PDA

View Full Version : ZeroOff rebate??

mckevin
02-15-2009, 09:21 AM
My paperwork for the rebate went in on Dec. 22. I was wondering how long people have been waiting on a check? The $3000 would be nice for some new boat toys! Anybody else checking the mailbox everyday?

André
02-15-2009, 09:25 AM
My paperwork for the rebate went in on Dec. 22. I was wondering how long people have been waiting on a check? The $3000 would be nice for some new boat toys! Anybody else checking the mailbox everyday?

Just to be clear ...
You bought Zero Off speed control with a new Prostar and you got a mail in rebate of 3K ???

mckevin
02-15-2009, 09:39 AM
Yes, mail in rebate through ZeroOff. Advertised on MC website a few months back.

TMCNo1
02-15-2009, 10:15 AM
IIRC, it was also part of the Fan Fare program too. Check with JohnE!

André
02-15-2009, 03:06 PM
IIRC, it was also part of the Fan Fare program too. Check with JohnE!

...and JohnE knows about rebateS!!!:D;)

JohnE
02-15-2009, 07:34 PM
...and JohnE knows about rebateS!!!:D;)

JohnE's got nothing yet from his ZO rebate either!!!!:mad:

Original paperwork said that checks would take 30 days. I sent my form in certified mail and it was postmarked December and signed for at MC on 1/2.

TX.X-30 fan
02-15-2009, 07:38 PM
JohnE's got nothing yet from his ZO rebate either!!!!:mad:

Original paperwork said that checks would take 30 days. I sent my form in certified mail and it was postmarked December and signed for at MC on 1/2.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOps. :D:D

Did you include a certified copy of your original birth cetificate??

scott023
02-16-2009, 10:42 AM
Don't like that sounds of that... you would think that in these economic times the MC would want to keep customers happy... either by getting the rebates to the customer of not offering the programs that seem to cause a lot of headaches...

TTAdmin
02-16-2009, 12:56 PM
Hey Guys-

We take this seriously. We are currently investigating the Zero Off rebate check administration.

We'll report back soon.

east tx skier
02-16-2009, 01:26 PM
Go get 'em!

Witness140
02-16-2009, 01:51 PM
It's Zero Off!! One of the worst organizations to deal with on a customer service level in history.

Despite that, I'll have it in my new boat. LOL.

JohnE
02-16-2009, 01:59 PM
Hey Guys-

We take this seriously. We are currently investigating the Zero Off rebate check administration.

We'll report back soon.

Thank you Phil!

It's Zero Off!! One of the worst organizations to deal with on a customer service level in history.

Despite that, I'll have it in my new boat. LOL.

Fortunately the rebate is through Mastercraft for purchasing a 190/ 197/ 214 (or the x version) that is equipped with ZO. Rebate is not through ZO otherwise I'd have been really concerned.

Witness140
02-16-2009, 02:56 PM
Phew, thats good news. So ..... wheres the money then? :)

Sodar
02-16-2009, 02:59 PM
Cash Rewards is using it to pay out to a few this month. :D :D

Witness140
02-16-2009, 03:23 PM
Sweet! I heard that program works!

JohnE
02-16-2009, 04:49 PM
Cash Rewards is using it to pay out to a few this month. :D :D

And I thought the rebate money was being taken from Cash Rewards that were denied.:D

Sodar
02-16-2009, 04:53 PM
And I thought the rebate money was being taken from Cash Rewards that were denied.:D

It's also being taken from the hobo on the street corner... it's ugly.

TX.X-30 fan
02-16-2009, 05:20 PM
I've got my eye on you two.

mckevin
02-16-2009, 08:01 PM
Wow! Thanks to TTAdmin for looking into this!

Chicago190
02-16-2009, 08:38 PM
Alright, I'll preface my statements by saying I love Mastercrafts, support my local dealership/proshop, and will only own Mastercrafts for life. I am glad that Mastercraft is standing behind their programs and doing their best to get customers the money that was promised. Also, I am young and don't have the money to buy a new boat. So I have no experience with any of the rebate programs MC is offering.

But seriously, didn't anyone in the marketing/corporate/whatever department have a mother that said money doesn't grow on trees? I'm sure it looks great to the customer when you say that somehow thousands of dollars will just be given to them, but this is the 2nd time in the last ~12 months that Mastercraft has been associated with a rebate program that is questionable at best.

