PDA

View Full Version : Here is what my Congresswoman had to say...

MYMC
01-26-2009, 07:02 PM
About TARP and where the money has gone:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) and the financial crisis. Your views are important, and I appreciate you taking the time to share them with me.

As you know, in early October Congress passed the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act to allow the Treasury Department to use public funds to attempt to solve the current credit crisis and its resulting financial turmoil. Since that vote, the Treasury Department has changed the focus of the TARP from its original intent of buying assets controlled by struggling financial institutions to buying stock in the institutions themselves. There have also been disturbing reports of bonuses being paid to executives at these institutions, banks continuing to pay dividends to shareholders despite taking public money, wasteful spending, and a lack of sufficient government oversight as to how these funds are being spent.

I share your frustration with these issues and I can assure you that I am monitoring the situation closely. Ensuring effective oversight of the TARP will be one of my priorities in the 111th Congress. The quick metamorphosis of the TARP from an asset purchasing program to an investment program is evidence that while we must maintain the Treasury Department's flexibility to deal with these issues we can't simply allow them to move without oversight.

As you know, Congress had the ability to 'disapprove' of the release of the remaining $350 billion of taxpayer money that was slated to be allocated to the TARP. I remain skeptical about the effectiveness of the program so far, and I opposed the release of the second $350 billion on January 22, 2009. Unfortunately, the Senate had already voted to approve the measure, and the release of this additional funding will proceed.

We must overhaul the regulations that govern the financial system as a whole to ensure that this type of crisis never happens again. I am a free market capitalist, but I know that some regulation is necessary in order to preserve market stability. That is why I would support a non-partisan effort to update our current regulatory system. Most of our current regulations have been on the books for 50 years or more, and you simply can not regulate modern financial institutions such as investment banks with rules designed for the commercial banks of the mid 20th century.

Again, I thank you for contacting me, and I urge you to continue to share your thoughts on issues that are important to you. Your views are always welcome and helpful. If you have not already done so, I also encourage you to visit my website -www.myrick.house.gov - and sign up for my eNewsletter, so that I may continue to let you know how I am working for you in Congress.

Sincerely,

Sue Myrick
Member of Congress

TX.X-30 fan
01-26-2009, 07:21 PM
Is she saying that so far we have taken it in the shorts?? I say let them fail and the smaller strong institutions pick their bones.

And after all the money was supposed to buy ailing assets(sub prime loans) and to date it has not been spent to do what is was allocated for.

MYMC
01-26-2009, 07:43 PM
Is she saying that so far we have taken it in the shorts?? I say let them fail and the smaller strong institutions pick their bones.

And after all the money was supposed to buy ailing assets(sub prime loans) and to date it has not been spent to do what is was allocated for.
To be honest I'm nt sure what she was saying...I posted it here to get some feedback.

TX.X-30 fan
01-26-2009, 07:53 PM
Was that a response to your letter? If so I bet yours would be easier to decipher.

Maristar210
01-27-2009, 10:17 AM
"Closely monitoring" = Ensuring I get a piece of the pie without you knowing about it.

Lots of meaninglessness there. IMO.

Anyone verify if she opposed?

wakeX2wake
01-27-2009, 10:25 AM
basically what i got from that is that either she didn't understand what she was signing when the was in favor of TARP or they lost control of it after it was approved b/c of one reason or another... and now its not going the way she wanted it to (whether it be right or wrong i won't comment... don't want to turn into a flame fest)... that's about all i got from that

MYMC
01-27-2009, 10:38 AM
Was that a response to your letter? If so I bet yours would be easier to decipher.
It was a response...my letter was simple, basically asking how the banks can sit on the money that was lent and not begin to free up the credit markets.

We have qualified buyers (750+ Beacon), 20% down payment and we still have trouble finding lenders.

Gonzo
01-27-2009, 10:47 AM
We have qualified buyers (750+ Beacon), 20% down payment and we still have trouble finding lenders.

man that is tight.

TMCNo1
01-27-2009, 12:09 PM
It was a response...my letter was simple, basically asking how the banks can sit on the money that was lent and not begin to free up the credit markets.

They probably want to have plenty money to pass out a great bonus to the exec's at the end of the year!

6ballsisall
01-27-2009, 12:11 PM

Wow......:(

Monte
01-27-2009, 12:22 PM
That HAS to be one of the dumbest concepts I have ever heard. Let's take s-load of taxpayer money, hand it over to a bunch of crooks who have taken successful financial institutions robbed, raped and pilaged them to the brink of bankruptcy... Hey No strings attached... Keep stuffin fellas..

Mag_Red
01-27-2009, 12:45 PM

We have qualified buyers (750+ Beacon), 20% down payment and we still have trouble finding lenders.I'm in the same boat, but only on my end loan for my house. Great credit score, 20% down, but because my other house isn't sold, ( it is rented thought for more than the mortgage and taxes) , my Debt/ equity ratio is a little high. I can't find anyone to do the end loan........well.............the bank holding the construction loan says they could do a 3 year arm at 7.5%..................sounds like they are trying to force me into a **** loan............it's pissing me off BIG TIME!

D3skier
01-27-2009, 01:07 PM
I'm in the same boat, but only on my end loan for my house. Great credit score, 20% down, but because my other house isn't sold, ( it is rented thought for more than the mortgage and taxes) , my Debt/ equity ratio is a little high. I can't find anyone to do the end loan........well.............the bank holding the construction loan says they could do a 3 year arm at 7.5%..................sounds like they are trying to force me into a **** loan............it's pissing me off BIG TIME!

you could always take that just to get it closed then refinance in 6 months... from my understanding of mortgage loans when you have rental properties they only count 75% of the rental payment towards your income and expect you to have lower DTI for the new loan.

6ballsisall
01-27-2009, 01:23 PM
you could always take that just to get it closed then refinance in 6 months... from my understanding of mortgage loans when you have rental properties they only count 75% of the rental payment towards your income and expect you to have lower DTI for the new loan.

LTV also has to be no greater than 80% of the "rental property" which in Mags case was his primary residence. Lenders are trying to protect themselves from mortgage fraud. (i.e. I want a new house, can't sell mine, have a buddy sign a fake "rental agreement" on the old house, buy the new house w/ that income included in, then walk from the old house) Obviously thats not what Mags is doing but thats what banks are trying to protect themselves from.

Mag_Red
01-27-2009, 01:47 PM
you could always take that just to get it closed then refinance in 6 months... from my understanding of mortgage loans when you have rental properties they only count 75% of the rental payment towards your income and expect you to have lower DTI for the new loan.They only are counting 20%:( It just pisses me off that this is the only hold up. My point to them was, I have a 7% construction loan right now, both properties, and I am current on all my payments for the past 6 months. If you are sooooooo worried about the D/E ratio, why are you more willing to put me into a loan where my monthly payments would be $400 more/ month than a 5% loan?????? Makes no sense.

6ballsisall
01-27-2009, 01:51 PM
They only are counting 20%:( It just pisses me off that this is the only hold up. My point to them was, I have a 7% construction loan right now, both properties, and I am current on all my payments for the past 6 months. If you are sooooooo worried about the D/E ratio, why are you more willing to put me into a loan where my monthly payments would be $400 more/ month than a 5% loan?????? Makes no sense.

Amen..........

MYMC
01-27-2009, 01:53 PM
They only are counting 20%:( It just pisses me off that this is the only hold up. My point to them was, I have a 7% construction loan right now, both properties, and I am current on all my payments for the past 6 months. If you are sooooooo worried about the D/E ratio, why are you more willing to put me into a loan where my monthly payments would be $400 more/ month than a 5% loan?????? Makes no sense.
Have you talked to BBT (if they are in your area)?

Jesus_Freak
01-27-2009, 01:55 PM
That HAS to be one of the dumbest concepts I have ever heard. Let's take s-load of taxpayer money, hand it over to a bunch of crooks who have taken successful financial institutions robbed, raped and pilaged them to the brink of bankruptcy... Hey No strings attached... Keep stuffin fellas..

Yes, the way to fix a black hole is to throw gravity at it.:rolleyes:

shepherd
01-27-2009, 02:15 PM
Well, our new president is going to fix this problem, right?......................................RIGHT? ???

Mag_Red
01-27-2009, 03:02 PM
Have you talked to BBT (if they are in your area)?BBT?? Better business ????? I have no idea:confused:

Monte
01-27-2009, 03:07 PM
BBT?? Better business ????? I have no idea:confused:

Branch Banking and Trust. It has a strong presence in the southeast.

TMCNo1
01-27-2009, 03:10 PM
BBT?? Better business ????? I have no idea:confused:

It's a bank, http://www.bbt.com/bbt/personal/products/onlinebanking/default.html
mortgage page, http://www.bbt.com/bbt/personal/products/homemortgage.html

MYMC
01-27-2009, 04:14 PM
It's a bank, http://www.bbt.com/bbt/personal/products/onlinebanking/default.html
mortgage page, http://www.bbt.com/bbt/personal/products/homemortgage.html
Thanks Harold!

