PDA

View Full Version : Three 250's

mcprostar197
05-13-2005, 05:41 PM
I was watching a show on tv the other day and they were hosting it at a waterki tournament for ski clubs. At the end they were talking to a gut who drove a boat (dont know what kind) for one of the teams which had three 250hp engines on the back of it. He said that they have pulled up 44 skiers behind it at one time! I thought it was pretty damn crazy. Unfortunately they didnt show a clip of the boat in action.

peason
05-13-2005, 05:44 PM
Most likely a Hydrodyne - WOW, I would love to see that boat take off, pretty easy to flip over I bet.

mcprostar197
05-13-2005, 06:10 PM
I'll add that the hull looks like any normal outboard competition ski boat.

whitedog
05-13-2005, 10:11 PM
I was watching a show on tv the other day and they were hosting it at a waterki tournament for ski clubs. At the end they were talking to a gut who drove a boat (dont know what kind) for one of the teams which had three 250hp engines on the back of it. He said that they have pulled up 44 skiers behind it at one time! I thought it was pretty damn crazy. Unfortunately they didnt show a clip of the boat in action.

The boat you refer to is a 22 ft Dyna-ski buildt by Tom Miller of St. Joe Indiana. The engines are 3 Mercury optimax 250 Hp two strokes. They were preped by Mercury Racing. The boat is owned by the Rock Aqua Jays of Janesville WI and was driven by the late Ron Wyss. The RAJ Club holds the world record for the most people pulled by a single boat and the largest pyrmid 44 people. The engine and boat rigging were completed by club members of which I had the privilage of being a part of. We are also repowering our other triple rig Dyna-Dyna ski with Mercury Big blocks for this year. If you are in South Central WI from Memorial Day till Labor Day on a Sunday or Wed evening at 7:00 stop in Janesville and see these boats in action. It is something unforgetable to a boat enthusiast.

Several of the other midwest show ski clubs also have triple rigged Dyna-skis. See a local show some time and you may get to see them in action.

whitedog
05-13-2005, 10:13 PM
Most likely a Hydrodyne - WOW, I would love to see that boat take off, pretty easy to flip over I bet.

Takes special talent to drive them. We put over 1000lbs of shot in the front. If a duck sneezes you could swamp them.:(