PDA

View Full Version : Thieves hit Hurricane Marina in TN again

wpstevenson
02-09-2009, 03:47 PM
Thieves have hit the historic district at Hurricane Marina on Center Hill Lake again in TN. This is the 3rd time multiple boats have been broken into in the last 2 yrs. We have an older ski boat on the dock, but since we don't have amps, tower speakers or even a nice stereo in the boat they have left us alone. Our Aunt and Uncle's 197 have had the amp and tower speaker gone last time, this time their amp, perfect pass and ECU module for the engine was gone. Plus they just cut off the wiring harness to get what they wanted.

Most people I know are moving their boats if they can. Maybe all that will be left for the thieves to take will be the docks.

Jim@BAWS
02-09-2009, 03:53 PM
No cameras, security or anything? WOW...who takes the hit
Dock owner or boat owner. At least get a camera system.
Did they come in by water?

Jim@BAWS

ShamrockIV
02-09-2009, 04:01 PM
prob not jim the historic district is not connected to the main dock and has walkway staright to parking lot.

dang bill they got the complete perfect pass setup?? they musta known what to get.

TX.X-30 fan
02-09-2009, 04:05 PM
Shoot to kill.

ShamrockIV
02-09-2009, 04:06 PM
how many boat or do they not know yet?

Jimmauburn
02-09-2009, 04:08 PM
Bet I would be rigging my boat to shock the whoop whoop out of them if they touched anything they shouldn't !!!! Nothing like a good JOLT of electricity when someone is trying to steal something that doesn't belong to them.

wpstevenson
02-09-2009, 04:10 PM
Jim, In the old days there was an attendant at the dock 24hrs a day. The dock went from 200 slips to 1200 slips. The old docks are not connected and there is no attendant, no gate and no camera's. We trailer my wake board boat and they leave my wife's 190 alone, but it is just sad to see what is happening there. Volfan has been hit again, boat owners are taking the hit. Our Aunt and Uncle will have to move their boat or they won't be able to get insurance with another claim.

wpstevenson
02-09-2009, 04:14 PM
Volfan has an alarm in his boat, I'm sure they tried it, then closed the lid or seat and just took his tower speakers this time. If no one is around what does it matter. Looks like 10 or so boats this time. Maybe we should just put a sign up, free boat parts come on down take what you want.

Just got an email from the owner said this was the first he had heard of thefts at the marina. I'm still laughing.

ShamrockIV
02-09-2009, 04:22 PM
looks like there will be a bunch of available slips.

sucks they worry about money more than the boat owners

JohnE
02-09-2009, 04:26 PM
With 1200 slips, how about everyone just pick one night a year to stand by with shotguns ready. That'll put 3 on duty a night. That, and some nice lighting and everyone'll be safe.

ShamrockIV
02-09-2009, 04:35 PM
more like 600 slips but the security is ridiculous, especially in the old part.

when the new part was built it isolated the old part so it is an easy target.

they stole a flat creen tv off of our demo houseboat last year. broke a window and crawled through.

wpstevenson
02-09-2009, 04:38 PM
I think the 1000 or so new slips have secruity gaurd, some of the time. I think they really want people to leave the historic district, not sure i understand the reasoning, it's still money. We all miss the good old days when there where 200 slips. Everyone new each other and there was someone at the dock 24rs a day that knew everyone. I wonder if the insurance company will try and go after the dock, or if that is possible. Most people will have a hard time keeping their insurance after a 3rd claim.

ShamrockIV
02-09-2009, 04:50 PM
bill it really surprises me even in the summer. there are people that are up there that leave their gear on their boats. boards in racks etc. not much i hate worse than a thief.

wpstevenson
02-10-2009, 08:15 AM
I think it is mainly happening on the historic district. Just got a email from the dock, said they have a security gaurd, he must have been sleeping while the the last 12 boats were getting parts picked off. The email also said they are putting up a gate and camera's. To late for most people, third big insurance claim and most people get cancelled.

wpstevenson
02-14-2009, 09:54 AM
News report on the marina thefts.

http://www.wztv.com/newsroom/top_sto...vid_5184.shtml

VOLFAN
03-17-2009, 03:48 PM
they have security cameras and a gate now. Was too late for us though after being hit two times and them being in my boat once more WE ARE OUT. They got in my boat and took a sub and two amps in May, Thet returned in October and didn't get anything, but go through the glove box. I guess the alarm scared them off that time. At the first of Feb. they hit me again ad got my tower speakers. I have sent a letter letting them know I will not be renewing my lease. I have sadly sold my boat lift to someone on Team Talk and have purchased a tow vehicle to pull my boat back and forth to the lake.

It is a good marina and I hope the changes they have made will prevent the dam thieves from hitting anyone again. The Sheriff's dept. did make four arrest of two adults and two minors at another marina up the road. I the pictures of the two adults here on my desk and burn that image into my brain so that if I ever run across them they will not forget me.

JohnE
03-17-2009, 03:51 PM
Vol, it really sucks that some no good thieves really changed your boating life.

flipper
03-17-2009, 04:00 PM
I hate thieves.....nuff said

wakeX2wake
03-17-2009, 04:07 PM
3 things i hate... a liar, a cheater, and a thief... that really sucks to hear man... hope they are the guys that took your stuff b/c they might be getting a drop of what they deserve... i hate that bad things happen to good folks... i think any and all thieves should be shot on sight...

flipper
03-17-2009, 04:16 PM
3 things i hate... a liar, a cheater, and a thief... that really sucks to hear man... hope they are the guys that took your stuff b/c they might be getting a drop of what they deserve... i hate that bad things happen to good folks... i think any and all thieves should be shot on sight...

Them too....cheaters are just liars with a purpose

wakeX2wake
03-17-2009, 04:48 PM
Them too....cheaters are just liars with a purpose

i'll agree... they're all interchangeable terms in one way or another... either way the scum of the Earth... people who would take for himself what another man has worked for b/c he is too lazy to work for it himself... as God intended... you should not have what you're not willing to work for

beatle78
03-17-2009, 07:49 PM
FYI,

I had by BU vandalized twice. They always came during the week when noone was around.

It was a closed bow and I slept in the bow until they returned...... My brother and I took turns sleeping there.

3 nights of sleeping in the bow and BANG! Got the little turd, I almost drowned him, but I didn't feel like jail time. So I shook him around a bit. ;) Then called the cops.

Win one for team boat owner!!!:woohoo:

If I lived in Tx he would be dead, but I live in the liberal north, where I am guilty of defending my own property.

My point is you should take John's advise and each take a turn sleeping there. Win another one for the good guys!

"don't tase me bro!"

thatsmrmastercraft
03-17-2009, 09:07 PM
Way to go. That must have felt great catching him.