PDA

View Full Version : I miss summer for boating and biking

corey
01-28-2009, 04:00 PM
Along with wakeboarding and little skiing I really miss biking. It may get to 15 degrees today so it will be a while before I get to do any of them which got me wondering if anyone else bikes.

My main discipline is road riding, currently set up on a Cannondale R600. Dumped the stock wheels for some Mavic Open Pros and switched the seat to a Specialized something or other. I'm gonna set the trainer back up and hit it this weekend.

ncsone
01-28-2009, 04:24 PM
Can't say enough good about cycling. This toy is 2nd only to my MC.

corey
01-28-2009, 04:32 PM
Nice set up, you into tri's? I've always wanted to get into it but honestly my love of biking is equally matched by my hatred of running.

jraben8
01-28-2009, 04:44 PM
Nice set up, you into tri's? I've always wanted to get into it but honestly my love of biking is equally matched by my hatred of running.

Amen. But I'd much rather bike off road and take my chances against the trees rather than traffic. I have a Specialized Enduro that is ridden 2-3 times a week and an Epic that is in the process of being built up.

jraben8
01-28-2009, 04:44 PM
Can't say enough good about cycling. This toy is 2nd only to my MC.

And that Cervelo is beautiful!!!

corey
01-28-2009, 04:53 PM
I love the Enduro, I used to Manage a bike shop here and was able to go out to Specialized for some classroom training and then some biking. It was awesome, I wish we had Mtns like that around here, for MN riding I'd take that Epic in a heartbeat.

ncsone
01-28-2009, 04:58 PM

Nope, that is a pure road bike. The wife has done some triathlons. No thanks for me. Watching people run makes my knees hurt. Me? I would rather go put 100 mi on the bike and not worry about the swim and run. If I want to get wet, I take the boat out.

kdr
01-28-2009, 05:05 PM
Nice bikes. I'm currently on an old trek 2300 that I put only about 30-40 miles on a week when it's warm. I need to have a fitting done, but I'd rather spend the money on the boat.

RexDog1
01-28-2009, 06:37 PM
I don't miss Biking..... I just got back from a ride!!!:) it is about 75 in So. Cal. I just got back into biking after some years off, My old bike was an Kestrel and I Loved it, but the new carbon technology and new angles of frames now ...... I had a lot of reading to catch up on all the new ways... you know old dog new tricks???:rolleyes: I did 4 test drives the De Rosa Avant , Specialized Roubaix. and the Kestrel RT I took them all on an one hour ride, all nice bikes tell..... I road the Cervelo R-3 it is an amazing ride 16.6 lbs...:D.. I am now on it every day, I forgot how much I like riding but dammmmm it hurts trying to get back into shape :(

ncsone
01-28-2009, 06:47 PM
From one Cervelo owner to another - nice bike!

RexDog1
01-28-2009, 07:00 PM
From one Cervelo owner to another - nice bike!

Thanks I like your bike, the Red and black looks so good :D

I was going to test ride more Cervelo's tell I road the R-3 and that was it!!:D I am looking to get a new wheel set? I was looking into the Eastons EC70?? how do you like your wheels???

ncsone
01-28-2009, 07:07 PM
I love my Easton wheels If I had to buy another pair, it would another set of Eastons. They are a little on the stiff side, but they are bulletproof. You do not hear a lot about them like you do Zipp's or Mavics, but they are still great wheels. I have probably 4000 miles on the pair in the picture and they have not ever needed truing or any work on them. Absolutely bulletproof wheels and a great buy for the $.

ncsone
01-28-2009, 07:09 PM
BTW, those wheels in my picture are CARBON rims. If they make carbon rims that are bulletproof, imagine how strong the AL rims are...

RexDog1
01-28-2009, 07:12 PM
BTW, those wheels in my picture are CARBON rims. If they make carbon rims that are bulletproof, imagine how strong the AL rims are...

I am 6'4" 197lbs and I need something bulletproof for my fat a$$ :(:rolleyes:

woftam
01-28-2009, 07:34 PM
Another Cervelo. These pics were from a climb up Mt. Evans, from Idaho Springs in Colorado in mid-June.

woftam
01-28-2009, 07:41 PM
One more pic of my Cervelo. Similar to ncsone's bike. Mine are built with Reynolds DV's, CX-Ray spokes, and the rear hub is a Powertap. Decals have since been removed.

Nice wheels ncsone! PT on rear. Nice rig.

ncsone
01-28-2009, 08:43 PM
Now if I can only figure out a way to afford the new S3 with the Olympic colors - I love that bike!

coz
01-29-2009, 08:19 AM
Does anyone have bike parks?

Not much of a trail rider but the diamond back is sure fun in the park.

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm258/cozaz/002-6.jpg
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm258/cozaz/012-4.jpg
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm258/cozaz/003-1.jpg
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm258/cozaz/001-5.jpg

Bellinghamster
01-29-2009, 10:18 AM
Mountain biking, waterskiing, snow skiing and windsurfing are my sports.

I did a couple road races in jr. high, but switched to mountain biking around '87. I rode my trusty Cannondale for about 12 years (about 5 years with a front shock). Last year I finally caved to the full suspension temptation and picked up a (used) Giant AC (6.5" rear travel, 7" front travel). It's added a whole lotta fun back into the sport for me! I also inherited a nice aluminum Trek roadbike last fall, and started occasionally riding to/from work.

Unfortunately, I'm nursing a couple cracked ribs from last weeks' night ride (frozen ground is HARD), but that should be healed up in plenty of time for spring waterskiing.

woftam
01-29-2009, 11:52 AM
Now if I can only figure out a way to afford the new S3 with the Olympic colors - I love that bike!

Careful with the S3. Various forums are abuzz with complaints about wheelset compatability with the frame. Things are tight fitting around the rear wheel on the S3 and several high end wheels won't work in combo.

If you work with a local dealer, you can try your wheels on the frame to be sure. My Cervelos have all come from All3Sports, as there is no Cervelo dealer in Delaware, where I live. This avoids tax, but dealer support is a shipping carton away if there is a problem. Other than the R2.5 recall, which was taken care of well, I've had no issues with Cervelo.

My SLC , as with my other Cervelos, was built up by me with my own parts selection. Rear wheel was built by Richard at wheelbuilder.com. Nice guy and builds high end wheels well.

A couple more pics of Mt. Evans, a favorite ride whenever I'm in Colorado during summer: