PDA

View Full Version : cockpit table

jdl xstar
02-16-2009, 01:00 PM
Anyone have something like this? Where can i get it? Saw this on a boat for sale on ebay. I was thinking I'd have to stick it into the floor but would prefer it like this. thanks

thatsmrmastercraft
02-16-2009, 01:24 PM
Wow, that is really slick. And the main reason I never added a table to previous boats.

jdl xstar
02-16-2009, 01:29 PM
I agree. This way you dont have to mess with carving up the carpet. My only concern would be if someone stumbled on it and put to much weight on the table and the fiberglass would get stressed and break. But i still want it!

thatsmrmastercraft
02-16-2009, 01:36 PM
Just need to add some reinforcement behind the fiberglass.

scott023
02-16-2009, 01:44 PM
I agree... very slick. What would you use to strengthen it?

Witness140
02-16-2009, 01:48 PM
That is stock factory install for the table. I looked at several in X2's before deciding against it. From what I've been told, you can simply install the base plate that the unit threads into. The reinforcement is already there. Table then stores in the port rear locker.

Although initially interested in the table, I ruled it out after seeing it. The table is small, it's awkwardly shaped, sits at an awkward height too. Doubt it would get any real use from the kids due to height. Doubt it would get any real use from the adults due to size. It was more of a support for 4 more cupholders than anything else.

thatsmrmastercraft
02-16-2009, 01:51 PM
How about some aluminum 1/4" c-channel. Is there direct access with the seat top removed, or would you have to go through the hole cut in the bulkhead?

Witness140
02-16-2009, 02:59 PM
Or he could just buy the table kit from a dealer. JD has a late model X2. The reinforcement plate is already there. Should be really simple to install.

jdl xstar
02-16-2009, 03:52 PM
Will call my dealer to get a price but anytime I think the word dealer, I think $$ and mark-up!

Witness140
02-16-2009, 04:34 PM
Or maybe someone here has the table and really doesnt want or use it. As a matter of fact, the folks I canvassed when considering it - never even touched the thing except for the first week they used the boat. Maybe start a new thread looking for one used? Then you can just get the base from the dealer. MCOC would probably be reasonable.

TX.X-30 fan
02-16-2009, 04:38 PM
Seems it would just get in the way and when not in use take up all the storage in the one locker. Good luck. Hey the x35 has a table on the fridge might as well trade and get a fridge too??

Witness140
02-16-2009, 04:46 PM
Seems it would just get in the way and when not in use take up all the storage in the one locker. Good luck. Hey the x35 has a table on the fridge might as well trade and get a fridge too??

And get 25K cash back......

Sodar
02-16-2009, 04:47 PM
And get 25K cash back......

Maybe .

Justjoe
02-16-2009, 04:54 PM
I've got one on my X2. It is pretty small, but it's not like your having a buffet on it. The X2 has a BUNCH of cup holders to begin with. For me, this is the table that I can sit my computer on while I'm snaking wifi from somebody on the lake as I do administrative work while floating on the boat. This is where my kids can draw pictures while I soak up the sun. This is the piece of plastic that after having alot to drink we can make bets on who can ski on it.

It breaks apart and snaps into the side of the port side locker. Takes up almost no space. In the same hole I have the shower, the binding blaster, all the ropes, a few life jackets, a 69 El Camino, the collective works of William Shakespear...

If you can use a table, this one works pretty good. This is a ski boat (or wake boat, or whatever). Want something you could put more stuff on?? For a grand you could probably find a beater pontoon that would house a picnic table. Tow it out onto the lake, and your in business!

06' X-2 R8R H8R
02-16-2009, 05:03 PM
I have one as well, its nice to make all the sandwiches on the lunch break and just to have a table. I really enjoy mine. The storage of it is real easy as well and hardly no space is used up.

ttu
02-16-2009, 05:09 PM
how much is the table?

rzafire
02-16-2009, 05:13 PM
I have one of these in my X45. It is well placed, supported perfectly with the mount, no extra bracing is needed. It is easy to put in place and take down, and is built with MC quality. I only use in between sets or floating with the family for snacks. If I remember right it was only a couple hundred new. I don't know about aftermarket price. I would have the dealer do this one for quality purposes.

Witness140
02-16-2009, 07:01 PM
Man, where was everyone 5 months ago when I asked about the table? Back then, everyone hated it. :)

TX.X-30 fan
02-16-2009, 07:03 PM
I think a stripper pole would be a better option.

thatsmrmastercraft
02-16-2009, 07:45 PM

I think both Skylon and Big Air make suitable poles.

thatsmrmastercraft
02-16-2009, 07:53 PM
I think both Skylon and Big Air make suitable poles.

Had to borrow a pic from rfreeman - hope you don't mind. don't want to try to make a point without pictures.

jdl xstar
02-16-2009, 08:13 PM
Or maybe someone here has the table and really doesnt want or use it. As a matter of fact, the folks I canvassed when considering it - never even touched the thing except for the first week they used the boat. Maybe start a new thread looking for one used? Then you can just get the base from the dealer. MCOC would probably be reasonable.

Good suggestion.

If anyone out there is interested in selling their table that looks like the pic at the beginning of this thread, pm me and maybe we can work sometin out... thanks.

TX.X-30 fan
02-16-2009, 08:40 PM
Had to borrow a pic from rfreeman - hope you don't mind. don't want to try to make a point without pictures.

That would do fine. Thanks. :D

Wake2wake
02-16-2009, 11:12 PM

heck Ive seen a tower used for that purpose. granted I have the old zero flex tower that came on my 2000 x star which I think would be better than all the new tower styles for this use. but there isn't any spinning or anything on it either.

wish i could post a pic of it for you but i think that might get me in a bit of trouble!! :D:D

scramison
02-17-2009, 03:04 AM
Man, where was everyone 5 months ago when I asked about the table? Back then, everyone hated it. :)

Nah, dont mind those smug people they are just defending their bad decision making skills. 8p

Witness140
02-17-2009, 09:46 AM
As far as pricing goes, as an option with a new boat, the dealer's discounted price was $500 to add it to boat.

peels
02-17-2009, 09:34 PM
Have one in my '07 X2 only because it came with it. The mount is on the starboard side back seat beside the heater vents. To be honest I carried it around for two seasons and never took it out of the rear port side locker. So last year it came out along with the storage mounts and now lives under the stairs in my garage.

jdl xstar
02-17-2009, 09:43 PM
Peels.. check your pm