PDA

View Full Version : adding a seat behind drivers seat....

jixxxer
02-15-2009, 06:31 PM
Noticing that the area behind the drivers seat is pretty much useless since u cant walk thur that way; how about a jumpseat time seat or something like that to add more seating. Anyone done that? Pics?

TMCNo1
02-15-2009, 07:12 PM
Noticing that the area behind the drivers seat is pretty much useless since u cant walk thur that way; how about a jumpseat time seat or something like that to add more seating. Anyone done that? Pics?

Monte added one to his TriStar and IIRC, he has pictures.

coz
02-15-2009, 07:41 PM
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm258/cozaz/seat002.jpg
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm258/cozaz/lake8-9002.jpg
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm258/cozaz/Lake7-12034.jpg

agua4fun
02-15-2009, 08:43 PM
I also like the idea. Only problem i see would be short line skiing from the pylon (all though the seat above could be trouble at longer lengths as well) Id be interested what the owners of the boat above thought, or if they only used the tower.

coz
02-15-2009, 08:49 PM
I also like the idea. Only problem i see would be short line skiing from the pylon (all though the seat above could be trouble at longer lengths as well) Id be interested what the owners of the boat above thought, or if they only used the tower.

This may upset some of you out there but I've never had a rope on my pylon :o first had a fly high pylon and now a tower so no probs here :D

jixxxer
02-15-2009, 09:02 PM
hey coz; where'd u get the seat and how much $$???
Thanks for the pics.

coz
02-15-2009, 09:11 PM
hey coz; where'd u get the seat and how much $$???
Thanks for the pics.

59 bucks at bass pro/outdoor world then I made a base to match the same height as the rear seat. It came with 4 stainless screws in pre-threaded areas.

jixxxer
02-16-2009, 06:38 AM
Coz one more question; Im would assume u put a ballast bag in the rear for wakeboarding, if so how big/weight is it? I was just thinking, I have a fat seat and it would prolly interfere with a jump seat. I may have to take that out and put in a straight bag in the rear instead.

Oh and what did u make the base out of?

coz
02-16-2009, 07:54 AM
Coz one more question; Im would assume u put a ballast bag in the rear for wakeboarding, if so how big/weight is it? I was just thinking, I have a fat seat and it would prolly interfere with a jump seat. I may have to take that out and put in a straight bag in the rear instead.

Oh and what did u make the base out of?

I dont have any built in ballast so we use these, I have 2 150lb and 2 of the 85lb blocks, there easy to move around if you need to.

http://www.froggy.se/bilder/launch_pad_150.jpg

I just made it out of #2 pine then put a very heavy finish of white epoxy paint, I should have done it out of teak then #1 would have been proud of me :confused:

agua4fun
02-16-2009, 08:12 AM
Yep, Doesnt really bother me if you dont use the pylon, everyone uses MCs differently right?, it looks like if i use your idea with a seat that flips down, it would work well. Thanks!

TMCNo1
02-16-2009, 08:44 AM
Consider the "Porta Ballast Pottie" jumpseat! The longer the day, the better the wake!

coz
02-16-2009, 08:58 AM
Consider the "Porta Ballast Pottie" jumpseat! The longer the day, the better the wake!

Hoy crap! :eek: I just spit my coffee on my laptop :mad: that's a good one there #1 :D works for me :headbang:

TMCNo1
02-16-2009, 09:06 AM
Hoy crap! :eek: I just spit my coffee on my laptop that's a good one there #1 works for me :headbang:

I have my moments, just not very often anymore!:rolleyes::D

Gonzo
02-16-2009, 09:08 AM

can you imagine trying to crap on that thing going down a recreational lake on a saturday in a 190? Ewwwwww......

coz
02-16-2009, 09:27 AM
can you imagine trying to crap on that thing going down a recreational lake on a saturday in a 190? Ewwwwww......

The self cleaners should be a hit for the 190's I'm sure :rolleyes:

http://www.poopreport.com/Images/Consumer/Content/Bidet/Images/colon_bidet.jpg

georgea0731
02-16-2009, 10:03 AM
I got one at West Marine on sale a few years ago. It's the cheap style with a small box under it. I'm sorry I couldn't find any pictures and the boat is at the lake. I only put it in there when needed and its light weight so you can remove it anytime. We're not short line skiers so I can say anything about it getting in the way. However if you need to, you could lay it down while those one or two skiers knock out a few sets. Years ago, I wanted to buy a jump seat, but I could only find one by Correct Craft or Malibu and they wanted $400+. Texas East built one and I was going to copy it and ended up with this one. I think he still has the diagrams?
Good luck

jixxxer
02-16-2009, 10:12 AM
thanks for putting the thread back on track georgea0731. Anyone build a bench type seat in that area like the 214 has?