Mag...they have signs hanging all over them here that read "we have money to lend!", "We don't need a bailout"...etc. Currently they are buying boat loans at good rates and terms...and they seem to be decent to deal with.

TX.X-30 fan
01-27-2009, 05:34 PM
All that poor lending now is coming back to hurt the people that pay their bills. The repo/foreclosure in not the guy that put 20% down on the car/boat/house.

shepherd
01-27-2009, 06:56 PM

:confused: I haven't had that problem recently, at least not for used car and mortgage loans. Interest rates are low.

MYMC
01-28-2009, 10:58 AM
:confused: I haven't had that problem recently, at least not for used car and mortgage loans. Interest rates are low.
Rates can be decent...we just did a refi on the home and locked in a 4.5% 30yr. Car loans it just depends I guess...Christmas we bought a new C63 and the rate from MBZ was 7.8, but BBT and State Farm were 6%.

Funny how all this is playing out, we were very successful at FanFare November and December and the MBZ dealership that I do business with told me Monday they had retailed 41 new so far this month which was right on track for a "normal" January. But when I talk to other dealers they are truly having a tough time making ends meet and of course you can read about car dealers failing left and right.

Witness140
01-28-2009, 12:09 PM
Mike,

What kind of rates have you seen on the new boat loans that are still out there? I was just offered 7.5% for 15 or 20 years, no min downpayment. I'm really not sure I'm gonna be able to do much better than that on a fixed.

The Pentagon Credit union is offering some good variable stuff. Just not sure it is going to work for me.

https://www.penfed.org/productsAndRates/loans/vehicleLoans/boatLoans.asp

shepherd
01-28-2009, 02:10 PM
I got 3.19% on my used truck loan last week from the local credit union http://www.tyndallfcu.com/page.php?page=72
They're offering 5.99% on new boats for up to 84 months. 6.25% for used.

MYMC
01-28-2009, 02:53 PM
Mike,

What kind of rates have you seen on the new boat loans that are still out there? I was just offered 7.5% for 15 or 20 years, no min downpayment. I'm really not sure I'm gonna be able to do much better than that on a fixed.

The Pentagon Credit union is offering some good variable stuff. Just not sure it is going to work for me.

https://www.penfed.org/productsAndRates/loans/vehicleLoans/boatLoans.asp

I got 3.19% on my used truck loan last week from the local credit union http://www.tyndallfcu.com/page.php?page=72
They're offering 5.99% on new boats for up to 84 months. 6.25% for used.
Credit unions are killing it rate wise currently...my problem was I don't belong to one. As to marine loans term can be an issue for some...due to budget or flexibility.

7.5% for 180 or 240 months is a steal right now with no money down...currently we are seeing 7.65 and up for the same term but almost everyone is want 15%-20% down. Further to get these rates amount borrowed must be over $50K.

shepherd
01-28-2009, 03:59 PM
Credit unions are killing it rate wise currently...my problem was I don't belong to one.

I opened my account the day I walked in to apply for the loan. Only cost me $6.00 for the minimum deposit. Figured it was worth it...

jdl xstar
01-28-2009, 06:01 PM
US Bancorp, SunTrust and BB&T are praised for increasing their lending after taking TARP funds. Cramer's take on which big banks are doing their part and some that aren't...

http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/comment/opinion/10459807.html?cm_ven=YAHOO&cm_cat=FREE&cm_ite=NA

TX.X-30 fan
01-28-2009, 07:33 PM
Frost bank just reported 53 million profit, and said no thanks to tarp. I guess some can run banks and some can run banks into the ground?

MYMC
01-29-2009, 11:03 AM
Frost bank just reported 53 million profit, and said no thanks to tarp. I guess some can run banks and some can run banks into the ground?

Truer words were never spoken...

RexDog1
02-05-2009, 04:06 PM
oops:rolleyes:
I’m not that smart :cool:

RexDog1
02-05-2009, 04:07 PM
Interesting Facts

What do Hoover , Truman & Eisenhower Have in Common?

I didn't know of this until it was pointed out to me.

Back during The Great Depression, President Herbert Hoover ordered the
deportation of ALL illegal aliensin order to make jobs available to American
citizens that desperately needed work.

Harry Truman deported over two million Illegal's after WWII to create jobs
for returning veterans.

And then again in 1954, President Dwight Eisenhower deported 13 million
Mexican nationals! The program was called 'Operation Wetback'so that
American WWII and Korean veterans had a better chance at jobs.

It took 2 Years, but they deported them!

I am going to get a timeout for this............................;)
But I am just stating fact

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%27Operation+Wetback%27&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=

TMCNo1
02-05-2009, 04:15 PM
Interesting Facts

for returning veterans.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%27Operation+Wetback%27&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=

Not if I can help it, the info makes a valid point!

Monte
02-05-2009, 04:16 PM
Interesting Facts

for returning veterans.

I don't think a timeout is in order

I wish someone would remind the current executive power of this idea:cool:

You know for a fact it won't have the same name:(

RexDog1
02-05-2009, 05:06 PM
I don't think a timeout is in order

I wish someone would remind the current executive power of this idea:cool:

You know for a fact it won't have the same name:(

Yep that name would go over like a fart in church,:rolleyes: in this PC world :noface:

TX.X-30 fan
02-05-2009, 05:32 PM
Next time you see one say hey Mojado, be sure to report back what happened. :D

We need an orderly documented immigrant workforce, and not an illegal one.

JohnE
02-05-2009, 05:40 PM
We need an orderly documented immigrant workforce, and not an illegal one.

Dayum, Stu you are really hitting the mark today.

Monte
02-05-2009, 06:08 PM
Too many loopholes, and a majority have already figured out how to swim under or jump over them.

mad-dog1
02-05-2009, 07:11 PM
I guess it is time to blame the WET BACKS....when for decades we've been told that this would happen if we were to let it....

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. Already they have raised up a moneyed aristocracy that has set the government at defiance. The issuing power (of money) should be taken away from the banks and restored to the people to whom it properly belongs." Thomas Jefferson

"This (Federal Reserve) Act establishes the most gigantic trust [monopoly] on earth. When the President (Woodrow Wilson) signs this bill, the invisible government by the Monetary Power will be legalized. The people may not know it immediately, but the day of reckoning is only a few years removed. The trusts will soon realize that they have gone too far even for their own good. The people must make a declaration of independence to relieve themselves from the Monetary Power. This they will be able to do by taking control of Congress. Wall Streeters could not cheat us if you Senators and Representatives did not make a humbug of Congress...The greatest crime of Congress is its currency system. The worst legislative crime of the ages is perpetrated by this banking bill. The caucus and the party bosses have again operated and prevented the people from getting the benefit of their own government." Congressman Charles A. Lindbergh, Sr., 1913

"I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world, no longer a government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men." Woodrow Wilson

"The modern banking system manufactures money out of nothing. The process is perhaps the most astounding piece of sleight of hand that was ever invented. Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The Bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create deposits, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it all back again. However, take this great power away from them, and all the great fortunes like mine disappear, and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of Bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money and control credit." Sir Josiah Stamp, President of the Bank of England in the 1920s, the second richest man in Britain

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, (i.e., the "business cycle") the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." Thomas Jefferson

Fact is the Department of Labor determined that $6.55 was the minimum wage….why??
Our government needs to Control the rate of inflation….

This is why our government can’t and will not enforce our own Immigration laws, if everyone made a descent living wage it would be a crude awakening for everyone.…

Back in the days you refer to the rate of inflation was still accessible, Why do we now we pay $350,000 for the same house we could buy for $100,000... 20 years ago...(back then they could buy the houses they build, you could buy the car that you built, medical coverage and retirements benefits was a part of of your job earnings)

Different times.... Now days Corporations have no face or soul and are only interested in the bottom line even if it means leaving all of us without a job....

this is way we have to buy American made products once again...!!

Sorry about such a long post but I need to remind you all that we are all in the same boat... ;)

Everyone pays to live in this country rich and poor…. Middle class Americans just pick up the bill for low income families health benefits…

"The perfect slave is the slave who thinks that he is free." :rolleyes:

http://www.urbansurvival.com/week.htm
http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/wages/minimumwage.htm
http://thelawparty.org/FavoriteQuotes.htm

Monte
02-05-2009, 07:41 PM
I guess it is time to blame the WET BACKS....when for decades we've been told that this would happen if we were to let it....

Everyone pays to live in this country rich and poor…. Middle class Americans just pick up the bill for low income families health benefits…

"The perfect slave is the slave who thinks that he is free." :rolleyes:

http://www.urbansurvival.com/week.htm
http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/wages/minimumwage.htm
http://thelawparty.org/FavoriteQuotes.htm

I have no problem helping those less fortunate as long as they are paying their part too.. As for the "wetbacks" they are not the whole problem, but they sure as hell don't help the situation at ALL.. I guess what I am trying to say is I DO have a problem with MILLIONS of people living off of the system without ever having placed a dime into it. They are here illegally. Period. They are stealing jobs from AMERICANS because they can be employed for cheaper... why?? because they pay no frickin income taxes.

