PDA

View Full Version : Replacing tower speakers

alex
01-24-2009, 02:27 PM
I got my boat in the end of the summer, a 2004 x-star. I got it shiped from the US to sweden. Great boat, but when i got it i noticed that all the toer speakers, the original Clarion ones were busted. Guess from sun and water, almost all the rubber around the cones is gone :( So i need to replace them, what should i get? What fits in the original cans? Should i just get new Clarions, they're quite cheap or should i get something else? All suggestions are appreciated

TallRedRider
01-24-2009, 08:55 PM
Some of it depends on your goals and your budget.

Do you want to hear the sound loud and clear while wakeboarding? This will require much more power (likely a new amp, too) and will be enough that people will hear you a long ways away. If your lake has homes around it, they may not like the noise. This all comes with a price. Check out www.Wetsounds.com or www.nvs1.net for something like that.

If you just relax in a cove and would like to have some music to swim around the boat with, and to hear when the boat is parked, the Clarions or a similar style will be fine. You can also get some more expensive ones that will get some sound to the rider, but not like wetsounds or NVS.

D3skier
01-24-2009, 09:22 PM
I put a pair of the WetSounds Pro 80's on my boat last year and these things are amazing! A bit on the high dollar side but well worth it IMHO.

TX.X-30 fan
01-25-2009, 11:36 AM
I put a pair of the WetSounds Pro 80's on my boat last year and these things are amazing! A bit on the high dollar side but well worth it IMHO.

Did you think 2 was plenty or would you go 4 on the tower?? I guess what I mean is will the 2 put out as much as 4 of the stock stuff.