I don't know the first thing about boat sales, and I know recent numbers indicate that Mastercraft is doing better than the other major towboat companies in sales (I think CC/Malibu/Tige/etc. are down ~30% while MC is at 17ish%). Despite this, I hate to say it, but maybe there is a reason why Mastercraft went from being tied for 1st to 2nd place in the JD Power & Associates Customer Satisfaction Survey.

TX.X-30 fan
02-16-2009, 08:43 PM
I just use a set of needle nose pliers get a good grip give it a little twist and seems to slide out just fine. I hope that helps.

JohnE
02-16-2009, 08:55 PM
I just use a set of needle nose pliers get a good grip give it a little twist and seems to slide out just fine. I hope that helps.

Right answer, wrong question. We were talking teak oil, iirc.

JohnE
02-16-2009, 08:59 PM
Alright, I'll preface my statements by saying I love Mastercrafts, support my local dealership/proshop, and will only own Mastercrafts for life. I am glad that Mastercraft is standing behind their programs and doing their best to get customers the money that was promised. Also, I am young and don't have the money to buy a new boat. So I have no experience with any of the rebate programs MC is offering.

But seriously, didn't anyone in the marketing/corporate/whatever department have a mother that said money doesn't grow on trees? I'm sure it looks great to the customer when you say that somehow thousands of dollars will just be given to them, but this is the 2nd time in the last ~12 months that Mastercraft has been associated with a rebate program that is questionable at best.

In all fairness, there is nothing questionable about this rebate program........yet. In fact TTAdmin has gone out of his way to offer to check on it for us. Granted, the checks seem a little later than expected.

And if you keep up this negativity you'll be off my 2011 cash reward party list.:D:D JK.

TX.X-30 fan
02-16-2009, 09:04 PM
Right answer, wrong question. We were talking teak oil, iirc.

I know this is just wrong but I like the golden oil.

I fully expect to be on that party list. ;)

JohnE
02-16-2009, 09:06 PM
I know this is just wrong but I like the golden oil.

I fully expect to be on that party list. ;)

You WILL be the guest of honor.:D I'll pick up you and the funny man at the airport.;)

Chicago190
02-16-2009, 09:06 PM
In all fairness, there is nothing questionable about this rebate program........yet. In fact TTAdmin has gone out of his way to offer to check on it for us. Granted, the checks seem a little later than expected.

And if you keep up this negativity you'll be off my 2011 cash reward party list.:D:D JK.

Now that you bring it up, what is the $3000 rebate for? Isn't ZO a fairly low-price upgrade?

JohnE
02-16-2009, 09:19 PM
Now that you bring it up, what is the $3000 rebate for? Isn't ZO a fairly low-price upgrade?

I have no idea why it was offered. It only costs about $2500 as an option. And it is standard (WB version) on the X series. Like any rebate it is designed to move the product I guess.

That rebate was the deal maker for me on the new X14. I wouldn't have done the deal if not for that.

TX.X-30 fan
02-16-2009, 09:23 PM
Is zero off better than perfect pass. I love my PP wake pro. Are most folks that good they feel a difference??

JohnE
02-16-2009, 10:42 PM
Is zero off better than perfect pass. I love my PP wake pro. Are most folks that good they feel a difference??

Consensus is IMO that PP is/ was better. ZO is all that is available now for new boats. Problem with my '08 is that it came w/ PP WB pro. Couldn't be upgraded to either digital pro or SG. So for slalom last year it was basically calibrated to an rpm setting. Actually it was dead on from the factory. I repeatedly checked times for 30-36 mph. I'd have upgraded to a stand alone ZO or SG system if I had kept it.

mclovin
02-17-2009, 12:07 AM

just got zero off on mine in jan. not that good @ anything:o i can tell quite abit of differance in the consistancy of the pull, no mater what water conditions,currents,left,right ect. its dead on:headbang:

east tx skier
02-17-2009, 11:53 AM
Consensus is IMO that PP is/ was better. ZO is all that is available now for new boats. Problem with my '08 is that it came w/ PP WB pro. Couldn't be upgraded to either digital pro or SG. So for slalom last year it was basically calibrated to an rpm setting. Actually it was dead on from the factory. I repeatedly checked times for 30-36 mph. I'd have upgraded to a stand alone ZO or SG system if I had kept it.

