PDA

View Full Version : Hopefully my last stupid question

cmw
02-04-2009, 07:33 AM
During my restoration of a 1990 Maristar, I took pretty much everything out of the boat. I did take pictures so I would remember how some things go back. I did miss one. As I was putting the gas tank back in, I had a left over wire. A green one on the back drivers side. I am assuming it is a ground. It almost looks like it grounds to the filler tube. Any ideas? I will try to figure out how to post a picture later today.

Thanks

Gamble
02-04-2009, 09:04 AM
that should be the tank ground...........it will either ground the neck of the tank or provide one of the wires to your sending unit for the gas gauge. The gas gauge was white/black if memory serves me.........and the green grounded the tank at the neck. Hope this helps.

cmw
02-04-2009, 01:11 PM
that should be the tank ground...........it will either ground the neck of the tank or provide one of the wires to your sending unit for the gas gauge. The gas gauge was white/black if memory serves me.........and the green grounded the tank at the neck. Hope this helps.

That does help. I just wanted to make sure. The wire is just the right length to reach the neck of the tank and still have some play. Besides it is the only other thing I unscrewed in that vicinity. I guess I did not notice it during removal. I was fighting the hoses that had been on there for twenty years.
Thanks!

Gamble
02-04-2009, 08:59 PM
you're quite welcome............those hoses can be a pain in the arse...........that green one should just ground the tank.