PDA

View Full Version : We are moving!

Footin
02-13-2009, 05:52 PM
My wife and I have want to upgrade to a larger house for a few years and we thought what better time than now to get something bigger.
We decided to test the market and list our house and 13 days later we are now in contract!

Unfortunately we have not found a new house yet, so we are going into an apartment for a few months until we find what we want.

We are closing on our present house on March 6th, it's kinda scarey, but exciting at the same time.

6ballsisall
02-13-2009, 05:54 PM
My wife and I have want to upgrade to a larger house for a few years and we thought what better time than now to get something bigger.
We decided to test the market and list our house and 13 days later we are now in contract!

Unfortunately we have not found a new house yet, so we are going into an apartment for a few months until we find what we want.

We are closing on our present house on March 6th, it's kinda scarey, but exciting at the same time.

Very Cool Mike!!! Congrats!! It's definetely a good time to be buying, you should do well on the purchase.

trickskier
02-13-2009, 05:59 PM
Congratulations!!! :D

TX.X-30 fan
02-13-2009, 06:09 PM

13 days is amazing if you watch the news. :D Did you step back a pinch yourselves.

Very cool now you can find the right one in a buyers market.

Footin
02-13-2009, 06:28 PM
It is a great time to buy, we looked at house that was 500k two years ago and now they are trying to get 350k.

SkiDog
02-13-2009, 06:33 PM
How lucky can you get. Ifin we wuz on DS, I'd be a cussing your lucky a$$!:D Congrats!

Footin
02-13-2009, 06:40 PM
We listed it at a mid range price for the neighborhood and got 96 percent of asking price, I still can't believe it's moving this fast.

We have lived in this house for 12 years and needless to say we have alot of stuff to move.

trickskier
02-13-2009, 06:45 PM
Glad to hear you're staying in Ohio................:D
We don't need anymore yankees in Florida telling us that's not how we did it in Ohio...............8p

KnoxX2
02-13-2009, 10:56 PM
Congrats Mike!

Now you can come to CSM in April!!!

Monte
02-13-2009, 10:57 PM
Congrats on the move Footin!

kycat2007
02-14-2009, 02:55 AM
Congrats Mike that is a great deal good luck finding your new home

Rockman
02-14-2009, 05:09 PM
Mike,

Congrat! Sounds exciting...remember to measure the garage and plan accordingly!;)

thatsmrmastercraft
02-14-2009, 05:15 PM
Mike,

Congrat! Sounds exciting...remember to measure the garage and plan accordingly!;)

Good point Rock, because one should really buy a suitable garage with an attached house.

Footin
02-14-2009, 07:51 PM
Mike,

Width of the boat is 94", most 3rd car garages are 96"....tight squeeze! The depth has to be 23 feet to fit!

TOO-TALL
02-14-2009, 07:55 PM
Congrats....

03 35th Anniversary
02-14-2009, 07:56 PM
Width of the boat is 94", most 3rd car garages are 96"....tight squeeze! The depth has to be 23 feet to fit!

Glad to hear things are working out for you.

Hope you get all this settled by the time MM rolls around again.

Jerseydave
02-15-2009, 10:45 AM

Shouldn't you be more concerned about the size of the BOATHOUSE! :)
Seriously, you are looking for lakefront I hope right? They're not making any more of it you know!

Congrats on the house sale!

Footin
02-21-2009, 02:08 PM
What a nightmare selling a house can be. The closeing date has been moved once and the loan commitment letter from our buyer has been delayed twice, we still do not have the letter that was due to us 10 days ago.

We have found a builders model home we would like to put an offer on but cannot because we don't have the loan commitment on ours, I am ready to scream!

trickskier
02-21-2009, 02:12 PM
What a nightmare selling a house can be. The closeing date has been moved once and the loan commitment letter from our buyer has been delayed twice, we still do not have the letter that was due to us 10 days ago.

We have found a builders model home we would like to put an offer on but cannot because we don't have the loan commitment on ours, I am ready to scream!

Hang in there Mike.................It will all work out!!!

