PDA

View Full Version : 1999 Maristar 230 help needed

mtajpa
02-04-2009, 01:41 AM
Hello all I,m new to this site. I just picked this boat up as sort of a project for my son and I it is a 1999 Maristar 230 350 MX V-DR LTR 250 hours on the meter. Had been setting out in the Nevada sun for 2 years.

First problem is the check engine light does not light up when the key is turned on. I believe this may be a factory wiring issue I have read about on this site already.

Second problem is the engine is only running on cylinders 1,3,5,7. I have spark on all cylinders. Plugs are dry as a bone on the 2,4,6,8. so I am sure they are not getting fuel. At idle I can feel the injectors pulsating on the 1,3,5,7 side but not on the 2,4,6,8 side.

Bruce
02-05-2009, 12:16 AM
I have a 1999 230 VRS as well. I had the check engine light problem also. It was not wired from the factory. My local guy traced it , jumped it and now it works. Can't help with the other problems but, rest assured some of our other TT friends will respond. Good luck and welcome aboard!

mtajpa
02-05-2009, 12:21 AM
Thanks hear on another post that the check engine lite only comes on for an error code in 99 maristar models. Not when you turn key on. Checked connector an thats not the problem if I ground the brown/white on engine side of connector engine lite comes on. Not getting the ground needed from somewere