Those who have taken the appropriate actions to become a legal citizen or have obtained a work visa do not bother me. They pay into the system..

TMCNo1
02-05-2009, 11:44 PM
You have to watch this.
TURN IT UP!!!! Way up.
It is the No. 1 song played all over the country. Over 8.0 million hits on YouTube.
You will not hear it on the radio or on the news. I wonder why !!????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEJfS1v-fU0 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEJfS1v-fU0) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEJfS1v-fU0)

RexDog1
02-06-2009, 02:36 PM
Wow I am sorry, my friend Monte, to get you fired up :o

Mad-Dog I see your point, and in no way am I saying the illegal aliens are the route of our problems, but they are a part of it, you know this…. we are both are from California and see this every day, we need to wake up and start thinking about what we are doing,??? the government has lost control and we need to change things fast …… my god we now have a single mother on welfare with 6 kids, and making her celebrity for having 8 more? And the people who think that have the entitlement just because they are on US land??? citizen or not, to health care welfare balbalbalbal…..drives me crazy, Monte is 100% right, the illegal aliens are not the problem BUT they are a piece of the puzzle ……………… and before you call me a racist I am married to a “wetback” but she likes “scratch back”…8p:rolleyes:..LOL, her family came here legally back in the 40s

Monte
02-06-2009, 03:17 PM
Wow I am sorry, my friend Monte, to get you fired up

Mad-Dog I see your point, and in no way am I saying the illegal aliens are the route of our problems, but they are a part of it, you know this…. we are both are from California and see this every day, we need to wake up and start thinking about what we are doing,??? the government has lost control and we need to change things fast …… my god we now have a single mother on welfare with 6 kids, and making her celebrity for having 8 more? And the people who think that have the entitlement just because they are on US land??? citizen or not, to health care welfare balbalbalbal…..drives me crazy, Monte is 100% right, the illegal aliens are not the problem BUT they are a piece of the puzzle ……………… and before you call me a racist I am married to a “wetback” but she likes “scratch back”…8p:rolleyes:..LOL, her family came here legally back in the 40s

No worries:)

I just had to stand in line at the DMV for about two hours on Wednesday:rolleyes:

mad-dog1
02-06-2009, 06:00 PM
No worries:)

I just had to stand in line at the DMV for about two hours on Wednesday:rolleyes:

Monte: the only point I was trying to make is....(My favorite quote below)

"Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem.... We've been tempted to believe that society has become too complex to be managed by self-rule, that government by an elite group is superior to government for, by, and of the people. Well, if no one among us is capable of government himself, then who among us has the capacity to govern someone else? All of us together, in and out of government, must bear the burden. The solutions we seek must be equitable, with no one group singled out to pay a higher price."
Ronald Reagan

I am not in support of illegal immigrants though
We have to start thinking outside the box … (Who benefits at the end on the day)

While illegal aliens take American jobs and don’t pay taxes and sent their earnings to Mexico, (around 20 billion dollars per year according to last year reports by main street media)
The way I see it as long as you drive, smoke, drink, rent, eat and spend money on daily expenses our government gets a piece of the pie… (Sales tax)
And since these folks use fake SS numbers the funds withheld from their check just seem to get lost in the system… (Since they can’t file for income tax refunds)

One has to realize that a lot of the products we make are exported to Mexico and South America. (Eventually these funds always come back into our economy not enough as it should since our government under Clinton managed to pass NAFTA and CAFTA allowing the corporations to bring in their exports with little tax…)
Corporations used to profit south of the border by externalizing the operating costs that they would otherwise have if they kept their operations in the US….. (Again having to do with the bottom line / profits)
Then they realized that Folks in China also have to make a buck and it just happens that their government had set the minimum standards and wages even lower than what it was in Mexico, thus making it more appealing, allowing foreign corporations to set their bases of operations there, I guess the good thing is that china is on the other side of the world otherwise we would have a whole lot of Chinese folks working here illegally…meanwhile Mexicans lost their manufacturing jobs across the border promised by the NAFTA agreement during the Clinton Administration….

***Externalizing costs requires the individual to pay for their own health benefits and retirements if any or letting the general populous take care of these folks when they get sick or older as another form of health and human services; this costs are paid in the form of another tax which then gets passed on to the consumer, general public / middle class…

By the way Corporations here in the US are doing this right now … by hiring new folks as independent contractors for their operations...

20 billion dollars sent to Mexico by the illegals seems like nothing compared to the TRILLIONS of dollars that the Federal Reserve has created to gain more power for them selves….So while the Fed is spreading the wealth around the globe, Banks are cleaning their books from all the bad debt and crazy loans they purchased; (Forced by a democratic congress) now the banks are buying all the foreclosed properties at a fraction of the cost creating another market to further create more profits for them and DEBT AND INTEREST for ourselves…

Huge losses to main street Americans whom invested in the stock market that won’t get a bailout …. My In-law had investments with Wamu and lost almost 60 G’s in this mess… She’s 91 years old by the way, worked for Ford Motor Co for 32 years and also lost her health benefits in this round...

Now the Democracy wants to lend these banks billions at little interest to let you and I borrow it from them at 5% to 30% .depending on your credit history….
And yet no one is accountable for these funds, the Fed refused to disclose who received the TARP funds…
It is obvious to me who owns the house, the senate and congress, since millions of Americans were against the bailouts not sure that was the appropriate action we should take, yet it passed; now hundreds of billions of additional dollars are required to continue this scam since the only thing banks held were worthless paper assets….

I don’t believe at this point that the whole entire problem revolves around illegals, and personally these folks are just trying to make a buck and are willing to work to support their families... it is obvious to me that we have a problem with immigration but I don’t suppose any of us want to work picking tobacco or cleaning restaurant kitchens for “The $6.55 an hour" minimum wage ... I sure don’t…

Rex....
I agree 100 % As far as welfare is concern this government has found a way to create more government jobs …:D
This system has completely fail since for those folks that abuse the system actually earn more being on this system than if they had to get a real job which pays minimum wage…the whole system need to be overhauled, in my opinion you get assistance 3 times in your lifetime and then your SOL…

As I stated before we are all in the same boat, the entire human race is being used by the banks (Whom own these corporations) and we are being slaved further by the FED since they just keep creating money out of thin air, thus generating an additional inflation tax…
(When the prices in the US rise these prices are reflected in higher costs around the globe...)

As it stands my daughter’s grandkids will have to bear this debt….

***NBC Reports suggest this morning that the average family in the US has lost over $6,500.00 in purchasing power due to inflation last year alone that includes you and me…

I think that is important to direct our anger to the people that created this problem and the folks whom are benefiting from it…

In my humble opinion I think is time for all of us to think of ourselves as God’s creatures and not just another race… Since we're ALL getting screwed...!!

I just had to stand in line at the DMV for about two hours on Wednesday...:rolleyes:

" You must not forget to push one for English my friend...."

That's all I have to to say about that....
Forest Gump

The End……
Thank you for reading

TMCNo1
02-07-2009, 04:11 PM
An Obituary You Must Read:

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense,
who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old
he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic
red tape. He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable
lessons as:
- Knowing when to come in out of the rain.
- Why the early bird gets the worm;
- Life isn't always fair.
- And maybe it was my fault.
-Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend
more than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, no children, are in charge).
His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but
overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6-year-old
boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens
suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher
fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.
-Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing
the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their
unruly children. It declined even further when schools were
required to get parental consent to administer sun lotion or an
aspirin to a student; but could not inform parents when a student
became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.
-Common Sense lost the will to live as the churches became
businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their
victims. Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend
yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue
you for assault.
-Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed
to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a
little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.
Common Sense was preceded in death, by his parents, Truth and Trust,
by his wife, Discretion, by his daughter, Responsibility, and by his
son, Reason.
He is survived by his 4 stepbrothers; I Know My Rights, I Want It
Now, Someone Else Is To Blame, and I'm A Victim
Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone..

If you still remember him, pass this on. If not, join the majority
and do nothing!

mad-dog1
02-07-2009, 04:24 PM
I almost cried TMC....:(

Its sad but true,
thank you for posting....

Monte, Rex:
Allow me to Apologize for the rant and rave....:mad:
I just can't stand it any more.....!!

Sorry ...

Monte
02-08-2009, 12:21 AM
I think we are pretty much on the same page mad-dog.. The rant was a good one!

One thing I do have tell though
On the news the other day. There were around 2800 people standing in line for 500 jobs. Some of them had not worked in almost two years. (There have been some major manufacturing job cuts around here as with everywhere else). Some were in sweats, some were in suits. They walked up to this one guy, about 30, white man (not that it matters), looked to be a hard working guy, He was dressed in a suit that he had probably had since High school prom and asked him a couple questions. The one that keeps flashing back to me is when they asked him why he felt like he was the man for the job. He says and I quote. "I have two little daughters at home and I have not worked for a year and a half, and I have looked, I plan to tell them I will sweep the floors for whatever you will pay me just to provide for them something". There are people willing to work for next to nothing these days. Too many jobs are going away daily, somehow we have to stop the flushing sounds..

