PDA

View Full Version : Hydraulic hatch to manual conversion

swatguy
02-11-2009, 05:51 PM
I have a 2000 X-Star with the hydraulic hatch. I am going to be ugrading my rear bags from the 450's to the 750's and need that extra room on the passenger side. I am afraid the 750's will put to much stress on the hydro arm and snap that puppy. A;so that arm takes up some space in there to prevent the sac from filling. WAs wondering if anyone has taken that out and gone with a manual solution? IE 2 gas shocks on each side and a latch in the middle by the ski pylon to keep it from opening on the highway.

I figure it would be possible but am not for sure on this. Any info part#'s would be great

Thanks in advance

corey
02-11-2009, 06:47 PM
We run the 750's in my buddies 2000 X-Star and havent had any problems with the hydraulic ram. The bags can get pretty plump and can stretch a little so we havent had any issues with the port side not filling and causing the wake to wash.

I think the 99' X-Stars had the gas shock set up, worst case track one down and see how they installed the shocks. Make sure to check the size and pressure too.

redraider08
08-16-2012, 07:00 PM
I know this is an older thread, but thought i could make a post and bump it to the top. I am looking at puting the gas shocks on my 2000 X-Star, does anyone have any pictures, part numbers, advise? Thanks!

swatguy
08-23-2012, 11:21 PM
I will try and find the post with the part numbers I used for mIne. It's here somewhere. It was done on a maristar 210