PDA

View Full Version : Spring break suggestions?

92 190 PS
02-06-2009, 09:11 AM
Family from Ohio looking for somewhere South for spring break where we can get the boat in the water. NC/SC/GA/MISS maybe? Suggestions?

TMCNo1
02-06-2009, 09:25 AM
Family from Ohio looking for somewhere South for spring break where we can get the boat in the water. NC/SC/GA/MISS maybe? Suggestions?

Give us some dates so we can narrow it down!
Right now in Northern Florida, they are watering the strawberries and other produce in 20 degree temps to keep from losing their crops!

92 190 PS
02-06-2009, 09:52 AM
April 11th through the 19th....

TMCNo1
02-06-2009, 10:31 AM
NC/SC would be quite iffy during that period, cause the 3rd week of April in our area we still can have a light freeze and frost. I always plant tomatos the last weekend of April, first weekend in May and still have to cover them occasionally to protect them from the frost.:twocents:

92 190 PS
02-06-2009, 10:38 AM
Great info. Thanks....Not a big fan of towing the boat much further South than that. May just have to make take a flight further South and leave the boat at home....

TMCNo1
02-06-2009, 10:45 AM
Great info. Thanks....Not a big fan of towing the boat much further South than that. May just have to make take a flight further South and leave the boat at home....

Just remember,Carolina Spring Madness '09 (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=26635) is April 30 to May 3 and luckly we've had beautiful weather the last two years, something to consider if your schedule can be manipulated!

SchuyHigh
02-06-2009, 09:24 PM

We did Norris Lake in TN last year(June 13 week) and it was incredible! Beautiful lake with great marinas, restuarants, sites, etc.

Can not wait to go back several times this year!

Spring Break too early for TN lakes though?

SunCoast 83
02-07-2009, 09:26 AM
Lots of lakes and hotels in Central Florida, although it would be a brutal drive towing from Ohio. We are having cold temps now, Spring is great here. Someday I am going to make it to Carolina Spring Madness, I just dont think my 99 Explorer is up to the challenge. I will need an upgrade in that area.

92 190 PS
02-07-2009, 11:30 AM
We did Norris Lake in TN last year(June 13 week) and it was incredible! Beautiful lake with great marinas, restuarants, sites, etc.

Can not wait to go back several times this year!

Spring Break too early for TN lakes though?

We love Norris as well. We have a place on the Ohio River that is great the second half of the year after spring rains, but we do Norris a couple times in the spring every year. We thought about Norris in April, but the water will be brutal (probaby in the 60's). Weather in Tenn in April is highs in the 70's lows in the 40's typically.....

TMCNo1
02-07-2009, 04:37 PM
Lots of lakes and hotels in Central Florida, although it would be a brutal drive towing from Ohio. We are having cold temps now, Spring is great here. Someday I am going to make it to Carolina Spring Madness, I just dont think my 99 Explorer is up to the challenge. I will need an upgrade in that area.

Want to buy a '88 Chevrolet Astro that's just about broke in?:D