Why couldn't you upgrade from WB Pro to SG on your 08?

Just got the SG update late last week. Will plug it in and run the update in the next day or so. Won't get a pull for another month or so though.

JohnE
02-17-2009, 12:03 PM
Why couldn't you upgrade from WB Pro to SG on your 08?

Just got the SG update late last week. Will plug it in and run the update in the next day or so. Won't get a pull for another month or so though.

Wouldn't integrate with the Vdig. Really bummed me out. If I realized that ahead of time I'd have gone 214 instead of X14 since the 214 wouldn't have had the vdig.

Of course now that the '09 has ZO 3 event, it's not an issue. And I didn't realize there were 2 versions of ZO until Witness140 made me aware of it. The X14 comes standard with ZO WB, but I upgraded to 3 event. Different head unit and 2nd antenna. Fortunately Mike let me do that for the same cost as if I had ordered it that way.

JohnE
02-18-2009, 09:43 AM
Bump.......

Witness140
02-18-2009, 10:54 AM
In 2 years, John will get his first Cash rewards check and buy a lot on a private ski lake. With his new zero off 3 event, one cash rewards in his pocket, and another cash rewards pending, there will be no stopping him.

John E will be the new Andy Mapple.

I heard MTV is going to do a reality tv show based on his quest.

SaltwaterMC
02-18-2009, 11:13 AM
Zero Off offers a MUCH better pull in my opinion. I have owned two X-Stars, one with PP Wakeboard Pro and one with Zero Off. To me there is no comparison. ZO holds speed super tight and is very responsive. Add an additional 3,000 lbs. of ballast and you don't have to change all your settings to get a decent pull as you do with PP. No more surging, overshooting and not settling down to speed. Just turn it on and go. As far as ZO coming standard in '09 X-Series boats, well I don't think that is the case. E-Controllers are in the '09s, so they are ready for ZO but ZO is still an option that MC charges for.

Witness140
02-18-2009, 11:18 AM
John meant that if you order the Zero-Off option in 2009, it will be the Wakeboard version. Meaning, there is no published option for the full 3 event version.

I special ordered mine with the 3 event version as well, since it is far more capable and has the wakeboard version built in. Much more capability for a small increase in price. ZO Wakeboard is a pretty limited piece of equipment for the money.

My background with ZO is purely as a bouy chaser during last year's tournament season. The ZO vs PP topic is still raging like Coke vs Pepsi. I'm glad to hear for riding it offers a good pull. Ask a bunch of bouy heads about ZO's pull if you have a spare day or two to listen. :)

JohnE
02-18-2009, 12:44 PM
Zero Off offers a MUCH better pull in my opinion. I have owned two X-Stars, one with PP Wakeboard Pro and one with Zero Off. To me there is no comparison. ZO holds speed super tight and is very responsive. Add an additional 3,000 lbs. of ballast and you don't have to change all your settings to get a decent pull as you do with PP. No more surging, overshooting and not settling down to speed. Just turn it on and go. As far as ZO coming standard in '09 X-Series boats, well I don't think that is the case. E-Controllers are in the '09s, so they are ready for ZO but ZO is still an option that MC charges for.

John meant that if you order the Zero-Off option in 2009, it will be the Wakeboard version. Meaning, there is no published option for the full 3 event version.

I special ordered mine with the 3 event version as well, since it is far more capable and has the wakeboard version built in. Much more capability for a small increase in price. ZO Wakeboard is a pretty limited piece of equipment for the money.

My background with ZO is purely as a bouy chaser during last year's tournament season. The ZO vs PP topic is still raging like Coke vs Pepsi. I'm glad to hear for riding it offers a good pull. Ask a bunch of bouy heads about ZO's pull if you have a spare day or two to listen. :)

That is exactly what I meant. I didn't know about the 2 different versions (3 event and WB) until Witness told me. Glad he did, or else I'd have had to settle for the WB or go through a lot of aggravation and expense to upgrade.

JohnE
02-23-2009, 09:27 AM
Bump again........

Unless MC is closed like I read on the internet.

Witness140
02-23-2009, 09:44 AM
But John, is Cash Rewards still open?

