PDA

View Full Version : Watched history tonight Jodie Meeks

kycat2007
01-14-2009, 12:20 AM
We all see our teams win and some are lucky to see championships. Tonight a record that was held since the 70's was broken. I was alive then but was a wee child at the time.

Jodie Meeks, guard for Kentucky, put up 54 points against Tenn. He is now the all time leader in scoring in a game beating Dan Issel which had 53. He also made 10 three pointers becoming the leader in that stat as well.

Some may think this is silly to post but seeing players in college put those kind of points up now a days is very rare. Curry laid 44 on Oklahoma this year and it inspired alot of talk. Pretty special for a Cats fan and their program.

icewake
01-14-2009, 05:36 AM
First off I have to say I am a huge UT fan but I will give congrats to Meeks, one heck of a game he played.

wakeX2wake
01-14-2009, 09:10 AM
yea that guy had a heck of a game... caught the end of that game and i got destroyed on knowledge by the girl i was out w/ last night... i got to catch up on my college b-ball

bbymgr
01-14-2009, 09:13 AM
That was a very impressive game. His whole stat line is incredible. Not only did he score 54 points and make 10 3's, he also had 8 rebounds, 4 assists, and shot 66% from long distance. Oh...... and probably the most impressive stat is 1 turnover.