TMCNo1
02-10-2009, 01:53 PM
Interesting, http://www.theonion.com/content/video/in_the_know_should_the_government

MYMC
02-10-2009, 02:22 PM
Most frightening thing I have ever read:

LiveLeak caught a scary moment of previously undisclosed insight by Paul Kanjorski where he reveals some facts that have not been captured by the media previously. At 2 minutes and 20 seconds in the video below, Democratic Representative Kanjorski explains how the Federal Reserve told Congress members about a "tremendous draw-down of money market accounts in the United States, to the tune of $550 billion dollars." According to Kanjorski, this electronic transfer occurred over the period of an hour or two. And it gets worse. Kanjorski paraphrases the following disclosure by Bernanke and Paulson (emphasis added):

On Thursday (Sept 18), at 11 in the morning the Federal Reserve noticed a tremendous draw-down of money market accounts in the U.S., to the tune of $550 billion was being drawn out in the matter of an hour or two. The Treasury opened up its window to help and pumped a $105 billion in the system and quickly realized that they could not stem the tide. We were having an electronic run on the banks. They decided to close the operation, close down the money accounts and announce a guarantee of $250,000 per account so there wouldn't be further panic out there.

If they had not done that, their estimation was that by 2pm that afternoon, $5.5 trillion would have been drawn out of the money market system of the U.S., would have collapsed the entire economy of the U.S., and within 24 hours the world economy would have collapsed... It would have been the end of our economic system and our political system as we know it...

We are no better off today than we were 3 months ago because we have a decrease in the equity positions of banks because other assets are going sour by the moment.

Interestingly, Kanjorski, and likely more and more Democrats, are starting to shift to the camp that more time is needed to make a correct decision this time (which may explain Geithner's decision to postpone the "bank-rescue" announcement by one day, to Tuesday), instead of rushing into another half-baked plan. Very scary stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD8viQ_DhS4&eurl=http://seekingalpha.com/article/119619-how-the-world-almost-came-to-an-end-on-september-18-2008?source=wildcard&feature=player_embedded

TX.X-30 fan
02-10-2009, 02:41 PM
Thanks MYMC I can sleep better now. :rolleyes:

flipper
02-10-2009, 02:43 PM

you too?:D

MYMC
02-11-2009, 11:35 AM

you too?:D

Sleep? What is this sleep word you are using?

flipper
02-11-2009, 11:53 AM
I think it's some kind of Texas slang

RexDog1
02-11-2009, 01:03 PM
Mike, I could have gone all day without reading that…………….:eek3:

454Prostar190
02-11-2009, 01:52 PM
Interesting, http://www.theonion.com/content/video/in_the_know_should_the_government

This site is pretty funny!

RexDog1
02-11-2009, 05:36 PM
"There is no disagreement that we need action by our government, a recovery plan that will help to jumpstart the economy."
BARACK OBAMA, JANUARY 9 , 2009

With all due respect Mr. President, that is not true.
Notwithstanding reports that all economists are now Keynesians and that we all support a big increase in the burden of government, we do not believe that more government spending is a way to improve economic performance. More government spending by Hoover and Roosevelt did not pull the United States economy out of the Great Depression in the 1930s. More government spending did not solve Japan's "lost decade" in the 1990s. As such, it is a triumph of hope over experience to believe that more government spending will help the U.S. today. To improve the economy, policy makers should focus on reforms that remove impediments to work, saving, investment and production. Lower tax rates and a reduction in the burden of government are the best ways of using fiscal policy to boost growth.

Burton Abrams, Univ. of Delaware
Douglas Adie, Ohio University
Ryan Amacher, Univ. of Texas at Arlington
J.J. Arias, Georgia College & State University
Howard Baetjer, Jr., Towson University
Stacie Beck, Univ. of Delaware
Don Bellante, Univ. of South Florida
James Bennett, George Mason University
Bruce Benson, Florida State University
Sanjai Bhagat, Univ. of Colorado at Boulder
Mark Bils, Univ. of Rochester
Alberto Bisin, New York University
Walter Block, Loyola University New Orleans
Cecil Bohanon, Ball State University
Michele Boldrin, Washington University in St. Louis
Donald Booth, Chapman University
Michael Bordo, Rutgers University
Samuel Bostaph, Univ. of Dallas
Scott Bradford, Brigham Young University
Genevieve Briand, Eastern Washington University
George Brower, Moravian College
James Buchanan, Nobel laureate
Richard Burdekin, Claremont McKenna College
Henry Butler, Northwestern University
William Butos, Trinity College
Peter Calcagno, College of Charleston
Bryan Caplan, George Mason University
Art Carden, Rhodes College
James Cardon, Brigham Young University
Dustin Chambers, Salisbury University
Emily Chamlee-Wright, Beloit College
V.V. Chari, Univ. of Minnesota
Barry Chiswick, Univ. of Illinois at Chicago
Lawrence Cima, John Carroll University
J.R. Clark, Univ. of Tennessee at Chattanooga
Gian Luca Clementi, New York University
R. Morris Coats, Nicholls State University
John Cochran, Metropolitan State College
John Cochrane, Univ. of Chicago
John Cogan, Hoover Institution, Stanford University
John Coleman, Duke University
Boyd Collier, Tarleton State University
Robert Collinge, Univ. of Texas at San Antonio
Lee Coppock, Univ. of Virginia
Mario Crucini, Vanderbilt University
Christopher Culp, Univ. of Chicago
Kirby Cundiff, Northeastern State University
Antony Davies, Duquesne University
John Dawson, Appalachian State University
Clarence Deitsch, Ball State University
Arthur Diamond, Jr., Univ. of Nebraska at Omaha
John Dobra, Univ. of Nevada, Reno
James Dorn, Towson University
Christopher Douglas, Univ. of Michigan, Flint
Floyd Duncan, Virginia Military Institute
Francis Egan, Trinity College
John Egger, Towson University
Kenneth Elzinga, Univ. of Virginia
Paul Evans, Ohio State University
Eugene Fama, Univ. of Chicago
W. Ken Farr, Georgia College & State University
Hartmut Fischer, Univ. of San Francisco
Fred Foldvary, Santa Clara University
Murray Frank, Univ. of Minnesota
Peter Frank, Wingate University
Timothy Fuerst, Bowling Green State University
B. Delworth Gardner, Brigham Young University
John Garen, Univ. of Kentucky
Rick Geddes, Cornell University
Aaron Gellman, Northwestern University
William Gerdes, Clarke College
Michael Gibbs, Univ. of Chicago
Stephan Gohmann, Univ. of Louisville
Rodolfo Gonzalez, San Jose State University
Richard Gordon, Penn State University
Peter Gordon, Univ. of Southern California
Ernie Goss, Creighton University
Paul Gregory, Univ. of Houston
Earl Grinols, Baylor University
Daniel Gropper, Auburn University
R.W. Hafer, Southern Illinois
University, Edwardsville
Arthur Hall, Univ. of Kansas
Steve Hanke, Johns Hopkins
Stephen Happel, Arizona State University
Frank Hefner, College of Charleston
Ronald Heiner, George Mason University
David Henderson, Hoover Institution, Stanford University
Robert Herren, North Dakota State University
Gailen Hite, Columbia University
Steven Horwitz, St. Lawrence University
John Howe, Univ. of Missouri, Columbia
Jeffrey Hummel, San Jose State University
Bruce Hutchinson, Univ. of Tennessee at Chattanooga
Brian Jacobsen, Wisconsin Lutheran College
Jason Johnston, Univ. of Pennsylvania
Boyan Jovanovic, New York University
Jonathan Karpoff, Univ. of Washington
Barry Keating, Univ. of Notre Dame
Naveen Khanna, Michigan State University
Nicholas Kiefer, Cornell University
Daniel Klein, George Mason University
Paul Koch, Univ. of Kansas
Narayana Kocherlakota, Univ. of Minnesota
Marek Kolar, Delta College
Roger Koppl, Fairleigh Dickinson University
Kishore Kulkarni, Metropolitan State College of Denver
Deepak Lal, UCLA
George Langelett, South Dakota State University
James Larriviere, Spring Hill College
Robert Lawson, Auburn University
John Levendis, Loyola University New Orleans
David Levine, Washington University in St. Louis
Peter Lewin, Univ. of Texas at Dallas
Dean Lillard, Cornell University
Zheng Liu, Emory University
Alan Lockard, Binghampton University
Edward Lopez, San Jose State University
John Lunn, Hope College
Glenn MacDonald, Washington
University in St. Louis
Michael Marlow, California
Polytechnic State University
Deryl Martin, Tennessee Tech University
Dale Matcheck, Northwood University
Deirdre McCloskey, Univ. of Illinois, Chicago
John McDermott, Univ. of South Carolina
Joseph McGarrity, Univ. of Central Arkansas
Roger Meiners, Univ. of Texas at Arlington
Allan Meltzer, Carnegie Mellon University
John Merrifield, Univ. of Texas at San Antonio
James Miller III, George Mason University
Jeffrey Miron, Harvard University
Thomas Moeller, Texas Christian University
John Moorhouse, Wake Forest University
Andrea Moro, Vanderbilt University
Andrew Morriss, Univ. of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Michael Munger, Duke University
Kevin Murphy, Univ. of Southern California
Richard Muth, Emory University
Charles Nelson, Univ. of Washington
Seth Norton, Wheaton College
Lee Ohanian, Univ. of California, Los Angeles
Lydia Ortega, San Jose State University
Evan Osborne, Wright State University
Randall Parker, East Carolina University
Donald Parsons, George Washington University
Sam Peltzman, Univ. of Chicago
Mark Perry, Univ. of Michigan, Flint
Christopher Phelan, Univ. of Minnesota
Gordon Phillips, Univ. of Maryland
Michael Pippenger, Univ. of Alaska, Fairbanks
Tomasz Piskorski, Columbia University
Brennan Platt, Brigham Young University
Joseph Pomykala, Towson University
William Poole, Univ. of Delaware
Barry Poulson, Univ. of Colorado at Boulder
Benjamin Powell, Suffolk University
Edward Prescott, Nobel laureate
Gary Quinlivan, Saint Vincent College
Reza Ramazani, Saint Michael's College
Adriano Rampini, Duke University
Eric Rasmusen, Indiana University
Mario Rizzo, New York University
Richard Roll, Univ. of California, Los Angeles
Robert Rossana, Wayne State University
James Roumasset, Univ. of Hawaii at Manoa
John Rowe, Univ. of South Florida
Charles Rowley, George Mason University
Juan Rubio-Ramirez, Duke University
Roy Ruffin, Univ. of Houston
Kevin Salyer, Univ. of California, Davis
Pavel Savor, Univ. of Pennsylvania
Ronald Schmidt, Univ. of Rochester
Carlos Seiglie, Rutgers University
William Shughart II, Univ. of Mississippi
Charles Skipton, Univ. of Tampa
James Smith, Western Carolina University
Vernon Smith, Nobel laureate
Lawrence Southwick, Jr., Univ. at Buffalo
Dean Stansel, Florida Gulf Coast University
Houston Stokes, Univ. of Illinois at Chicago
Brian Strow, Western Kentucky University
Shirley Svorny, California State
University, Northridge
John Tatom, Indiana State University
Wade Thomas, State University of New York at Oneonta
Henry Thompson, Auburn University
Alex Tokarev, The King's College
Edward Tower, Duke University
Leo Troy, Rutgers University
David Tuerck, Suffolk University
Charlotte Twight, Boise State University
Kamal Upadhyaya, Univ. of New Haven
Charles Upton, Kent State University
T. Norman Van Cott, Ball State University
Richard Vedder, Ohio University
Richard Wagner, George Mason University
Douglas M. Walker, College of Charleston
Douglas O. Walker, Regent University
Christopher Westley, Jacksonville State University
Lawrence White, Univ. of Missouri at St. Louis
Walter Williams, George Mason University
Doug Wills, Univ. of Washington Tacoma
Dennis Wilson, Western Kentucky University
Gary Wolfram, Hillsdale College
Huizhong Zhou, Western Michigan University
Additional economists who have signed the statement