JohnE
02-23-2009, 09:59 AM
But John, is Cash Rewards still open?

They've cut down to 4 days a week. They are now closed on check writing Friday.:D

Witness140
02-23-2009, 10:31 AM
Let me look at something......uh oh. I closed on Friday, Feb 20. 3 yrs from that date, is a Friday. So much for that!

JohnE
02-23-2009, 10:48 AM
Let me look at something......uh oh. I closed on Friday, Feb 20. 3 yrs from that date, is a Friday. So much for that!

On a serious note, you do realize that you would send in your paperwork between March 1 - 7, 2012 right?

Witness140
02-23-2009, 11:55 AM
I should just hire you to be my cash rewards agent. You could start a consulting firm! LOL

TX.X-30 fan
02-23-2009, 11:59 AM
I would opt for a carrier pigeon they are very reliable. :confused:

TX.X-30 fan
02-23-2009, 12:00 PM
On a serious note, you do realize that you would send in your paperwork between March 1 - 7, 2012 right?

Boat pic's????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????

scott023
02-23-2009, 12:06 PM
I would opt for a carrier pigeon they are very reliable. :confused:

They have to be more reliable than Canada Post... LOL:D

TX.X-30 fan
02-23-2009, 12:09 PM
Is that like USPS??

JohnE
02-23-2009, 12:19 PM
Boat pic's????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????

I lost the cord to connect my camera to computer.:mad::mad: Going to try to buy a new one today.

Sodar
02-23-2009, 12:24 PM
I lost the cord to connect my camera to computer.:mad::mad: Going to try to buy a new one today.

Excuses...

TX.X-30 fan
02-23-2009, 12:35 PM
Excuses...

Are like??? :D

Sodar
02-23-2009, 12:37 PM
Are like??? :D

You.... a$$holes.

TX.X-30 fan
02-23-2009, 12:43 PM
Watch it Rainbow sandals.

Sodar
02-23-2009, 12:48 PM
Watch it Rainbow sandals.

Rainbows get even more comfortable with large amounts of Dry Creek Chardonnay.

JohnE
02-23-2009, 12:50 PM
If you mofos keep jacking this thread I ain't ever gonna get my dough.:D

Sodar
02-23-2009, 12:54 PM
You ain't gunna get it either way. MC closed its doors today... didn't you read?

JohnE
02-23-2009, 01:01 PM
You ain't gunna get it either way. MC closed its doors today... didn't you read?

That's OK as long as they mailed the check last Friday.....

Oh, and someone forgot to unplug the server.

Witness140
02-23-2009, 01:16 PM
Oh, and someone forgot to unplug the server.

Sweet! We can do whatever we want!

Sodar
02-23-2009, 01:17 PM
Sweet! We can do whatever we want!

No. Someone is always watching you.

JohnE
02-23-2009, 01:18 PM
No. Someone is always watching you.

Then who's watching them?

Sodar
02-23-2009, 01:22 PM
Then who's watching them?

Atlfootr .

TMCNo1
02-23-2009, 01:50 PM
Atlfootr .

Oh ship, that's funny!

TX.X-30 fan
02-23-2009, 02:42 PM
If you mofos keep jacking this thread I ain't ever gonna get my dough.:D

USB to Mini?????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????:D

MYMC
02-23-2009, 03:23 PM
I'm checking into this now...hard to believe it but they still answer the phone over there! :rolleyes:

Witness140
02-23-2009, 03:30 PM
Despite someone now trying to make it sound worse than it is over on TWF, John Behling says although production has stopped temporarily, it will re-open when orders are full.

MYMC
02-23-2009, 04:17 PM
All ZO rebate checks were mailed the end of last week.

JohnE
02-23-2009, 04:21 PM
All ZO rebate checks were mailed the end of last week.

Fantastic.:cool:

Witness140
02-23-2009, 05:33 PM
I just got one, but it was addressed to John. I'll send it to you for 1500.

JohnE
02-23-2009, 05:42 PM
I just got one, but it was addressed to John. I'll send it to you for 1500.

Will you include cash rewards?:D

mckevin
02-24-2009, 10:12 PM
Ok, guys I may be the closest to MC.... and my check came today!!!!! Everyone else keep looking.

