PDA

View Full Version : Pictures are pixeled

alletric
02-03-2009, 07:46 PM
When I updated Infranview it pixelates my pictures when I save them like the directions by Eastie. Anybody havy any idea? It resizes them fine and they are clear but when I save them they turn out like this

bigmac
02-03-2009, 08:12 PM
What resolution are you saving them at? Looks pretty low.

Optimal for computer screen display is traditionally about 72 PPI. I don't know Irfanview, but with most editing programs one usually adjusts the resolution of the image first, then change the dimensions to the desired size.

alletric
02-03-2009, 08:30 PM
What resolution are you saving them at? Looks pretty low.

Optimal for computer screen display is traditionally about 72 PPI. I don't know Irfanview, but with most editing programs one usually adjusts the resolution of the image first, then change the dimensions to the desired size.

It says 72. I am shooting with a nikon d60 and the file size is very large. Nothing happens with the pictures until infranview saves them. It resizes fine and clear and then saves in this mess.

FrankSchwab
02-03-2009, 09:04 PM
The JPG quality setting is too low. On ancient versions of irfanview, when you clicked "save as" "JPG - JPEG Files", you could then click "Options" and set the "save quality". I normally have that set to around 80.

alletric
02-03-2009, 09:24 PM
The JPG quality setting is too low. On ancient versions of irfanview, when you clicked "save as" "JPG - JPEG Files", you could then click "Options" and set the "save quality". I normally have that set to around 80.

Thanks I will give it a try.