Lee Adkins, Oklahoma State University
William Albrecht, Univ. of Iowa
Donald Alexander, Western Michigan University
Geoffrey Andron, Austin Community College
Nathan Ashby, Univ. of Texas at El Paso
George Averitt, Purdue North Central University
Charles Baird, California State University, East Bay
Timothy Bastian, Creighton University
John Bethune, Barton College
Robert Bise, Orange Coast College
Karl Borden, University of Nebraska
Donald Boudreaux, George Mason University
Ivan Brick, Rutgers University
Phil Bryson, Brigham Young University
Richard Burkhauser, Cornell University
Edwin Burton, Univ. of Virginia
Jim Butkiewicz, Univ. of Delaware
Richard Cebula, Armstrong Atlantic State University
Don Chance, Louisiana State University
Robert Chatfield, Univ. of Nevada, Las Vegas
Lloyd Cohen, George Mason University
Peter Colwell, Univ. of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Michael Connolly, Univ. of Miami
Jim Couch, Univ. of North Alabama
Eleanor Craig, Univ. of Delaware
Michael Daniels, Columbus State University
A. Edward Day, Univ. of Texas at Dallas
Stephen Dempsey, Univ. of Vermont
Allan DeSerpa, Arizona State University
William Dewald, Ohio State University
Jeff Dorfman, Univ. of Georgia
Lanny Ebenstein, Univ. of California, Santa Barbara
Michael Erickson, The College of Idaho
Jack Estill, San Jose State University
Dorla Evans, Univ. of Alabama in Huntsville
Frank Falero, California State University, Bakersfield
Daniel Feenberg, National Bureau of Economic Research
Eric Fisher, California Polytechnic State University
Arthur Fleisher, Metropolitan State College of Denver
William Ford, Middle Tennessee State University
Ralph Frasca, Univ. of Dayton
Joseph Giacalone, St. John's University
Adam Gifford, California State Unviersity, Northridge
Otis Gilley, Louisiana Tech University
J. Edward Graham, University of North Carolina at Wilmington
Richard Grant, Lipscomb University
Gauri-Shankar Guha, Arkansas State University
Darren Gulla, Univ. of Kentucky
Dennis Halcoussis, California State University, Northridge
Richard Hart, Miami University
James Hartley, Mount Holyoke College
Thomas Hazlett, George Mason University
Scott Hein, Texas Tech University
Bradley Hobbs, Florida Gulf Coast University
John Hoehn, Michigan State University
Daniel Houser, George Mason University
Thomas Howard, University of Denver
Chris Hughen, Univ. of Denver
Marcus Ingram, Univ. of Tampa
Joseph Jadlow, Oklahoma State University
Sherry Jarrell, Wake Forest University
Carrie Kerekes, Florida Gulf Coast University
Robert Krol, California State University, Northridge
James Kurre, Penn State Erie
Tom Lehman, Indiana Wesleyan University
W. Cris Lewis, Utah State University
Stan Liebowitz, Univ. of Texas at Dallas
Anthony Losasso, Univ. of Illinois at Chicago
John Lott, Jr., Univ. of Maryland
Keith Malone, Univ. of North Alabama
Henry Manne, George Mason University
Richard Marcus, Univ. of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Timothy Mathews, Kennesaw State University
John Matsusaka, Univ. of Southern California
Thomas Mayor, Univ. of Houston
W. Douglas McMillin, Louisiana State University
Mario Miranda, The Ohio State University
Ed Miseta, Penn State Erie
James Moncur, Univ. of Hawaii at Manoa
Charles Moss, Univ. of Florida
Tim Muris, George Mason University
John Murray, Univ. of Toledo
David Mustard, Univ. of Georgia
Steven Myers, Univ. of Akron
Dhananjay Nanda, University of Miami
Stephen Parente, Univ. of Minnesota
Allen Parkman, Univ. of New Mexico
Douglas Patterson, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and University
Timothy Perri, Appalachian State University
Mark Pingle, Univ. of Nevada, Reno
Ivan Pongracic, Hillsdale College
Robert Prati, East Carolina University
Richard Rawlins, Missouri Southern State University
Thomas Rhee, California State University, Long Beach
Christine Ries, Georgia Institute of Technology
Nancy Roberts, Arizona State University
Larry Ross, Univ. of Alaska Anchorage
Timothy Roth, Univ. of Texas at El Paso
Atulya Sarin, Santa Clara University
Thomas Saving, Texas A&M University
Eric Schansberg, Indiana University Southeast
John Seater, North Carolina University
Alan Shapiro, Univ. of Southern California
Thomas Simmons, Greenfield Community College
Frank Spreng, McKendree University
Judith Staley Brenneke, John Carroll University
John E. Stapleford, Eastern University
Courtenay Stone, Ball State University
Avanidhar Subrahmanyam, UCLA
Scott Sumner, Bentley University
Clifford Thies, Shenandoah University
William Trumbull, West Virginia University
A. Sinan Unur, Cornell University
Randall Valentine, Georgia Southwestern State University
Gustavo Ventura, Univ. of Iowa
Marc Weidenmier, Claremont McKenna College
Robert Whaples, Wake Forest University
Gene Wunder, Washburn University
John Zdanowicz, Florida International University
Jerry Zimmerman, Univ. of Rochester
Joseph Zoric, Franciscan University of Steubenville

wakeX2wake
02-11-2009, 05:53 PM
dang... i was just checking through and almost every one i googled turned up as a dean of business division of that college or at least a PhD... wonder if that was an actual petition...

RexDog1
02-11-2009, 05:58 PM
dang... i was just checking through and almost every one i googled turned up as a dean of business division of that college or at least a PhD... wonder if that was an actual petition...

