PDA

View Full Version : Looking for help with lights

morphis
02-05-2009, 05:12 PM
New poster here and I did do a bit of searching around for this topic and didn't find a great deal on it. I am hoping it has not already been covered to death. :)

I have a Mastercraft X2 (2005) and want to add some lights to help me maneuver in and out of my cove at night as well as with trailering. I have two of the tower mounted JL Audio speakers that have lights in the front but I have two problems with these. First, they are mounted in a fixed position and point to high to be much help. They light up the tree line with no problem but don't really do much to light up what is 10-20 feet in front of me. My second issue is that when I cut them on quite a bit of light seems to spill into the boat and effectively washes out what little positive effect they were having for what’s in front of me.

So, does anyone have recommendations on a good set of bar or pod lights that can be adjusted to light up what you need?

Thanks

Big Dogg
02-05-2009, 05:18 PM
Currently on Ebay, Fusion wake (recently bankrupt) is clearing out their inventory of speakers, racks, and light bars. They have a setup that has 6 adjustable lights for about 150, as well as other smaller setups. I have never purchased any of there equipment but from the voice of friend of mine that have, their products seem to be quality. I would have bought this setup in the past, but built my own to save money, and still invest about 200 in a custom built one. So in light of that, 150 sounds like a good deal on an adjustable light bar.

morphis
02-05-2009, 05:23 PM
Thanks for the tip. I will check them out.

jaysus
02-05-2009, 06:16 PM
Morphis,

You can adjust the cans w/integrated lights. Just need to loosen the mount to the tower, which does involve taking the speaker out of the can to access, but you'll find a bolt that fastens the can to the tower mount inside. Losen the bolt a little, re-adjust your can and re-tighten. We actually leave one loose enough on the port side to enable us to spin the can 180 if someone wants to wakesurf at dusk/night. Works great. Good luck.

morphis
02-06-2009, 09:41 AM
You can adjust them on a vertical axis as well as horizontal?

Wow, that might solve my problem. Thanks Jaysus!