PDA

View Full Version : Brac

LakePirate
05-13-2005, 03:45 PM
Guys,

I know that there are a lot of military guys on the board. I hope that no one was affected negatively from the recent base closures.

BriEOD
05-13-2005, 07:08 PM
Nope, not me but they recommending shutting down one awful base (Canon) and one cold one (Ellsworth). Fine with me.

Farmer Ted
05-13-2005, 07:24 PM
It will be interesting to see which bases actually end up getting closed.
Just because a base is on the list doesn't mean it will be closed. I believe I heard the Sub base in CT has been on every list that's come out since '86.

I was hoping to get a nice cushy job where I could show up and collect a paycheck at the Red River Army Depot in Texarkana in a few years but it made the list too....

I don't think too many of my AF peeps will be sad about Cannon, Ellsworth is an aquired taste and initially I wouldn't want to go there but it's an awesome area. Funny thing is they just had 4 inches of snow a couple of days ago. I bet those guys are ready to pack up and leave!

LakePirate
05-15-2005, 10:59 PM
Good deal guys. They were worried here in Central Georgia about Robins getting shut down. It would not be good for the economy here if they closed that bad boy.