PDA

View Full Version : Tainted Peanut Butter!

TMCNo1
01-19-2009, 06:57 PM
Now that's a subject nobody's brought up!

JohnE
01-19-2009, 07:01 PM
Surprising that it hasn't been discussed here yet......

JimN
01-19-2009, 07:06 PM
If it tain't one thing, it's another.

TMCNo1
01-19-2009, 07:10 PM
Kellogg says FDA confirms salmonella in crackers (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090119/ap_on_re_us/salmonella_outbreak;_ylt=AgqgO8kZN7z9nTLmRnn201ys0 NUE)

Us crackers otta quit eatin' all that salmon! I ain't eatin' no more!

Slinkyredfoot
01-19-2009, 07:16 PM
There is something about the word "taint" that always arouses my curiosity...and couple this with peanut butter well this all could be a bit of fun

suedv
01-19-2009, 07:24 PM
Steve will have fun with this thread I'm sure.

Gonzo
01-19-2009, 08:52 PM
mmmmm roasted marshmallows and penut butter stirred up!

TMCNo1
01-19-2009, 09:13 PM
mmmmm roasted marshmallows and penut butter stirred up!

Is it snowing in Alamance County yet???? It is here!
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_4_4v.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSfox000)http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/28/28_4_1v.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSfox000)
43815 (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSfox000)

Gonzo
01-19-2009, 09:21 PM
Not yet but the kids are syked...

Gonzo
01-19-2009, 09:22 PM
O and I cant spell peanut

TMCNo1
01-19-2009, 09:40 PM
O and I cant spell peanut
Or psyched!:uglyhamme

KnoxX2
01-19-2009, 10:47 PM
Thanks #1

Now I know why the whole family was sick over New Years. No kidding 9 out of 12 of us were deathly sick. Timing and everything lines up. We have been trying to figure this out for a few weeks now. Just after Christmas we went on a trip to New York for a few days and came home just before New Years. On New Years eve we got very sick like we had food posioning but much worse. This thing lasted for days. Even with the Baby we took him to the Doctor and they said nothing!!!!!

Gonzo
01-19-2009, 10:49 PM
Or psyched!:uglyhamme

Ok, I think its just spllin in generul

TMCNo1
01-20-2009, 07:07 AM
Ok, I think its just spllin in generul

:uglyhamme:uglyhamme:uglyhamme

TMCNo1
01-20-2009, 07:10 AM
Thanks #1

Now I know why the whole family was sick over New Years. No kidding 9 out of 12 of us were deathly sick. Timing and everything lines up. We have been trying to figure this out for a few weeks now. Just after Christmas we went on a trip to New York for a few days and came home just before New Years. On New Years eve we got very sick like we had food posioning but much worse. This thing lasted for days. Even with the Baby we took him to the Doctor and they said nothing!!!!!

We hope all are doing better!

JohnE
01-20-2009, 07:14 AM
Thanks #1

Damn, Knox. Sorry to hear that. Glad you are over it.

What did all 12 of you eat that had peanut butter in it?

wakeX2wake
01-20-2009, 09:42 AM
sorry to hear about the family knox... that doesn't sound like fun... the sickest i've ever been was food poisoning and i didn't get over it for 3 days... i wouldn't wish that misery on anyone

but speaking of "taint"ed peanut butter... i was at a party in highschool... and well some moron there went myth busters and yes... a dog will lick peanut butter of man parts

SkiDog
01-20-2009, 09:42 AM
Perhaps they spent the day at maristars house?

JohnE
01-20-2009, 09:57 AM
If I mix vodka with my peanut butter will it kill the salmonella?

flipper
01-20-2009, 10:04 AM

:uglyhamme:uglyhamme:uglyhamme

or hoosiers

6ballsisall
01-20-2009, 10:04 AM
If I mix vodka with my peanut butter will it kill the salmonella?

This sounds like a good question for a doc. Wheres' BigMac?

Gonzo
01-20-2009, 10:25 AM
Not straight Peanut butter, you have to eat something with PB in it, like PB ice cream or Austins fake lance orange cookies!