I don’t believe CHIT in the press …. But everything I have read on the internet is true :rolleyes:

wakeX2wake
02-11-2009, 06:02 PM
I don’t believe CHIT in the press …. But everything I have read on the internet is true :rolleyes:

i was it on teamtalk... its got to be... and that's it...

Sodar... i think it's warm enough to start dialing in the twin engine PP on the 280 on the slalom course... i'm ready to hit it... been a long winter

D3skier
02-12-2009, 10:24 AM
I'd be curious to what congress would have to say as to why gas prices are going up when the price of crude is dropping

wakeX2wake
02-12-2009, 11:18 AM
food for thought

TMCNo1
02-12-2009, 11:19 AM
I'd be curious to what congress would have to say as to why gas prices are going up when the price of crude is dropping
Apparently that's the last thing on the administrations mind now! But, after prices gets out of hand again and the oil companies start reporting excessive record profits, it hits the news and someone will say, "Oh, we have a problem", then it will be addressed. We American's have short memories and the government knows it!

MYMC
02-12-2009, 01:51 PM
the oil companies start reporting excessive record profits,
Easy there Pelosi! Excessive profits...please define excessive...

Monte
02-12-2009, 02:58 PM

That depends on how much excess of the excessive the politicians can put in their pockets:rolleyes:

KnoxX2
02-12-2009, 03:00 PM
Or pay off things.

TMCNo1
02-12-2009, 03:32 PM

I guess excessive means when the earning are announced the administration starts talking about taxing the profits, would the price of fuel drop to take the pressure off the oil companies and the cycle starts all over again.

MYMC
02-12-2009, 03:55 PM
I guess excessive means when the earning are announced the administration starts talking about taxing the profits, would the price of fuel drop to take the pressure off the oil companies and the cycle starts all over again.
Ok...whew...I agree any tax is passed on to the consumer...we all know what runs down hill and somehow we all ended up at the bottom!

TX.X-30 fan
02-12-2009, 10:14 PM
Gas drops and refineries do maintinance and various stuff. Refineries are not making a killing and the big bad oil companies make less than the fed. govt per gallon.

Edit: Gas has not dropped a sh!tting shilling in Europe or Canada since the crude drop?????

Our system works when its allowed to work.

RexDog1
02-13-2009, 11:10 AM
The US voted for change……………… we are getting change………………….. this is going to be BAD……:o:(:noface::rant:

SURPRISE! Dems Break Promise: Stimulus Bill to Floor Friday
by Connie Hair

02/12/2009

In a press conference Thursday, the House Republican leadership spoke candidly about being kept out of the House-Senate conference on the Obama-Pelosi-Reid so-called “economic stimulus” bill. They confirmed they had not yet seen the text of the bill as of 4 p.m.

Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) said he was unsure how many Democrats would vote with Republicans again on this bill but that he thought Republicans “may get a few” Democrats to side with them. The fact that the Demos have now broken their promise to have the public able to see the bill for 48 hours may drive more Dems into the Republican camp.

“ don’t know, ‘cause they haven’t seen the bill either,” Boehner said.

“The American people have a right to know what’s in this bill,” Rep. Mike Pence (R-Ind) told HUMAN EVENTS after the press conference. “Every member of Congress -- Republicans and Democrats -- voted to post this bill on the internet for 48 hours, 48 hours ago. We’ll see if the Democrats keep their word.”

Actually -- as of 5:15 pm, the Democrats had broken their word. The stimulus bill -- which we still haven’t seen -- will be released late tonight and will be brought up on the House floor at 9 am tomorrow.

The following statement was released by Majority Leader Steny Hoyer at 4:57 p.m.:

"The House is scheduled to meet at 9:00 a.m. tomorrow and is expected to proceed directly to consideration of the American Recovery and Reinvestment conference report. The conference report text will be filed this evening, giving members enough time to review the conference report before voting on it tomorrow afternoon."

Meanwhile, at an earlier presser Thursday, Pelosi -- while talking about legislation regarding school construction funds -- said it was vital to see the language of a bill before making decisions. ReadtheStimulus.org had the following quote:

“With all of this you have to see the language. You said this --- I said that --- I understood it to be this way --- you know, we wanted to see it in writing and when we did that then we were able to go forward."

"Around here language means a lot. Words weigh a ton and one person's understanding of a spoken description might vary from another's. We wanted to see it. And not only just I had to see it, I had to show it to my colleagues and my caucus. We wanted to take all the time that was necessary to make sure it was right."

Congressional members are also exchanging barbs via the popular social network Twitter. Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.) twittered, "Don't know when we're going to vote. Will the no votes delay vote just because they can? Speed is important. They know that."

House Republican Whip Eric Cantor (R-Va.) twittered back, “Those in favor of speed over commonsense may just be afraid of letting the People know what they are ramming through.”

wakeX2wake
02-13-2009, 11:48 AM
i mean its just a few law makers operating as a part of the most powerful government in the world... why would you want to give it much thought?... i say skim through it once and if you don't see any misspelled words the give 'er the 'ole john hancock and roll it on to the next guy in line... surely there's too many of them to get this thing wrong anyways right?

Monte
02-13-2009, 11:55 AM
I have been following the "stimulus" package very closely. IMHO the reason they don't want you to see it is due to the overwhelming amount of pork in it. We are wasting billions on crap that will never help the economy. It is basiclly a payback to the large businesses and entities that got Obama elected in the first place.

Look on the bright side Rex. At least we are saving the marsh mice of San Fran..

6ballsisall
02-13-2009, 11:58 AM
I have been following the "stimulus" package very closely. IMHO the reason they don't want you to see it is due to the overwhelming amount of pork in it. We are wasting billions on crap that will never help the economy. It is basiclly a payback to the large businesses and entities that got Obama elected in the first place.

Look on the bright side Rex. At least we are saving the marsh mice of San Fran..

Tru Dat

Had a discussion about Pork spending and earmarks this morning with a fellow TT'er. The very thought of "buying" votes in Washington to get something passed that was SUPPOSE to be FOR the American people absolutely disgusts me.

Monte
02-13-2009, 01:02 PM
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/02/13/final-draft-on-stimulus-bill-complete-with-last-minute-edits/?hp

Click the link above to see what whe plan to "stimulate". Look for the links in the text. Warning, the zeros can get a little overwhelming,

RexDog1
02-13-2009, 02:52 PM

Ok I got it!!!!!!!!!!!! We all dress up as Indians ….. You with me so far?:rolleyes: And we all go to Boston and dump all the tea in the bay, that will show them………………… WHO IS WITH ME!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Monte
02-13-2009, 03:36 PM
Ok I got it!!!!!!!!!!!! We all dress up as Indians ….. You with me so far?:rolleyes: And we all go to Boston and dump all the tea in the bay, that will show them………………… WHO IS WITH ME!!!!!!:rolleyes:

I'm in!!

Wait! Who gets to be tonto:confused:

TX.X-30 fan
02-13-2009, 03:50 PM
It is all pork, no jobs. Sadly no one cares that we are losing our country at an alarming rate.

No one will buy this new debt so we are monetizing the funding, Printing Money backed by nothing.

TMCNo1
02-14-2009, 11:19 AM
Well, it looks like the stimulus package passed both houses!
I haven't felt this stimulated since I found my first National Geographic magazine with pictures of naked women at age 8!:rolleyes:

mad-dog1
02-14-2009, 11:46 AM
Well, for us in LA we'll have our very "OWN" rail line from Anaheim CA directly into Vegas.....
It's only gonna cost 8 billion bucks....:banana:

Well be able to go to Vegas to spend money we ain't got....!!

Who said our government didn't care about spending funds for the good of the people.. :rolleyes:
and stimulate our economy all at the same time..... :D

That's a hell of a plan......(Boy are we screwed..... :rolleyes:)

TX.X-30 fan
02-14-2009, 11:51 AM
Well, for us in LA we'll have our very "OWN" rail line from Anaheim CA directly into Vegas.....
It's only gonna cost 8 billion bucks
Well be able to go to Vegas to spend money we ain't got....!!

Who said our government didn't care about spending funds for the good of the people.. :rolleyes:
and stimulate our economy all at the same time..... :D

That's a hell of a plan......(Boy are we screwed..... :)

You are getting new school buildings in the porkulus stimulus plan to make your kids smarter. I see Cali making a big move from 48th place. :D

mad-dog1
02-14-2009, 11:55 AM
Now it all makes sense, I guess that's why they're cutting the school year by 5 days...That'll help them kids right....:confused:
More funding, less teachers hours = More waste full spending on bureaucracy....Makes sense to me....:D

TX.X-30 fan
02-14-2009, 12:01 PM
You have it figured out, so help me with this one. Cali is issuing bonds and since no one will buy them they are going to buy their own bonds??? Help????

mad-dog1
02-14-2009, 12:09 PM
That or sell these at a flea market for food stamps....China may buy some I suppose....:rolleyes:
Were good for it....I guess is what they're thinking....well get everyone to work three jobs and rent them all the foreclosed houses for cheap...to generate more state taxes...:D

BTW I crack every time I read your signature from BigMac....tempting...!!

