PDA

View Full Version : Engine Rebuild Kit

samtechwaterski
02-16-2009, 10:27 PM
For those who have rebuilt their Ford 351. What pistons and gaskets ect did you use. From the looks of it I should go with the Marine Fel - Pro Gaskets. Is there a complete marine rebuild kit for these motors? What parts did yall purchase? I just want to make sure I get the right parts that are marine specific.

Sam

denverd1
02-20-2009, 04:52 PM
I didn't get down to the rotating assemby, just Heads, cam and intake. IIRC, Fel-pro for head and intake manifold gaskets. Ordered from Skidim.com, no kit but you can order 1 gasket at a time so just build it up like that.

TMCNo1
02-20-2009, 05:48 PM
You can always check with these guys, http://www.ebasicpower.com/ , they gave gasket sets and about everything else.

rcnjson
02-20-2009, 06:49 PM
I have rebuilt my share of SBF's and the gaskets I like best are
Fel Pro
Head 1011-1
Intake 1262
Exhaust 1415

The only fit issue is with the intake gasket you have to cut the "L" out of the water passage at the front or the back depending what side of the engine you are on. It is pretty easy though when you lay the gasket on the head you can see where you have to trim.

I rebuilt my boat motor last year and I used the hypereutetic (cast) pistons. Lots of advantages here. They are cheaper, that is the big one. They weigh less than the forged 'stones, thats free HP's. There are quite a few choices, compression ratio, bore size... They are the right choice for your boat unless you plan to throw a ton of nitrous at it or bolt on a blower.
My $.02
Jason