Witness140
02-24-2009, 10:44 PM
No rebate for me....but look what came in today.........

WESSTAR
02-24-2009, 11:56 PM
Has anyone used Zero off on a free flowing river? ZO does not have a paddlewheel right? Does it know if you are going up or down river? Now I know that the GPS in aircraft can tell the the winds and ground speed just wondering if it is the same for a river.

Witness140
02-25-2009, 12:51 AM
Has anyone used Zero off on a free flowing river? ZO does not have a paddlewheel right? Does it know if you are going up or down river? Now I know that the GPS in aircraft can tell the the winds and ground speed just wondering if it is the same for a river.

This has been on the ZO site for sometime now. As a matter of fact, Revision 101P was released after this update on the site. I tried to find the river current mode in our 08' 197 with 101P. I couldn't find it. I was told by someone that it was only in the Nautique version. I'm not sure if that is true, but I'm just throwing it out there.

Mine has 103P, and I haven't done a lot of scrolling yet to see. Anyways, to answer your question - assuming the version you will get actually corresponds to this, here is what it will do.

"4. A River mode has been added which can be enabled via the MENU/SET submenu. This is intended to address trick/wakeboard concerns about handling river currents. When River Mode is enabled, an estimate of the speed of the current can be entered, and the driver can then add or subtract this speed offset from the baseline speed setpoint (add when riding with the current, subtract while riding against the current) while making his turn with a single push on the SEL button (hold SEL for trick, tap SEL for wakeboard). The intent is to allow the driver a simple single adjustment means of maintaining constant speed over the water with or against currents. This function only operates from the tournament screen where the two additional selectable parameters (river current speed and an UpRiver/DNRiver icon) show up only when this option is enabled."

If your river current is constant at each point on the river, this should work. In my case, the current varies a fair amount from one end to the other, so it is useless. Paddlewheel is the only way to go in this situation. Fortunately, our current isn't always running, and I have PP too for when it is running.

WESSTAR
02-25-2009, 01:05 AM
I go from river and lakes and back to river so I think I will stay with the paddle it works. Thanks for the info I have been wanting it but I think I will go to the next item on the wish list and move the ZO back to the bottom.

JohnE
02-25-2009, 10:46 AM
So what does the paddlewheel do with ZO? There is a paddlewheel on my new boat.

Witness140
02-25-2009, 11:48 AM
Nothing. The paddlewheel drives your MC speedometer.

ckornutiak
02-26-2009, 12:07 AM

Mine went in in October. I talked to my dealer mid December and he fwd'd and email from MC that indicated checks would be cut at the end of Jan. I talked (traded emails) with my dealer again last week and he said he would look into it again. I'm hoping they'll make good on it, that's the dock $$ :)

ck

JohnE
02-26-2009, 01:04 PM
My Check has arrived!:banana::dance::toast:

Witness140
02-26-2009, 01:06 PM
Congrats John. Now buy some GE stock.

JohnE
02-26-2009, 01:12 PM
Congrats John. Now buy some GE stock.

I was planning on spending it on some flying lessons:D

JohnE
02-26-2009, 01:13 PM
And for a slight threadjack, I mailed in my 2nd cash reward registration today. (Yes certified.)

cbryan70
02-26-2009, 01:31 PM
you know there are two types of certified dont you>?

TMCNo1
04-08-2009, 10:00 AM
You WILL be the guest of honor.:D I'll pick up you and the funny man at the airport.;)

Have the "Roast of TX.X-30" while he's there and he can earn the name "Crispy TX"!:rolleyes::D

JohnE
04-08-2009, 10:03 AM
you know there are two types of certified dont you>?

Just caught this thanks to #1 bumping it. There is certified and registered mail through USPS. I did know that and did mail it certified.;)

JohnE
04-08-2009, 10:04 AM
Have the "Roast of TX.X-30" while he's there and he can earn the name "Crispy TX"!:rolleyes::D

I thought that was florida-speak? It doesn't have a bad ring. Whaddya think TX?:D

TMCNo1
04-08-2009, 10:54 AM
I thought that was florida-speak? It doesn't have a bad ring. Whaddya think TX?:D

That's OK, after Don Rickles get thru with him at "the Roast of TX.X-30", Crispy TX will be a changed man!:rolleyes::D