PDA

View Full Version : installing tower mirror 01 model PS 209

Gamble
01-18-2009, 02:42 AM
Guys, been away for a little bit.........had 2nd surgery on my ankle.........home now recovering and am pondering some thoughts of installing a mirror to my tower on the driver side with the added bracket and clamp, and removing the mirror that's currently affixed to the passenger side top of the windshield frame. It's the stock mirror that came w/the boat. Any thoughts on how this would look once I remove the stock mirror? i.e..........I guess after I remove the phillips screws from the windshield frame and take out the black mirror mount, I can just simply re-insert the phillips screws back in the holes so as not to have empty holes in the windshield frame. Any one else done this? Boat is a 2001 PS 209. thanks in advance, Mike.

Gamble
01-18-2009, 04:30 PM
surely someone has some input!!!

russlars
01-18-2009, 08:00 PM
I'm not sure exactly what the mounting bracket looks like that your mirror is currently attached to, but when I mounted my mirror on my tower I just left the mounting bracket for the mirror on the windshield. Mine was chrome and doesn't protrude out so it doesn't really look out of place and looks better than holes in the windshield frame.

Gamble
01-18-2009, 08:41 PM
mine is black, and I think it'll need to be removed, as it'll be an eyesore............boat is in the stall and I can't take a look, but that's from memory.

SteveO
01-18-2009, 09:15 PM
Gamble, Mine also had the windshield mount as pictured. Since I sold it I can't recall , but I think it had the CIPA mount that clamped on. I removed that and took the mirror off and mounted it to the MC tower bracket.

Gamble
01-18-2009, 09:41 PM
thanks Steve..........yep, mine looks just like the one you pictured..........mounted to the windshield frame, same type mirror. did you remove this mirror and mount from the windshield? if so, did you just put the screws back in the holes and it look o.k.?