PDA

View Full Version : Clarion CMD 5

wakeX2wake
01-26-2009, 01:45 PM
i'm 95% sure i'm upgrading to this head unit this year from the CMD 4... i really like the mp3 cd feature needless to say... so to the question... does anyone know if this will be a simple replacement w/ the same harnesses or will there be some re-wiring going on?

it would really be nice if they would put an AUX input on the face of this thing too... only mp3 player input on mine is by the throttle and i usually let someone else DJ and the cable is a pain

Sodar
01-26-2009, 01:54 PM
Pretty sure it is the same connection. It was on my old boat when I went from the XMD1 to the XMD3...

What about the new CMD 6 (http://clarion.com/us/en/products/2009/marine/source_units/CMD6/us-en-product-pf_1172409026888.html)?

Or the new CMV1 (http://clarion.com/us/en/products/2009/marine/source_units/CMV1/us-en-product-pf_1172409026897.html) with video display

Looks cool...

Andyg
01-26-2009, 02:04 PM
i'm 95% sure i'm upgrading to this head unit this year from the CMD 4... i really like the mp3 cd feature needless to say... so to the question... does anyone know if this will be a simple replacement w/ the same harnesses or will there be some re-wiring going on?

it would really be nice if they would put an AUX input on the face of this thing too... only mp3 player input on mine is by the throttle and i usually let someone else DJ and the cable is a pain

The CMD4 and CMD5 swap is very easy as the the wire harnesses are exactly the same for both units. I swapped them myself on my 2008.

wakeX2wake
01-26-2009, 02:10 PM
yea those look sweet for sure... thinking i can find the CMD 5 for a bit cheaper though... would be sweet to have that video screen in there... i'm gonna have to crunch out will it be worth it to put one of those in there... thanks for tempting me haha

The CMD4 and CMD5 swap is very easy as the the wire harnesses are exactly the same for both units. I swapped them myself on my 2008.

good info... thanks for the help... this will help in the decision making process

ejg333
01-26-2009, 03:45 PM
I swapped out a older M series with the CMD 5 same plug Clarion made it easy. plus the ipod adapter is only 50.00 bucks at crutchfield