PDA

View Full Version : New Boat Transport Question?

Witness140
02-08-2009, 05:25 PM
Was wondering if someone could explain how these rigs work? I've seen a few pictures like this, all have one axle with tires removed? Is this how they are towed on the road? Just wondering how these trucks are setup and how the rig works.

My X2 is being delivered on a truck next week, and I think it's coming like this. I got the single axle, but just wondering how this rig is setup.

SchuyHigh
02-08-2009, 05:44 PM
VERY careful!

SkiDog
02-08-2009, 06:33 PM
I dunno, but that X2 looks damn fine!:cool:

TMCNo1
02-08-2009, 06:42 PM
I don't know about what we're seeing, but I've never seen any like that either leaving the factory on the long haul tractor trailers or at the location in Vonore of the guy that tows short haul boats for MC. That's apparently just before they were loaded on a trailer or just after they were unloaded at a dealer.
Those 2 tires cannot carry that much weight.

jaysus
02-08-2009, 07:15 PM
Witness, PM at you.

This is how they usually ship if dealer has a crane. Otherwise the truck is ramp truck with 1 boat loaded on the ramp, the other behind on a ball.

mad-dog1
02-08-2009, 07:21 PM
Well that takes a lot of.......Nerve!! that must be a heck of rack on that ford to carry that much weight....specially when you have that much $$$ riding on top....is good to know how they move these toys...

TMCNo1
02-08-2009, 07:38 PM
Witness, PM at you.

This is how they usually ship if dealer has a crane. Otherwise the truck is ramp truck with 1 boat loaded on the ramp, the other behind on a ball.

This guy hauls for Sea Ray, Bu, Skiers Choice and others too and leaves nothing to chance!

Sodar
02-08-2009, 07:58 PM
When my was shipped from Vonore to Chicago it was put on Ron Belcher's truck with both wheels on.

They then lifted it off with a travel lift.

Then they lifted it back on with a travel lift.

Then they unloaded with a crane at the shipyard in California.

The picture that you are looking at is the way they stack all the boats at the local dealership. Whether it is to save on weight or makes it easier to site, I do not know. I will have to ask them when I am at the boat show.

Witness140
02-08-2009, 08:48 PM
Thanks guys. That explains it! The pic I saw must be of a stack, not of a shipment. They mentioned the name 'Belchers' when they were talking about the shipping. He's the guy bringing it up from Vonore. Two boats, one behind, one on top. I'm just hoping mine is up top so that I really do have a new trailer. I'd prefer to be the first one to tow it or knick the trailer paint or hull bottom.

mccobmd
02-09-2009, 10:58 AM
See, this thread is exactly why I log in every day. I have gone through life blissfuly ignorant of the details. I am becoming blissfully enlightened.

corey
02-09-2009, 06:23 PM
Hey Sodar, we have your boats twin sitting here right now! It was originally Cory Pickos boat now she lives a pampered life up here in MN.

Sodar
02-10-2009, 01:56 PM
Hey Sodar, we have your boats twin sitting here right now! It was originally Cory Pickos boat now she lives a pampered life up here in MN.

Damn fine looking world record towboat.

Looks to be an '06? With Ballast too! Sweet ride... but try to keep the copy-cat boats on the down low!!! :D

russlars
02-10-2009, 02:19 PM
Corey,
How much for that 197? I have a friend who is looking for one.

corey
02-10-2009, 02:54 PM
She's not for sale, yet. The owner is thinking about upgrading, I'll let you know as so as he decides.

Nice eye, she is an 06'. Also has an MCX PowerSlot!