PDA

View Full Version : Puerto Vallarta

icedog-10
02-01-2009, 08:43 PM
I am going to Pueto Vallarta in April and would love to do some skiing. Does any one know if there is a place that I can go? I have seen that some resorts offer water skiing but they don't say anything about equipment which scares me.

h2oskifreak
02-02-2009, 12:11 AM
No help on skiing but a few rest. suggestions. Le Cliff is good, a little high $ and a ways out of the way but an incredable setting. Icumbre' can't be beat for roof top view over looking the bay and city lights. It is off the beaten path and the cab ride is a little weird (straight uphill) getting there but if you taking your woman it is the most romantic setting you can get, Tip the host when arriving and ask for his best table and he will put you "on the railing"

Jungle "Canapy" zip line is fun. If you are a little more aggressive do the "extreme" version that includes zodiac boats, repelling down waterfalls, 4 wheelers and the zip. Have fun.

bbymgr
02-02-2009, 07:51 AM
Jungle "Canapy" zip line is fun. If you are a little more aggressive do the "extreme" version that includes zodiac boats, repelling down waterfalls, 4 wheelers and the zip. Have fun.

I 2nd this. My wife and I did this and it was the highlight of the trip. Definitely do the "extreme" version.

http://canopy-adventures.com/vallarta-tours/outdoor-adventure.htm

icedog-10
02-02-2009, 08:13 AM
Thanks for the input. Guess I will do things I don't get to do at home then start skiing when the ice goes out in June this year.

PaulW
02-02-2009, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the input. Guess I will do things I don't get to do at home then start skiing when the ice goes out in June this year.
Might be a little earlier than June for the ice melt, but not by much. Were you located at in the Midwest, hopefully not in MN?

icedog-10
02-02-2009, 12:33 PM
Just north of Milwaukee. We ski on the Milwaukee River in Mequon. This is one of the few years that we haven't had any warm up so that the river starts moving in January. There are tons of snowmobilers and skaters who are loving this winter.