PDA

View Full Version : Pro's and Con's of X15 - NEED YOUR THOUGHTS

kwittnebert
02-01-2009, 01:43 PM
I am considering buying an X15. Any thoughts - good, bad and ugly - would be greatly appreciated!!!
:cool:

Witness140
02-01-2009, 02:00 PM
I am considering buying an X15. Any thoughts - good, bad and ugly - would be greatly appreciated!!!
:cool:

I think what is considered a Pro or a con depends on what you want to do with the boat. I just bought an X2, and considered an X15. Came out of a 197. 4 kids. Slalom skier just getting into boarding. Like to trick ski and want to surf.

X15 Pro

More room for more people.

X15 Con

Won't fit in a standard 7ft, 23 ft deep garage
Not as good an all-around watersports boat as the X2. Probably more pure wakeboard/surf
More money
No single axle trailer option
More weight to tow

But these were just my pro/con based on what I was going to do with it. If I had a place to store an X15 in the winter indoors, and I was just a surfer/boarder, I'd probably have gotten the X15.

n9740b
02-01-2009, 03:00 PM
Any idea of the height of the X15 on the trailer (for garage door issues)?

sully
02-01-2009, 04:58 PM
check the trailer clearences to the hull

kwittnebert
02-01-2009, 08:18 PM
looking mostly to wakeboard. family of 4, btu tend to have a few with us.
What about wake size; X2 to X15? any thoughts there?

mad-dog1
02-01-2009, 09:02 PM
X-2 vs X-15

mad-dog1
02-01-2009, 09:08 PM
how that happen.....??
sorry about the post I was trying to do a boat comparison copy paste function didn't work to well for me..
IMHO they're both the same weight the X15 is 4" wider and if I had to chose I'd go for the x15 over the x2, tho they're both exceptional boats I'm more old school, I think the wake would probably be about the same to wake board but for slalom the x15 would probably do better...

PaulW
02-01-2009, 11:25 PM
I had an X15 to demo for a weekend and liked the boat. Had a very nice wakeboard wake with stock ballast. Nice room in the boat, did not ski behind it though.

Witness140
02-01-2009, 11:41 PM
but for slalom the x15 would probably do better...

Not based on my experience behind the two boats. The attitude plate certainly does clean it up a lot, but the X2 seemed more acceptable than the 15.

kgrove
02-02-2009, 12:11 AM
Any idea of the height of the X15 on the trailer (for garage door issues)?

haven't tried with the tower folded... but with the tower up it is slightly above 10'.. I know this because the tower just barely clips the rim of the basketball hoop in my driveway if I don't back in carefully. I don't bother putting the tower down because the boat with trailer tongue folded is a couple feet longer than available for my garage anyway.

TallRedRider
02-02-2009, 12:21 AM
I have been out twice on an 08 X15. The wakeboard wake was very good. Some guys on Wakeworld sacked it out and it was outstanding with a lot of extra weight as well if you ever go there.

We surfed once and it was already surfable with just stock weight and a 400 pound sack in the rear locker and 2 people only in the boat.

It rides nice in the chop. I was very impressed. The boat is roomier than I expected for its size.

Michael hunter
02-02-2009, 12:22 AM
I almost bought the X15, test drove it 3 different times. I love the size and room inside
It handles well and has great wake board and wake surf wakes. The problem I had was with the
slalom wake its too large to ever cut through no matter where you set the attitude plate. If you
want to ski go with the X2 or something else if you don't ski go with the X15 it is my 1st choice
in a wake board boat.

Jet
02-02-2009, 09:46 AM
My 2 cents.

Have had the X15 for two summers now and we just love the boat. We are a family of 5, including a 5 year-old daughter when we started. Chose the X15 over the X2 because of the room, the quality of the ride in choppy waters and the height of the transom in the boat for safety reasons for the kids.

We started wakeboarding when we got the boat, my wife and I and the 2 oldest with the plate to give us a break. Last summer, we had ballasts filled, no plate for everyone and we had a blast. We also started surfing but need to work on that still. We don't waterski at all.

We had 10+ people at times on the boat and still had a very good ride and enough room.

Hope this helps you out.

erkoehler
02-02-2009, 03:48 PM
Take both boats out on demo rides and ski/ride behind both of them.

The x15 is one of our best sellers, and we have many customers that have upgraded from the x2.

MC X-15
02-02-2009, 03:53 PM
great all around boat, good surf/wakeboard wake, dont ski so cant comment on that. Has tons of room for people as well as tons of storage. I have the 350hp engine. seems to do fine. Stock weight is ok. need a few extra lbs to get a great wake IMO. Handlles choppy water great. I looked at the X-2 and decided it was just a little small for what i needed. Im on pretty choppy water too, if i was on a lake or calm water i would have prob chosen the X-2.

iplount
02-02-2009, 04:26 PM
Just posted this on wakeworld

I'll throw in my 2 cents. I looked at both and a malibu vlx. They all have great selling points. I went in thinking I needed a pure wake board boat. I ended up buying a 2008 x-15. It is a great boat. I haven't looked back once.

I looked at it this way. My family and I spend our time between wake boarding, wake surfing, tubing, skiing, and just anchored and swimming around.

I found for me that with this mix of activities and that no one, at least not yet, is planning to go "pro" on the wake board the versatility of the x-15 can't be beat. Besides it looks like wake surfing is taking over the #1 activity spot ahead of wake boarding and tubing.

Also I can easily fit a 2-3 families of 4 in the thing and be comfortable. Based on the smaller interior of the x-start I don't think you could do that. This may or may not be important to you but I figure the more the merrier.

You should go drive them, take your family and check it out. I had a blast checking out all the boats and figuring out what would work for my family. Find what you like and go for it.

Let me know if you have any questions about the x-15. I'll try to answer.

Have fun and good luck.

davomaddo
02-02-2009, 04:37 PM
If I were you, I would try them both out.
Do a demo.

They are both great boats.
After you try them both out, it will probably be easy for you to decide which one you like best.
If not, flip a coin.

The X-15 and X-2 are 2 of the best selling MC boats. So, you can't really go wrong with either of them - with respect to resale.