PDA

View Full Version : Warranty Transfer

samnapper
02-16-2009, 06:41 PM
I bought a 07í X2 and I canít decide if I should get the warranty transferred. The boat only has 59 hours on it and the guys that I bought it from (not a Mastercraft dealer) did the 50 hour service and also changed the impeller. The warranty would go through March of 2010, which will only give me one season of coverage and itís only good on the drive Tran. The only thing that makes me wary on not transferring it, is this boat was a bank repo so I donít know all the history of the boat. One more question, the tower does not have the braces. I have talked to Mastercraft about getting them installed. Where would I look to see if there is any cracks in the tower. Thanks.

Ole Miss Rebels
02-16-2009, 10:33 PM
personally, i can't imagine not getting the warranty transferred. apparently you aren't aware of the costs associated with repairs (both parts and labor). i bought an extended warranty for both of my last two xstars even though i never used it on my first xstar, get the warranty transferred and don't look back.

JohnE
02-16-2009, 10:36 PM
Doesn't the original owner need to sign over the warranty to the 2nd? Is this possible with a repo?

samnapper
02-16-2009, 11:03 PM
I emailed Mastercraft to find out if I could transfer the warranty and told them it was a repo and they said complete the transfer paper work and mail it back with the fee and it would be transferred.

scott023
02-17-2009, 09:55 AM
IMHO it makes nothing but sense to transfer the warranty... I am a first time boat owner as well, so I have no experience with repairs etc., but from what I have learnt on here, repairs are costly, especially to drive train.

ORX-1
02-17-2009, 05:53 PM
I would transfer it for sure. there are so many little things that pop up that the warranty covers and it so nice to keep the cash in your pocket. I bet the cost of transfering the warranty is the about the same as an hour or two of labor, so it will break even real soon!

samnapper
02-17-2009, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the info. I guess I'm being cheap not wanting to pay $450 for something I might not ever use and only get really five months use out of. I did find out that Mastercraft would install the tower braces at no charge. That is really cool.

magnum
02-17-2009, 09:26 PM
Just like any insurance , its a guessing game if you will ever use it, I had it transferred on mine and paid the $450, I had a glove box latch that was broken and they had to replace the whole glove box unit and it was $650, all I had to pay was $50 labor so just one little thing could pay for it plus you are transferring the hull warranty that will be for 10 years for the 2nd owner

thatsmrmastercraft
02-17-2009, 09:50 PM
Just like any insurance , its a guessing game if you will ever use it, I had it transferred on mine and paid the $450, I had a glove box latch that was broken and they had to replace the whole glove box unit and it was $650, all I had to pay was $50 labor so just one little thing could pay for it plus you are transferring the hull warranty that will be for 10 years for the 2nd owner

Great point magnum - well worth the price with the hull warranty included. At least it would be to me.