PDA

View Full Version : JL 1" tweeter body

Justjoe
01-15-2009, 06:46 PM
Has anybody trashed their tweeters?? I'm looking for four of the plastic tweeter bodies for a "science project". I know you can get them new for about a hundi, but I don't need good ones. Heck, they don't even need to work.

In addition, I'm looking for four of the Aluminum tweeter housings (the new style...07+). With these, they do need to look pretty good.

I AM a man with a plan!

flipper
01-15-2009, 06:50 PM
What's the plan?

Justjoe
01-15-2009, 06:54 PM
Ah, super secret (until I unveil my MASTERPIECE HA HA HAAA). Can't say just yet, as I don't want to influence the demand for parts.

flipper
01-15-2009, 06:57 PM
Do they have to be JL tweet bodies? Could something else work? Like a pipe, weld a cap on the end

Justjoe
01-15-2009, 07:00 PM
I intend on using the plastic outer housing so I think first pick would be the real deal. Fabricating my own out of something is possible, but not preferable.

JimN
01-15-2009, 08:00 PM
Ah, super secret (until I unveil my MASTERPIECE HA HA HAAA). Can't say just yet, as I don't want to influence the demand for parts.

Tell me you're not making a female robot that indicates low temperatures in some way. (BTW- you would use low current DC voltage for that)

Justjoe
01-15-2009, 08:06 PM
She may indicate low, but she WILL BE HOTTTTT!!!!!

pagelk
01-16-2009, 09:57 AM
Practicing putting LEDs in the tweeters?!

wakeX2wake
01-16-2009, 11:27 AM
joe... its a shame you live in Michigan... i'd so be helping you on this "top secret" project... i'm stoked to see how it comes out...

and your enthusiasm is unmatched and i think its awesome... when i first got the idea for the LEDs in the grilles i would spend hours in my boat just looking and thinking and waiting on parts to come in... got made fun of b/c my riding buddies told me that if i'd have spent half the time working on a crow mobe as i did on LEDs i'd have had that sucker dialed... hahaha completely worth it

Maristar210
01-16-2009, 02:08 PM
joe... its a shame you live in Michigan... i'd so be helping you on this "top secret" project... i'm stoked to see how it comes out...

and your enthusiasm is unmatched and i think its awesome... when i first got the idea for the LEDs in the grilles i would spend hours in my boat just looking and thinking and waiting on parts to come in... got made fun of b/c my riding buddies told me that if i'd have spent half the time working on a crow mobe as i did on LEDs i'd have had that sucker dialed... hahaha completely worth it

Us people in Michigan would like to ask those south of the mason dixon to please stay put. Especially those arrogant Texans !!!!

Go BAMA

Monte
01-16-2009, 02:18 PM
Us people in Michigan would like to ask those south of the mason dixon to please stay put. Especially those arrogant Texans !!!!

Go BAMA

Likewise yankee:mad::D

Gamble
01-16-2009, 02:29 PM
............just peeeed!! "Likewise Yankee".................priceless!!!

wakeX2wake
01-16-2009, 02:38 PM
i actually did just LOL