PDA

View Full Version : Amp and Sub Upgrades for 08 X-2

jgarner
02-13-2009, 05:22 PM
In our 08 X-2 we have the 4 channel JL amp, two channels are driving the two tower speakers adn the 3 & 4th channels are bridged to drive the JL sub. The factory radio is driving the interior speakers. The reason we have this set up is because the boat did not come from the factory with the sub/amp or tower speakers. This was all added at the dealership. I think the sound is OK, but could be better. I am thinking of getting the JL 6 channel amp, the mono sub amp and selling the four channel amp. I think this would give a much cleaner sound to all the speakers. What do you guys think of that option?

My other concern is the sub. I am not sure if I am content with the sound from the infinite air type subs. I have thought about using the sub that is designed for an enclosure to get better sound from the sub. I would have it in the stock location behind the driver's chair, but with the box pushed up to the factory speaker grill. If I do this would you guys stick with the JL or consider and non-marine unit?

Big Dogg
02-14-2009, 03:14 AM
Depending on which JL amp you have, usage, and price. I may be interested in taking it off your hands. Im updating my system in my boat, and shopping for JL equipment. Can you give me some information

Thanks