PDA

View Full Version : Golf tax whats next? sad

kycat2007
01-22-2009, 01:59 AM
http://www.forecalifornia.com/cag/index.cfm/issue-overview/

I searched to see if this had been posted but did not find. Arnolds solution to tax all things golf. Whats next boating toys?

j2nh
01-22-2009, 06:49 AM
Michigan almost did the same thing in 07, can't remember all the details but the tax included passes at ski resorts. Cooler heads prevailed and the tax was rolled back before implementation.

Politicians love this as they raise funds without RAISING your taxes, small print they just increased the number of things taxed. 09 will be the year that the States with revenue deficits will propose taxing services: Medical, Dental, Legal, Accounting, Beautician/Barber etc.

wakeX2wake
01-22-2009, 10:10 AM
taxing golf? come on... you can do better than that governator... i think he's just jealous of golfers b/c he was always on too much juice to be able to effectively swing a golf club... this is dumb... take some money out of pockets and useless government spending (like on donuts for the office or pay for your own dang car) if you want to increase usable money

flipper
01-22-2009, 11:12 AM
Why not, they tax everything else under the sun

TMCNo1
01-22-2009, 02:00 PM
Will there be a tax on your balls too?

Sodar
01-22-2009, 03:11 PM
Just read a report that they intend to tax golf, wine and of course, gasoline/diesel more heavily. My tax return is going to be an I OWE YOU! And my girlfreind (a 2nd Grade Teacher) is going to have her salary cut because they are going to shorten the school year by 5 days... Ain't life grand!

TX.X-30 fan
01-22-2009, 04:17 PM
Why not, they tax everything else under the sun

Can you see whats coming????? Talk has started in the new session of our legislature (and we have a surplus) to tax internet purchases.

power hungry money grubbers all.

shepherd
01-22-2009, 05:30 PM

8p8p8p :toast:

h2oskifreak
01-22-2009, 09:46 PM

If they could get mine out of the vice the IRS has them is, yes-they will further tax them.