Witness140
02-14-2009, 12:40 PM
Under the stimulus legislation, purchasers of new cars, light trucks, motor homes and motorcycles will be able to deduct the sales tax they pay through the end of this year, a provision with an estimated cost of $1.7 billion. Including recreational vehicles and motorcycles added about $100 million to the cost of the tax break, according to calculations based on revenue estimates by the congressional Joint Committee on Taxation.

Special congrats goes out to the marine and boating industries for not getting in on this. LOL. Someone missed the boat.

TMCNo1
02-14-2009, 10:36 PM
This is a interesting read,

http://d.yimg.com/img.news.yahoo.com/util/anysize/100,http%3A%2F%2Fd.yimg.com%2Fa%2Fp%2Fap%2F2009021 1%2Fcapt.20fc076a0c1e439ebdb3d2008592e3d9.charlott e_banks_nccb205.jpg?v=2 (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090214/ap_on_bi_ge/charlotte_banks;_ylt=ArMBuQ9LVWgBPCMsGeqKWdUDW7oF)
Charlotte in same prediciment as Wall Street!
AP - Sat Feb 14, 3:46 PM ET .

CHARLOTTE, N.C. – The financial collapse has hit the city known as Wall Street South. For years, Bank of America Corp. and Wachovia Corp. helped turn Charlotte into a financial powerhouse. Now, the big banks have thrust it into the same predicament as the real Wall Street — the city is losing thousands of jobs and an unquantifiable amount of prestige. Residents who invested heavily in the banks have seen their wealth dissipate and lifestyles change radically.
"It's kind of sad, disheartening because the banks have been the backbone of Charlotte for so long," said Carl Clayton, a 55-year-old retired school teacher.
The loss of so many bank jobs is causing upheaval in other industries. Consumers who have been laid off or fear being out of work are curtailing their spending, forcing restaurants and retailers to close — among them Morton's, a high-end steakhouse, and a 15-month-old Home Depot Design Center. Even some of the Charlotte's lively night clubs have shuttered their doors.
"There's a bit of a state of disbelief," said Bob Morgan, president of the Charlotte Chamber of Commerce. "We are seeing things happen that no one else has contemplated before."
Charlotte remains the nation's second-biggest bank town by assets — second to New York, and in front of San Francisco. But, Morgan said, "we don't know what the city is going to look like once we emerge."
"We do know that tremendous wealth has already been lost."
A big reason why is the amount of banking shares owned by people who have worked for Wachovia, now owned by Wells Fargo & Co., and Bank of America. Both have used their stock to compensate employees.
Bank of America's shares have been among the hardest hit among financial companies. The company has lost more than 56 percent of its value since it closed on its acquisition of investment bank Merrill Lynch & Co. at the beginning of the year. The stock is down nearly 85 percent from a year ago.
Last year, before Wachovia was acquired by Wells Fargo, its shares had slid 85 percent.
Clayton estimates he has lost about $60,000 because of stock holdings in the two banks, along with other North Carolina banks, including BB&T Corp.
"I had a lot of bank stock, but now it's gone," Clayton said. "What wealth I had, is gone."
Residents and employees never expected such a downfall. Wachovia, once headquartered in Winston-Salem, N.C., joined the Top 5 ranks of national banks after it was acquired by Charlotte-based First Union Corp. in 2001. The combined company took Wachovia's name.
Banker Hugh McColl Jr. led NationsBank Corp. through some 70 acquisitions starting in the early 1980s. His biggest coup was San Francisco-based BankAmerica Corp., a financial institution bigger than NationsBank. He adopted the name and also moved the headquarters to Charlotte.
Some say Charlotte's troubles began in 2006, when Wachovia acquired mortgage lender Golden West Financial Corp. for roughly $25 billion at the height of the housing boom. With that purchase, Wachovia inherited a $122 billion portfolio of deteriorating mortgages, leaving the company with huge losses. Charlotte residents were unnerved as they watched Wachovia falter and then be taken over by Wells Fargo in what amounted to a fire sale late last year.
Down the street, at Bank of America, things were looking just as bleak. A series of bad bets in the investment banking unit over the past year sank companywide profits, and as Bank of America completed its acquisition of struggling investment bank Merrill Lynch & Co., shareholders watched its stock price slide to historic lows.
Both Wells Fargo and Bank of America have said they remain "committed" to Charlotte.
Wells Fargo, based in San Francisco, has said Charlotte will be its eastern headquarters, though it remains unclear exactly what that means. The fear is that Wells Fargo, as it completes its integration of Wachovia, will keep shedding Charlotte positions. Wachovia has about 20,000 employees in the city.
Bank of America, meanwhile, with about 15,000 employees in Charlotte, is eliminating some 35,000 jobs companywide.
North Carolina already has nearly 400,000 unemployed workers. The jobless rate was 8.7 percent in December, the highest since 1983, according to the most recent available data.
Charlotte, with a population of nearly 700,000, is the 20th-largest city in the country. About 45 percent of the residents of its home county, Mecklenburg, make more than $50,000 a year, according to data supplied by the Charlotte Chamber of Commerce.
Outside the downtown offices buildings filled with bank employees, there's a sense of disbelief as people huddle together drinking coffee or smoking cigarettes and then shuffle off to their jobs. When a reporter approached employees for interviews, they declined to speak, or said they didn't want to give their names, worried about keeping their jobs.
Charlotte relies on the banks for more than employment — its lifestyle, even its skyline has depended on Wachovia and Bank of America.
Wachovia sponsors the city's annual PGA tournament, among the most popular on tour, while Bank of America's name is on the football stadium and the bank is a sponsor of one of NASCAR's top auto races. Both fill towering downtown office buildings — Wells Fargo, now by way of Wachovia, is building a 48-story headquarters and adjoining city arts campus. The bankers and traders who work for both helped create the demand — and now vacancies — for the high-rise condos near by.
"I have received more calls over the past month from people wanting to list their homes, with a majority of them having financial problems," said Rich Ferretti, a broker at Jamison Reality in Matthews, a suburb of Charlotte.
Stores in the city's affluent SouthPark area are less crowded on the weekends. And a recent happy hour at Capital Grille, located just across from Bank of America's headquarters, was sparsely attended.
Charlotte also faces civic and philanthropic repercussions. Unlike Wachovia, Wells Fargo's executives have few North Carolina ties. Bank of America typically offers up the lead gift on projects.
"We will honor our existing commitments and we are still in the process of determining any future commitments," Wells Fargo spokeswoman Mary Eshet said.
Now, the city is waiting for major changes.
"A lot of our friends work for the banks," said Leslie Hunter, a 38-year-old mother of two. "People are not stopping everything, but their awareness has increased."
After being laid off from his bank consulting job 11 months ago, Jim Edwards' daily routine of networking, applying for jobs and going to the gym keeps his spirits up.
"I've been out of work and living on my retirement income," said the 62-year-old, who added it's been a struggle finding employment because no one is hiring.
While many unknowns remain, Mayor Pat McCrory is optimistic.
"Charlotte does have very strong resilience and I anticipate that a lot of the talent that's moving out of the banks will stay," he said in an interview with The Associated Press.
Some job relief may be moving in. GMAC Financial Services and Morgan Stanley are rumored to be looking to move at least parts of their companies to the Charlotte area.
GMAC Financial Service's chief executive, Al G. de Molina, used to be Bank of America's chief financial officer. Morgan Stanley has already hired at least four former Wachovia executives to help the New York-based firm's retail banking expansion effort.
McCrory wouldn't talk about the two firms, but said the large amount of talent in Charlotte will "attract others in the financial services industry to set up here."
"We're going through a major adjustment, but when the economy rebounds, I think Charlotte will rebound the quickest," he said.

TMCNo1
02-15-2009, 10:09 AM
We watched the CNBC 2 hour presentation of "House of Cards" about the collapse of the housing and mortgage industry. It is scary how Allen Greenspan couldn't figure out how some of it worked, much less the overseas sellers that sold the mortgage products as investments and the investors who invested millions for quick, easy money, all of it packaged by lenders and sold to Wall Street, who were unregulated/unsupervised in the mortgage industry!
If you get a chance, check the TV schedule and watch it, makes you think!
http://www.cnbc.com/id/29147484/for/cnbc/
."HOUSE OF CARDS" will repeat on Sunday, February 15th at 9PM and Monday, February 16th

mad-dog1
02-15-2009, 11:56 AM
Agreed:
Although I should point out....

The Federal Reserve is no more Federal than Federal Express....

A private banking institution that introduced the "Fractional System".....
Its how it works, Greenspan Knows it.. :rolleyes:

This system being legal, Allowed these banks to lend huge amounts with only 10% securities / assets behind it, 4 additional banks were forced to close last week by the The Federal Deposit Insurance Corp....

Once the Savings account holders, Investors, car loans, home loans, (any type of promissory debt note considered assets by the banks) Withdrew their funds or lost their value these banks became worthless..!!