TMCNo1
01-20-2009, 10:44 AM
General Mills and Kroger pull peanut butter items
MILWAUKEE General Mills Inc. and grocers Kroger Co., Safeway Inc. and Meijer Inc. have joined the growing list of food companies and retailers pulling items with peanut butter amid a salmonella outbreak that has killed at least six people and sickened more than 470 others in 43 states.
The Food and Drug Administration has traced the outbreak to a Georgia plant owned by Peanut Corporation of America, which manufactures peanut butter and peanut paste for distribution to institutions and food companies.
The government has advised consumers to avoid eating cookies, cakes, ice cream and other foods containing peanut butter until health officials learn more about the contamination. Most peanut butter sold in jars at supermarkets appears to be safe, officials said.
The FDA has created a searchable list of recalled products and brands on the agency's Web site. Salmonella, a bacteria, is the most common cause of food poisoning in the U.S., causing diarrhea, cramping and fever.
On Sunday, Peanut Corp. expanded its own recall to all peanut butter and peanut paste produced since July 1 at its plant in Blakely, Ga. The recalled products were distributed to institutions, food service industries and private label food companies in 24 states.
"We deeply regret that this product recall has expanded, and our first priority is to protect the health of our customers," said Stewart Parnell, president of Peanut Corp.
Late Monday, Safeway said some of the products it makes, including Ready Pack Eating Right Kids Apples with Peanut Butter and Orchard Valley Harvest's Organic Bark Peanut Butter Cookies and Cream, may use peanut butter involved in the recall and asked customers to throw them out or return them to the store for a full refund.
Meijer, which operates 181 stores in Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Ohio and Kentucky, said Monday it was voluntarily recalling two types of crackers Meijer brand Cheese and Peanut Butter, and Toasty Peanut Butter and two varieties of ice cream: Peanut Butter and Jelly, and Peanut Butter Cup.
The company said none of the Meijer brand products have been identified as contaminated nor linked to any illness. "Meijer has taken these precautionary steps to help protect our customers," said Stacie Behler, vice president of public affairs for Meijer.
Also Monday, Kroger, the nation's largest traditional grocery chain, recalled Private Selection Peanut Butter Passion Ice Cream sold in stores named City Market, Fred Meyer, Fry's, King Scoopers, QFC and Smith's in 11 states, primarily in the West. The company said the ice cream was not sold in its namesake Kroger stores or any other retailers it operates.
Golden Valley, Minn.-based General Mills said Monday afternoon that it was recalling two flavors of snack bars: LARABAR Peanut Butter Cookie and JamFrakas Peanut Butter Blisscrisp. General Mills said the recall did not affect any other products it makes.
Clif Bar & Co.'s also Monday recalled some Clif branded bars including some under Luna and Clif Mojo labels sold in the U.S. and Canada that contain peanut butter made by Peanut Corp. Clif Bar makes all-natural and organic foods and drinks.
Kellogg Co. recalled 16 products last week, including Keebler Soft Batch Homestyle Peanut Butter Cookies, Famous Amos Peanut Butter Cookies, and Keebler Cheese & Peanut Butter Sandwich Crackers.
The company said Monday that federal authorities have confirmed that salmonella was found in a single package of its peanut butter crackers: Austin Quality Foods Toasty Crackers with Peanut Butter, which has previously been recalled.
Kellogg Chief Executive David Mackay said the company would evaluate its processes "to ensure we take necessary actions to reassure consumers and rebuild confidence in these products."
Also on Monday, Abbott Nutrition recalled three products because of the possibility of salmonella contamination: ZonePerfect Chocolate Peanut Butter bars, ZonePerfect Peanut Toffee bars and NutriPals Peanut Butter Chocolate nutrition bars. The Columbus, Ohio-based company said the items were sold in the U.S., Mexico, New Zealand and Singapore.
Over the weekend, Little Debbie maker McKee Foods Corp. of Collegedale, Tenn., issued a voluntary recall of its peanut butter crackers because of possible contamination.
Other companies issuing recalls recently include Midwest supermarket chain Hy-Vee Inc. of West Des Moines, Iowa; Perry's Ice Cream Co. of Akron, N.Y.; and the South Bend Chocolate Co. in Indiana. Ralcorp Frozen Bakery Products, a division of St. Louis-based Ralcorp, recalled several brands of peanut butter cookies it sells through Wal-Mart stores.
Some companies were quick to assure their customers that their products were fine. Russell Stover Candies Inc., maker of Russell Stover and Whitman's, said Monday it does not use ingredients from Peanut Corp.
ConAgra Foods Inc., maker of Peter Pan peanut butter, said Saturday it was not involved in the investigation and neither the Omaha, Neb.-based company nor its suppliers use ingredients from Peanut Corp.
J.M. Smucker Co., the nation's top maker of jams and jellies, assured customers on Monday that none of its products are involved in the national recall.
Orrville, Ohio-based J.M. Smucker, whose brands include Jif, Eagle Brand, Pillsbury and Smucker's, said it does not buy peanuts or any ingredients from Peanut Corp.

Maristar210
01-20-2009, 11:39 AM

The dog's nose confirms no sign of the knox army here