PDA

View Full Version : X1/X2 center ballast

mccobmd
01-28-2009, 06:19 PM
If you have the center ballast do you keep if full all the time, just for skiing, just for wakeboarding or some combination. I am considering just putting permanent weight in the center ski locker rather than ballast. Any thoughts appreciated.

CottagerGreg
01-28-2009, 06:30 PM
I use to keep mine full in our X-1... I found it rode better too in the chop...

JohnE
01-28-2009, 06:31 PM
If you have the center ballast do you keep if full all the time, just for skiing, just for wakeboarding or some combination. I am considering just putting permanent weight in the center ski locker rather than ballast. Any thoughts appreciated.

Some people add a little ballast to the bow to improve the ski wake, but not as much as you'd want for boarding.

Wake2wake
01-28-2009, 06:34 PM
we keep our 2000 x star, current x1, on a lift, so just to save min or so lifting, i empty the bag, but i don't see anything wrong with keeping it full. although if i was trailoring, i wouldn't keep it full just cause i know the more weight you have in it the more gas it will burn.

sand2snow22
01-28-2009, 07:52 PM
For skiing we put 200-240 lbs of pop products in the nose and leave all ballast tanks empty. This year we will also take the boards off of the board racks for skiing. Reason being, the boards add a little weight, but also act like wings keeping the back of the boat in the water! We'll see if it works?

Wakeboarding, leave the 5 bags of pop product in the nose or somewhere in the middle of the boat, fill all ballast and put 3 pop products in the starboard locker and 2 in the port locker. Spread people weight around the boat evenly.

Surf, empty starboard ballast, all 10 pop products in the port locker. That's 650 lbs in the port locker! Plus all the peeps on the port side of the boat. Throws a decent wave!

Loffgren
01-29-2009, 11:18 AM
Keep mine full for chop also!