Footin
02-21-2009, 02:20 PM
I hope so, we did find a great home to buy. It is a builders model home and really wants to sell it. He has dropped the price and offered to pay four points on our mortgage making the interest rate 3.9 to 4.125 percent.

The best part is the garage, 22 feet deep and 36 feet wide with crown molding, cable, internet and phone. I could just live in the garage.

trickskier
02-21-2009, 02:25 PM
I hope so, we did find a great home to buy. It is a builders model home and really wants to sell it. He has dropped the price and offered to pay four points on our mortgage making the interest rate 3.9 to 4.125 percent.

The best part is the garage, 22 feet deep and 36 feet wide with crown molding, cable, internet and phone. I could just live in the garage.

I would have to agree!!! :D

Footin
02-21-2009, 04:25 PM
I almost forgot the best part, the garage is now his office, I asked if the third car stall of the garage would accomadate a 96 inch door and he said yes.

So if I install a swing tongue the boat will fit.

Footin
04-03-2009, 08:38 PM
Closing on my house on Monday, close on the new house on the 23rd.

I can't take much more "house pressures"

BriEOD
04-03-2009, 09:21 PM
Good luck!:cool:

D3skier
04-03-2009, 11:02 PM
wish you the best and everything goes as planned this go around make sure you post pics of the new house soon

JohnE
04-06-2009, 09:06 AM

I missed this thread first time around. Congrats on the purchase. And of course we need pics!

KnoxX2
04-06-2009, 11:11 AM

Good you can make it to CSM then!!!!!:D

Footin
04-08-2009, 08:40 PM
Finally closed on the my current house on Monday, should close on the new one on the 23rd.

I can't wait till this is all over and we are moved in. On a good note we locked the new interest rate at the lowest in years!

trickskier
04-09-2009, 08:07 AM
Finally closed on the my current house on Monday, should close on the new one on the 23rd.

I can't wait till this is all over and we are moved in. On a good note we locked the new interest rate at the lowest in years!

Congratulations to you and your family Mike!!! Enjoy your new home!!! :D

Footin
04-27-2009, 10:10 PM
Move is complete, we still have a bunch of stuff to unpack, but we are in the new house.

It took three days and I am very sore but happy to be somewhat settled.

Monte
04-27-2009, 10:39 PM
Move is complete, we still have a bunch of stuff to unpack, but we are in the new house.

Congrats!! Now! Make sure you put a neon coat hanger in your barefoot suit;):D

Footin
04-27-2009, 10:44 PM
Congrats!! Now! Make sure you put a neon coat hanger in your barefoot suit;):D

Ahhhhhh, no! hehehehe.

Knox's_Better_half
04-27-2009, 11:45 PM

Congrats on the move!! Glad to hear that everything went relatively smooth for you guys.

No better way to relax after a move than to hang out with friends on the lake at CSM!!! :D:D

6ballsisall
04-28-2009, 01:05 AM

Nice!!! Congrats Mike!! So where are the garage pics??? This is mission critical bro!

trickskier
04-28-2009, 07:33 AM

Good................Now get a "Kitchen Pass" and come to CSM...............:D

Mag_Red
04-28-2009, 07:50 AM
Been a while since I was here.................Congrats on the new home Mike!!!! So where are the pics?????????????

Double D
05-26-2009, 04:59 PM
Thats Great! In a related story I also got great news today related to the housing market. Weeks ago I signed up to get a second HELOC (Home Equity Line of Credit) so I could build another garage attached to my house to correctly house my MC. This would give me five (5) stalls. The first drive by appraisal came back at $160,000, which is $20,000 less than what it appraised at in 2001 and also $20,000 less than what I needed for my dream garage. So I questioned everything on the appraisal and found many errors. I convinced the bank to accept another appraisal of their choice and they'll do a walk through and I will pay for it. That took place on Friday morning so I have been dreading the outcome all weekend + a day! I got the call this morning and guess what? It appraised at a whopping $216,000, which is awesmome in this market, and lets me start building that garage!! YEAH BABAY!!:D
Good luck with your new house! O.H.I.O!!

JohnnyB
05-26-2009, 09:18 PM
How 'bout some pics of the new house!!!!

atlfootr
05-28-2009, 06:23 PM