PDA

View Full Version : Procharger

scott023
01-22-2009, 10:56 PM
Does anyone have one of these superchargers on their boat, or have any experience with marine blowers?

03 35th Anniversary
01-22-2009, 11:01 PM
Mine is Magna, I don't know much about Procharger.

What engine setup do you have?

scott023
01-22-2009, 11:05 PM
Vortec L18. IMO ATI Prochagers are the best centrifugal blower on the market for vehicles, I just wanted to know if anyone here has any experience with them. Did you notice a big difference in power/hole shot with the Magna? Top end?

east tx skier
01-22-2009, 11:08 PM
I think his boat came with it IIRC.

03 35th Anniversary
01-22-2009, 11:15 PM
Vortec L18. IMO ATI Prochagers are the best centrifugal blower on the market for vehicles, I just wanted to know if anyone here has any experience with them. Did you notice a big difference in power/hole shot with the Magna? Top end?

I got topend speed out of it, but mostly hole shot.

Depending on what prop depends on where all the power is.

There is a few members here that skied and footed behind it last summer at MM4.

03 35th Anniversary
01-22-2009, 11:15 PM
What boat do you have that L18 in?

sdesmond
01-22-2009, 11:34 PM
for land apps Procharger is one of the best.

scott023
01-22-2009, 11:48 PM
I've got a 2008 X45. East TX, what is IIRC?

flipper
01-23-2009, 12:09 AM
I've got a 2008 X45. East TX, what is IIRC?

If I recall correctly

scott023
01-23-2009, 12:29 AM
Duh... thanks Flipper

chevy08bud
01-23-2009, 11:15 AM
ATI Procharger has done extensive research i know on speed boats. They are based just a few miles from my house and my wife used to work with one of the owner's wives. They have some clients that have boats on the Lake of the Ozarks and they used to have a boat with a procharger in it as well. I'd just give them a call and let them know what you are looking for. I bet they'll have something for you.

scott023
01-23-2009, 02:54 PM
ATI Procharger has done extensive research i know on speed boats. They are based just a few miles from my house and my wife used to work with one of the owner's wives. They have some clients that have boats on the Lake of the Ozarks and they used to have a boat with a procharger in it as well. I'd just give them a call and let them know what you are looking for. I bet they'll have something for you.

Thanks Chevy.... I kow they have an application for my boat. I was wondering if any of you had a marine application or anyone that did. I have had a ProCharger on one of my vehicles, I am confident in their product, just not sure on the marine versions.

6ballsisall
01-23-2009, 02:58 PM
Thanks Chevy.... I kow they have an application for my boat. I was wondering if any of you had a marine application or anyone that did. I have had a ProCharger on one of my vehicles, I am confident in their product, just not sure on the marine versions.

I'd think the biggest issue you'd face would be an ECM re-flash, no? Who can do that for a marine application?

03 35th Anniversary
01-23-2009, 06:01 PM

I'd think the biggest issue you'd face would be an ECM re-flash, no? Who can do that for a marine application?

Scott, Mr. I-want-6balls is correct. The hardware that will bolt up to you engine isn't the problem. It's getting the software writen for your ECM is what will be tough.

I'm not sure I would recomend installing that on an X-45. Thats alot of pressure on that engine with the S/C. With my boat being less than half the size of yours with the LQ9 I run the minimum boost. Reason being, the GM motors come with a coating on the wrist pins and Indmar was afaid that the extra boost would ware this coating off.

Before anybody puts their 2 cents in about how they have seen a hire boost ran on those engines in car or trucks there is a difference. In a boat most of the time it is pulling a hard load at a high RPM pushing the boat through the water. In a car or truck the load is for a shorter period of time. Most people don't run 3500 to 4000 RPM's carrying the same load a boat motor does pushing the boat through the water. A car or truck motor wouldn't have that kinda load everytime you put it in gear.

zkesler
01-27-2009, 12:15 PM
I ran a procharger on my 95 Transam. The good thing about prochargers is that they are self contained and lubricated meaning that you don't have to tap into your engines oil system and run an extra external filter system. The ECM programming should not be an issue if you run minimum boost and a FMU (fuel management unit) which usually comes with the kit and automatically boosts the fuel pressure under supercharger boost to compensate for more air. These engines where built for performance and durability but are also already high hp rated, so I would not run too much boost. If everything is set up correctly and you run min. boost you should be fine.