IMHO All the banks lend way too much money with nothing behind it ....( 0% oversight)

They also earn a lot of free money from folks whom might of cheat it to buy a house but at the end of the day end it up on the street with nothing, While some of the Federal Reserve member banks got a bailout.....

Now the Fed has to print a lot of money to restore confidence in the markets before the private investors will take their chances again .......

A clear sign of inflation though ...I'm still wondering when someone is gonna ask our government why were still paying $2.37 per gallon of gas when its only being traded at $38.00 per barrel.....and not $140.00 like it was last summer...(Yet California is broke??)

Its all funny money to begin with anyway...:D

TMCNo1
02-15-2009, 02:28 PM
A clear sign of inflation though ...I'm still wondering when someone is gonna ask our government why were still paying $2.37 per gallon of gas when its only being traded at $38.00 per barrel.....and not $140.00 like it was last summer..

This is one of many BS answers!

Crude oil is getting cheaper — so why isn't gas?
NEW YORK – Crude oil prices have fallen to new lows for this year. So you'd think gas prices would sink right along with them.
Not so.
On Thursday, for example, crude oil closed just under $34 a barrel, its lowest point for 2009. But the national average price of a gallon of gas rose to $1.95 on the same day, its peak for the year. On Friday gas went a penny higher.
To drivers once again grimacing as they tank up, it sounds like a conspiracy. But it has more to do with an energy market turned upside-down that has left gas cut off from its usual economic moorings.
The price of gas is indeed tied to oil. It's just a matter of which oil.
The benchmark for crude oil prices is West Texas Intermediate, drilled exactly where you would imagine. That's the price, set at the New York Mercantile Exchange, that you see quoted on business channels and in the morning paper.
Right now, in an unusual market trend, West Texas crude is selling for much less than inferior grades of crude from other places around the world. A severe economic downturn has left U.S. storage facilities brimming with it, sending prices for the premium crude to five-year lows.
But it is the overseas crude that goes into most of the gas made in the United States. So prices at the pump will probably keep going up no matter what happens to the benchmark price of crude oil.
"We're going definitely over $2, and I bet we'll hit $2.50 before spring," said Tom Kloza, publisher and chief oil analyst at Oil Price Information Service. "This is going to be an unusual year."
On the last day of 2008, gas went for $1.62 on average, according to the auto club AAA, the Oil Price Information Service and Wright Express, a company that tracks transportation data.
The recession in America has dramatically cut demand for crude oil, and inventories are piling up. So prices for West Texas crude have fallen well below what oil costs from places like the North Sea, Saudi Arabia and South America.
That foreign oil sells in some cases for $10 more per barrel — and that doesn't even include shipping.
Brent North Sea crude, which feeds some East Coast refineries — and therefore winds up at many gas pumps around America — now costs about $7 more per barrel than the West Texas crude. Deutsche Bank analysts say the trend should continue.
Historically, West Texas International crude has cost more. So nobody bothered building the necessary pipelines to carry it beyond the nearby refineries in the Midwest, parts of Texas and a handful of other places.
Now that the premium oil is suddenly very inexpensive, refiners elsewhere can't get their hands on it.
"It's so cheap," said Lynn Westphall, the senior VP of external affairs at San Antonio-based Tesoro, which owns a half dozen refineries on the West Coast and Hawaii. "But you can't just build a pipeline to everywhere. We know we can't get it."
Tesoro's refineries in North Dakota and Utah use locally drilled oil and Canadian oil, which also has been running about $10 more per barrel than West Texas crude.
So why not build more pipelines? Because investing billions of dollars over several years makes no sense when the prices could just flip a year from now to where they were before.
"How long is WTI going to be cheaper than Venezuelan oil? Than Canadian?" asked Charles T. Drevna, president of the National Petrochemical and Refiners Association. "You just don't build a pipeline like that."
At the same time, refiners have seen the same headlines as everyone else about job losses and consumer spending. They've slashed production just to avoid taking losses on gasoline no one will buy. Result: Higher gas prices.
"Why should a refiner produce more gasoline when the stuff we produce is not being used?" Drevna said.
Of course, complex explanations of the diverging price paths of West Texas crude and gas are unlikely to placate frustrated drivers. Memories of last summer's $4-plus gas have not receded.
"Drivers are being ripped off even more now than before," said Stuart Pollok, who was filling up recently at a Chevron station in downtown Los Angeles. He pointed out Exxon Mobil Corp. reeled in billions in profits last year when oil prices neared $150.
Others see the conspiracy reaching higher.
"It got really low during the elections and now it's going back up," said Christel Sayegh, a 23-year-old graphic designer in Los Angeles. "They do that every election, though, right?"
___
AP Energy Writer John Porretto reported this story from Houston. Associated Press Writers Jennifer Malloy and Ryan Nakashima in Los Angeles contributed to this story.

MYMC
02-16-2009, 12:11 PM
No one will buy this new debt so we are monetizing the funding, Printing Money backed by nothing.
You know what is next...right...the big "I"

TMCNo1
02-19-2009, 07:58 PM
How government contractings work

Three contractors are bidding to fix a broken fence at the White House in D.C.; One from Illinois, one from Tennessee, and a third from Kentucky. They all go with a White House official to examine the fence.

The Tennessee contractor takes out a tape measure and does some measuring, then works some figures with a pencil. 'Well', he says, 'I figure the job will run about $900: $400 for materials, $400 for my crew and $100 profit for me.'

The Kentucky contractor also does some measuring and figuring, then says, 'I can do this job for $700: $300 for materials, $300 for my crew and $100 profit for me.'

The Illinois contractor doesn't measure or figure, but leans over to the White House official and whispers, '$2,700.' The official, incredulous, whispers back, 'You didn't even measure like the other guys! How did you come up with such a high figure?'

The Illinois contractor whispers back, '$1000 for me, $1000 for you, and we hire that guy from Kentucky to fix the fence.'

'Done!' replies the government official.

And that my friends, is how it all works ! !

TMCNo1
02-21-2009, 07:57 PM
Yea right!
Official: Obama wants to halve budget deficit (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090221/ap_on_go_pr_wh/obama_budget;_ylt=AtaJW1tsPwsTHgyTjGYUxlWs0NUE;_yl u=X3oDMTI2NGJtaTRwBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMDkwMjIxL29iYW1h X2J1ZGdldARwb3MDMgRzZWMDeW5fdG9wX3N0b3J5BHNsawNvZm ZpY2lhbG9iYW0-)

AP – 58 mins ago WASHINGTON – Barack Obama wants to cut the federal deficit in half by the end of his first term, mostly by scaling back Iraq war spending, raising taxes on the wealthiest and streamlining government, an administration official said Saturday as the president worked to finalize his first budget request.

TX.X-30 fan
02-21-2009, 08:06 PM
Change!!!!!!

shepherd
02-21-2009, 09:20 PM
And that my friends, is how it all works !

No, it doesn't.

Funny though! 8p

TMCNo1
02-26-2009, 12:11 PM
This sign says a lot,

flipper
02-26-2009, 12:18 PM
I am so stoned

TMCNo1
03-06-2009, 07:52 PM
I found this interesting, true or not,

Sometimes it takes someone from 'The Outside' to look in and see what idiots we Americans can be!

A Letter from an English Woman

Now let me get this straight: You hired a man with virtually no experience, and mysterious past who might not even be a natural born citizen to be your president... and who derives all his experience from the seat of all corruption... Chicago. His first act was try to give a trillion of your dollars to Wall Street crooks with absolutely no accountability and he is still trying mightily.. The people who already got your money were caught trying to buy a jet plane bought outside your country. The parties who have received your money and spent it are already legend. We think that within six months the next monies will be partied out and they will be back for more! His nominee for Sec of the Treasury is a tax evader. He was confirmed nevertheless. The next three whom he nominated were all tax evaders. Two of them had to withdraw on the same day. Your President promised that absolutely no lobbyists would be part of his administration. Already three of the biggest lobbyists in the country are on his team.
Who fed you Americans a whopping dose of stupid? We grieve for the loss of your Constitution, common sense, and morality. I doubt if the Crown would take you back.

Greta Marley
London SW1

TMCNo1
03-06-2009, 09:35 PM
So, so true!

Did you know that President Obama signed his stimulus package at the same desk where President Clinton got his package stimulated?

TMCNo1
05-29-2009, 07:46 PM
THIS VIDEO SAYS IT ALL AND CALLS FOR US TO ACT.

Don't miss seeing this video, it's alarming but so true.

Worthy of Forwarding.

Subject: Thomas Paine-Must SEE-Right On -

Thomas Paine

The following video is by a guy named Dr. Bob Basso acting as Thomas Paine. Since the release of this video, he has been requested (??summoned??) to come to the White house to meet with Obama. Seems Obama was "disturbed" by this presentation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8kLaEuAoxg

fletch_n_me
05-30-2009, 12:21 AM
That made me want to throw up. It's all true.

However do we know why Rome fell? Non Romans outnumbered Romans - there were less patriots than naysayers. I pray that this is not our future but fear that it is.

Secession anyone?