Gonzo
02-16-2009, 02:24 PM
thanks for putting the thread back on track georgea0731. Anyone build a bench type seat in that area like the 214 has?

I asked about that last year, and couldnt find anyone who has done that for a 190. I still think it would be a good idea as long as you could lift up a section to get to the cooler.

barefoot
02-16-2009, 03:13 PM
Noticing that the area behind the drivers seat is pretty much useless....

Wash your mouth out with soap, young man! There is only one thing that is suppose to fit there. In fact, it's made precisely for this :D

coz
02-16-2009, 03:22 PM
I got one at West Marine on sale a few years ago. It's the cheap style with a small box under it. I'm sorry I couldn't find any pictures and the boat is at the lake. I only put it in there when needed and its light weight so you can remove it anytime. We're not short line skiers so I can say anything about it getting in the way. However if you need to, you could lay it down while those one or two skiers knock out a few sets. Years ago, I wanted to buy a jump seat, but I could only find one by Correct Craft or Malibu and they wanted $400+. Texas East built one and I was going to copy it and ended up with this one. I think he still has the diagrams?
Good luck

That's what I was looking for but I couldn't find one that didn't obstruct the motor box, I didn't want to have to move the seat to lift the box.

Gonzo
02-16-2009, 03:41 PM
I asked about that last year, and couldnt find anyone who has done that for a 190. I still think it would be a good idea as long as you could lift up a section to get to the cooler.

Wash your mouth out with soap, young man! There is only one thing that is suppose to fit there. In fact, it's made precisely for this :D

ewww.... built in cooler with a drain plug going straight into the bilge so you dont have to pull the cooler out to drain it.... hmmmm.....

LittleFuss
03-28-2012, 09:04 AM
ewww.... built in cooler with a drain plug going straight into the bilge so you dont have to pull the cooler out to drain it.... hmmmm.....

awesome idea...been thinking of a jumpseat for my 190 also...

2RLAKE
03-28-2012, 09:25 AM

i have a great seat behind the driver's seat in my X14 ... my kids favorite seat!

epnault
03-28-2012, 10:06 AM
Guys,
I made a quick attach bracket to turn my MC 209 jump seat (in the aisle) into a seat behind the driver. I pick up my boat over Easter and hopefully I will remember to take a pic of it for you. What I did was mock up some stainless plate to mimmick the support of the observer seat and made the bracket removable so I can put it back and forth.

JohnnyB
03-28-2012, 11:38 AM
Where do you pile all your ski gear if you fill that space with a seat?? :confused:

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

SilviaMan
04-24-2012, 04:40 PM
Since the S&S doesn't have any storage anywhere, I've got an 18 gallon rubbermaid tote with vests and rope in it and a little cooler that goes behind the driver seat.
I have to admit that I have thought about a seat there though.

imjusthereforthefood
04-24-2012, 04:49 PM
i thought about this for my 87 ps 190 but with less than 12" between the sides and engine cover i never could find a seat that would fit in there.

so i just bought the wood today and am putting a storage box there tonight;)

curtish
04-25-2012, 01:02 AM
Guys,
I made a quick attach bracket to turn my MC 209 jump seat (in the aisle) into a seat behind the driver. I pick up my boat over Easter and hopefully I will remember to take a pic of it for you. What I did was mock up some stainless plate to mimmick the support of the observer seat and made the bracket removable so I can put it back and forth.

Interesting idea. Would love to see the pictures. :popcorn:

michiganTristar
05-08-2012, 02:01 PM
i thought about this for my 87 ps 190 but with less than 12" between the sides and engine cover i never could find a seat that would fit in there.

so i just bought the wood today and am putting a storage box there tonight;)
Im looking to do the exact same thing. Carpet it, put an angle piece toward the back of the drivers seat to act as a backrest and put cushions on top so its another place for people to sit or lay. If you have any pictures of the work can you please post?

imjusthereforthefood
05-08-2012, 05:58 PM
Im looking to do the exact same thing. Carpet it, put an angle piece toward the back of the drivers seat to act as a backrest and put cushions on top so its another place for people to sit or lay. If you have any pictures of the work can you please post?

will do, still a WIP. been real busy with work lately=/