PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Plate

MrsJMT
05-14-2005, 01:12 PM
Good Morning Everybody; Help!
Jim is out of town, so I'll pose this question to you: I went out to run errands this morning and the back plate on my vehicle had been stolen :mad: .
I reported it to the police, but in the meantime, do I just run around without a plate (Iowa is a two-plate state and of course the one they stole is the one with the renewal tag on it), do I contact the license place on Monday, will they automatically send me replacement plates, what?? Has this happened to any of you? Thanks. P

bradamerry
05-14-2005, 01:16 PM
Jim is out of town, so I'll pose this question to you: I went out to run errands this morning and the back plate on my vehicle had been stolen :mad: .
I reported it to the police, but in the meantime, do I just run around without a plate (Iowa is a two-plate state and of course the one they stole is the one with the renewal tag on it), do I contact the license place on Monday, will they automatically send me replacement plates, what?? Has this happened to to any of you? Thanks. P
Police should give you something to make you legal....

MrsJMT
05-14-2005, 01:26 PM
They gave me a case number, I guess if I get stopped they can reference that?

bradamerry
05-14-2005, 01:28 PM
They gave me a case number, I guess if I get stopped they can reference that?
I would drive it, just me..

MrsJMT
05-14-2005, 01:33 PM
Okay, guess there's really not much I can do until Monday (unless I see my plate on some jerk's car!). Thanks for the replies :)

bradamerry
05-14-2005, 01:42 PM
No problem..... Hope it all works out for you... Atleast they didn't steal the car.. :mad:

RackAtak
05-14-2005, 01:45 PM
Okay, guess there's really not much I can do until Monday (unless I see my plate on some jerk's car!). Thanks for the replies :)
They may come and see you after the bank robbery! :eek:

MrsJMT
05-14-2005, 02:02 PM
Well, I feel SOOOO much better now; first I hadn't thought about them stealing my Jimmy and now I have to worry about being an accomplice :eek:

Leroy
05-14-2005, 02:20 PM
It probably just fell off somewhere, no need to worry!

lakes Rick
05-14-2005, 03:09 PM
Jose' Rodriquez now has your plate... Any bets on this?

rodltg2
05-14-2005, 04:28 PM
:eek3: Jose' Rodriquez now has your plate... Any bets on this?
wow :eek:

milkmania
05-14-2005, 04:32 PM
I reported it to the police, but in the meantime, do I just run around without a plate (Iowa is a two-plate state and of course the one they stole is the one with the renewal tag on it), do I contact the license place on Monday, will they automatically send me replacement plates, what?? Has this happened to any of you? Thanks. P

you sure Jim didn't take it with him?!?!?!:uglyhamme

but seriously, like had been mentioned earlier, I'd drive it and wouldn't think twice about it!
besides you're in a 2-plate state....
you've got one and the thief's got one....but you've got the paperwork & name to back up your claim:D

MrsJMT
05-14-2005, 05:32 PM
You guys are such comedians..... Let's see; yes Leroy, I'm sure it did fall off-RIGHT AFTER THEY TOOK THE SCREWS OUT, Lakes-give Jose' a call for me, would ya, and milk, who do you think the first person I called was??? Okay, I won't make you guess, but Jim's response was "WHY would I take your license plate?"
Thanks for making me see some humor in this, but I'm still POed; it was a speciality plate and the number was sequential to Jim's (and together they were my birthday).
Look out Jose'!

milkmania
05-14-2005, 07:23 PM
MrsJMT
You guys are such comedians.....
you think it's bad now.....you should see us during the winter months:steering:

it's probably just "misplaced":D

the comedy in this forum is free of charge.
it's a way of making a person smile instead of crying.

maybe someone was on one of those "scavenger hunts?":purplaugh

Rockman
05-16-2005, 10:59 AM

I had the back plate stolen off of my Z28 when I was at college. I reported it to the police who wrote up a report, etc. Keep the police report in your vehicle and go the DMV asap and explain what happened. They will take down your information and set you up with temporary plates. They will ask if you want to just keep the temps or re-order a replacement set of plates. I re-ordered since it was a vanity plate. The only difference is a small "R" in the corner when you get the new plates.

Hope this helps!

jsonova99
05-16-2005, 11:04 AM
as long as the police have it on file, you should have nothing to worry about. I would drive without until you get a chance to get a new one, I'm sure if you have somehting to reference the case in case of getting stopped, they will not give you any problems. It's a scary thought, as far as why they stole it. It could be a bank robbery or something, yo never know.

Leroy
05-16-2005, 11:25 AM
Yes MrsJMT! (note to self, watch it here).

I actually had my motorcycle tag stolen in '88 and cops called me around midnight couple of months later asking if I was in a wreck or changed my tag. Guess the guy that stole it robbed a bank or something and then crashed pretty bad.

MrsJMT
05-16-2005, 06:21 PM
Thanks for the replies everybody. I called the license plate department today and will have to take my lone plate in with $5 to get a new set issued. Guess I'll superglue the next set on!

[QUOTE=Leroy]Yes MrsJMT! (note to self, watch it here).
What's the matter Leroy, did I scare you 8p
(and what am I doing wrong that my quotes don't show up in the box?)

jimmer2880
05-17-2005, 06:28 AM
Thanks for the replies everybody. I called the license plate department today and will have to take my lone plate in with $5 to get a new set issued. Guess I'll superglue the next set on!

Yes MrsJMT! (note to self, watch it here).
What's the matter Leroy, did I scare you 8p
(and what am I doing wrong that my quotes don't show up in the box?)

Forget the Super Glue - affix the TAZER:eek:

MrsJMT
05-17-2005, 08:14 AM
Ohhh, double quote. Showoff!

jimmer2880
05-17-2005, 12:27 PM
Ohhh, double quote. Showoff!

When you quote, be sure you have both the QUOTE=username and /QUOTE in []'s.