PDA

View Full Version : X-1 vs 209

hokiecharlie
02-16-2009, 04:10 PM
I have a potential buyer for my 209 (so I can get a 214). Buyer is trying to decide between my 209 and an X-1. My sense is that the parents prefer slalom and kids like wakeboarding. I don't think the kids are doing big tricks or anything. I'm including a fatsac that we used for boarding. I'm trying to convince him that in general the wakeboarders can be happier behind a 209 than skiers will be behind an X-1, but I hear X-1 is not too bad for skiing. Without any more specifics, what are your thoughts that I can use to help push him my way?

JohnE
02-16-2009, 04:47 PM
I have a potential buyer for my 209 (so I can get a 214). Buyer is trying to decide between my 209 and an X-1. My sense is that the parents prefer slalom and kids like wakeboarding. I don't think the kids are doing big tricks or anything. I'm including a fatsac that we used for boarding. I'm trying to convince him that in general the wakeboarders can be happier behind a 209 than skiers will be behind an X-1, but I hear X-1 is not too bad for skiing. Without any more specifics, what are your thoughts that I can use to help push him my way?

Tell him the X1 is the best all around hull ever made for watersports............oops.:o

JK. Be honest with them. That the 209 would be better for skiing and the X1 better for boarding. You might add that the 209 is better for boarding when loaded than the X1 is for slalom.

swatguy
02-16-2009, 04:50 PM
In my opionion going to be a hard sell on the 209 vs. X1 unless the parents are die hard skiers who run a course regularly still.

The 2 top things you have with the 209 are ski wake and the handlling/tracking. That thing will track better and be more responsive than the X1. Aside from that I don't want to sound like a buzz kill, but the X1 excels as a multipurpose boat for a recreational family. Storage and seating being #1 especially when fat sacs are involved........and hen me being a parent of 2 little princesses those areas fill fast with bags and towels evn on my early model X-Star/X1. Wish you well tho in this market.