PDA

View Full Version : Pull Power

ccowell
01-21-2009, 11:25 AM
I have a 79 S&S and I have been told that it can pull something like 30 people out of the water. First I have no idea how this would happen (I don't have that many friends) and can MC's do it.

How many people can MC boats pull. What do you guys have out there and how many people have you pulled up.

Not to underestimate the power of a MC, in my mind a old MC is better than new Scarab !!:D

wakeX2wake
01-21-2009, 11:42 AM
there's show ski people here i've seen w/ pictures... your boat could realistically i would think pull around 10 or so people... 30 is a LOT... i wouldn't be surprised at all if someone who had actually done it said it could...

this is kind of a fluid idea/opinion depends on if you did a huge dock start or deep water how many you could get up i would imagine... i would say 10-15 would be a comfortable number though

Sodar
01-21-2009, 12:05 PM
I never pull anything less than 100.... :D

Seriously, unless you are doing a ski show pyramid, why more than a couple? :confused:

You analysis between skiboats and offshore boats is incorrect as well. :o

russlars
01-21-2009, 12:07 PM
The most I have ever pulled is 2 slalom skiers at a time. On onother occasion I have done 1 slalom skier and 2 double skiers. I am sure that the boat is capable of pulling more than this, but my only concern would be how much the ski pylon could safely pull without risk of damage, especially on a boat that old. Does anyone else have that same concern?

whitedog
01-21-2009, 12:33 PM
On a boat of that age pylon mounting strength would be my concern. 10 good skiers on doubles deep water starts should be doable although it will take some time to get upto speed. 10 - 12 on a dock start with a pretty hot hit is also doable. Many more and you will run pout of power. With the show team we pull 30+ from a dock start all the time. Use a dyne with tripple 300 hp mercs or triple 250hp mercs on the back and pull from the transom. We have done 17-18 with the dd inboards, newer boats with 400+ hp engines and this still take a pretty hot pull with a dock start.

Get some ropes and skies give it a try and report back on how many you actually get up.

loeweb
01-21-2009, 12:34 PM
I have been involved with 7 slalom skiers at once and have witnessed 5 barefooters at once (stepping off a ski) I would say easily 10 on 2 skis.

jbfootin
01-21-2009, 12:48 PM
I have pulled up 13 or 14 with my 2001 19Skier a few years back. That was deep water start and it was not easy. I have pulled 3 barefooters several times behind mine also and had some trottle to spare.

When I skied shows we would do 2 barefoot lines with 7-9 behind each boat. A MC inboard with a 454 and a Barefoot 200 with a yamaha 200hp on the back. The inboard would smoke the outboard out of the hole and have to wait up for it to catch up to go through the show sight, but as soon as we started to step off of the skies, the inboard would drop back like it hit the brakes. The OB could hold the 38-40 mph and the IB would drop to 34 or 35mph.

May have been the prop selection, but most of my experience has been that inboards are better out of the hole, but outboards hold the top end a little better.a

flipper
01-21-2009, 12:53 PM
I think the hardest part would be keeping the ropes from getting tangled up.

Jesus_Freak
01-21-2009, 01:51 PM
I think the hardest part would be keeping the ropes from getting tangled up.

:) And getting all those skiers to hang on for the slow pull. Also see...http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=27583

wakeX2wake
01-21-2009, 01:52 PM
:) And getting all those skiers to hang on for the slow pull. Also see...http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=27583

i was trying to find that one