I've had the stereo for a couple of years now with no problems until now. I discontected everything and tried again, to no avail. I also disconnected the AMP and the stereo still does the same thing.

Frustrated for two reasons - Stereo won't work and too cold and rainy to get out on water.

rodltg2
05-14-2005, 04:23 PM
sounds like something wrong with the stereo. wiring it wrong should not cause that. try a reset button if there is one .

BriEOD
05-14-2005, 05:03 PM
I agree with Rod. I don't see how the amplifier could change the settings on the head unit like that.

peason
05-15-2005, 05:34 PM
Unhooked everything and started over -which solved the volume problem - I thnik it had some thing to do with my remote. I now have to figure out how to set the amp - I've done everything the manual tells me to, but I still don't get any sound out of my sub. I've tried playing with the settings, but now I thnik I just need hook the speaker arrangement differently.
Thanks for the support.

jayocheskey
05-20-2005, 04:08 PM
Wish I could help. That would mean I didn't have to pay someone else to install all my equipment -- definitely not the case.