PDA

View Full Version : Factory cover.....

jixxxer
01-28-2009, 11:22 AM
Anyone have or know if u can still get the factory boat cover for a 1997 Prostar 205, It was a canvas type with the snaps that snap under the rubrail.
Thanks!

wakeX2wake
01-28-2009, 11:23 AM
Anyone have or know if u can still get the factory boat cover for a 1997 Prostar 205, It was a canvas type with the snaps that snap under the rubrail.
Thanks!

should be able to... it should be the same cover that's on the X1... others can confirm

sand2snow22
01-28-2009, 11:32 AM
should be able to... it should be the same cover that's on the X1... others can confirm

A few changes since then, but the biggest concern for me would be the aftermarket tower. Ask your dealer. Having said that, I just ordered a custom cover from www.skiboatcovers.com great price, highly recommend Mike, give him a call!

Prostar Rich
01-28-2009, 11:57 AM
You may want to check with Jim @ BAWS. He was advertising factory covers a little while ago here on the forum. Not sure if he had one for your model but would be worth while to ask him.

Prostar Rich

corey
02-13-2009, 06:28 PM
You're going to want to go custom if you want it to fit right. The cover is made prior to the boat snaps being installed, this ensures that the snaps in the boat get installed in the right spot so that the cover fits tight. A new cover can be made using your boat as a template and then installing the snaps on the cover to coincide with your exisiting boat snaps.

Hope that makes sence.

east tx skier
02-14-2009, 09:52 AM
Rankin, Coversport and Evolution covers are all excellent, custom fitted, trailerable, and require no cover support. They come at a high premium though.

NWMC
02-14-2009, 10:57 AM
Just as East Tx skier said, the Rankin covers are expensive, however there are several advantages. They don't need support, moisture runs off them, and they are only one of a few that are trailerable. Rankin currently is listing a 205 cover on craigslist in seattle for 650 plus tax and shipping. A very good deal as I believe these covers are usually close to 1000.
If you go into the boat section and search for mastercraft it will bring it up.

thatsmrmastercraft
02-14-2009, 11:03 AM
Rankin, Coversport and Evolution covers are all excellent, custom fitted, trailerable, and require no cover support. They come at a high premium though.

Hey east, how do they get by with no cover support? Never mind - checked their site out. Looks like top notch quality.

east tx skier
02-14-2009, 11:13 AM
Just as East Tx skier said, the Rankin covers are expensive, however there are several advantages. They don't need support, moisture runs off them, and they are only one of a few that are trailerable. Rankin currently is listing a 205 cover on craigslist in seattle for 650 plus tax and shipping. A very good deal as I believe these covers are usually close to 1000.
If you go into the boat section and search for mastercraft it will bring it up.

Actually, without tower cutouts, I just got a quote from Rankin for $710 (after $50 upcharge for red sunbrella). Coversports was a bit less expensive at $680 (after $40 upcharge for red). The tower cutouts will bring the costs up. I went with coversports because they apparently only do my type of boat and were recommended by Cory at Evolution. Brent (Coversports) and Cory (Evolution) are both former Rankin employees. The covers are all very similar. Rankin was a bit delayed in calling me back, but eventually did. My cover from Coversports will be ready this week (ordered about 1.5 weeks ago).

ttu
02-14-2009, 11:28 AM
got to agree with eastie, i "tried" to deal with rankin to get a cover made and was delayed to the point i got pissed.

cory has great customer service. i had a issue with the cover he sent and he paid to have it overnighted back to him and then shipped back along with a apology for not having it correct the 1st time.