PDA

View Full Version : 2009 F150 - Anyone have one?

bobx1
01-13-2009, 03:49 PM
It is son #2's turn to inherit my current truck (F250) and thinkiing about switching to gas this time around (have had three F250 diesels in the past 10 years). I am seriously considering then new F150 4x4, King Ranch, etc. I tow a X1 so not in need of a serious tow beast and will still have the 250 in the family if I need it. If anyone has any experience with this new truck, I would love to hear from you.

capnkirk52
01-13-2009, 04:27 PM
My buddy's dad has a Platinum. That truck is unreal.! Do not hesitate one bit. Backup camera rocks, auto sidesteps rock, 6sp trans rocks, new seats rock, more rear seat legroom than a crew cab f250 rock, new navi rocks.!

Everything about that truck is sweet.

scott023
01-13-2009, 04:45 PM
As captnkirk said, there are a lot of great options on the truck, and the fit an finish seem to be a lot better than it has been previously. Something we have experienced with a couple of our 09's already is still drivetrain problems (specifically tranmission). I would opt for the extended warranty for sure, just to CYA. Good luck.

Mag_Red
01-13-2009, 04:46 PM
My buddy's dad has a Platinum. That truck is unreal.! Do not hesitate one bit. Backup camera rocks, auto sidesteps rock, 6sp trans rocks, new seats rock, more rear seat legroom than a crew cab f250 rock, new navi rocks.!

Everything about that truck is sweet. :confused: So.............to sum it up................It ROCKS!???? :D

flipper
01-13-2009, 04:48 PM
:confused: So.............to sum it up................It ROCKS!???? :D

That's what I get out of it

wakeX2wake
01-13-2009, 04:48 PM
please... at least drive a new tundra Limited TRD double and mega cab... roll down back window and sunroof option in the mega cab are sweet

H20BOY
01-13-2009, 05:20 PM
I have an '09 XLT and my dad bought a '09 Platinum. The room in the rear seat is huge. I have had mine 2 months and have 6500 miles and have loved every mile. I have always been a chevy guy and my last truck was an '07 silverado, this '09 Ford make my 07 seem like a piece of junk. Fit and finish on my XLT is wonderful, and my dad's platinum does everything but wipe your rear after using the bathroom. Who knows it might do that and we just have not found the button.

shepherd
01-13-2009, 05:37 PM
So is this a different truck than the '08? I'm just asking because dealers are making some real nice offers on leftover '08s. But if it's a different truck, the deals may not be so good.

I test drove an '09 Lariat 4x4 last month and it was a pretty sweet truck. But the ride didn't seem any better or more comfortable than other trucks I drove. As for room in the cabin, the Dodge Quad cab seems bigger, at least with the back seats folded down flat. The Ford's back seats fold up which gives more height for taller stuff back there, but you sacrifice fore-aft depth.

I like Toyota's roll-down back window. I wish the other manufacturers would do that. I'm still looking at the Avalanche -- I like that the whole rear of the cab can be opened up to the bed.

corey
01-13-2009, 05:47 PM
No experience with the 09 but I'd love one, really can't justify it as my 07' only has 14,000 miles on it though. I've stayed out of the showroom just so I can't be tempted.

rrbooker
01-13-2009, 05:56 PM
I love this test!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrieIkkTx7Y

I had an 06 crew and it pulled my xstar nice!

BriEOD
01-13-2009, 06:31 PM
Have 2005 F-150 King Ranch 4x4 and love it. Will definitely buy another one when the time comes. Plus, Ford is no immediate danger of going under like the other 2.

ORX-1
01-13-2009, 07:17 PM
I had read somewhere that they were holding off on the new F-150 based on sales predictions, but I guess not. I have seen them pushing the new body style so I guess there wasn't any truth to that. Did anyone else read that, it was last year so I understand that things are changing and maybe with GM facing trouble the figured they could pick up some marketshare.

BriEOD
01-13-2009, 07:27 PM
Unlike GM, truck sales have anchored Ford for many years. F-series is their best selling line up. Financial analysts have stated Ford has enough cash on hand to weather the current storm through 2012 without any dynamic changes to its line up, etc. Of the big 3, Ford by far is in the best shape.

capnkirk52
01-14-2009, 09:50 AM
:confused: So.............to sum it up................It ROCKS!???? :D

Yes, I was trying to get that point across! :D

capnkirk52
01-14-2009, 09:53 AM
I had read somewhere that they were holding off on the new F-150 based on sales predictions, but I guess not. I have seen them pushing the new body style so I guess there wasn't any truth to that. Did anyone else read that, it was last year so I understand that things are changing and maybe with GM facing trouble the figured they could pick up some marketshare.

They will pick up a bunch more by the 4Q 2009. They will be introducing the 5.0, and 6.2L motor that will have more HP and TQ than any other pickup in its class.

Also, if you guys haven't heard of or seen the new "Raptor" truck. Google it right now. That truck is wicked!

bobx1
01-14-2009, 10:44 AM
I love this test!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrieIkkTx7Y

I had an 06 crew and it pulled my xstar nice!

Wow, that other brand shakes more that Rosie O'donnels rear-end in a P90X workout.

CapnKirk - It seems you like the truck. I test drove it yesterday and it was VERY nice! You are correct in that the rear seat leg room is huge and it appears/feels like a lot more room than my F250.

Fit and finish is top notch, very quiet ride (but I am coming from a diesel), etc. I did not care about shelling out $2300 for the Sony Nav system but when you see the rear camera view on that screen, all I can say is WOW.

I was at the dealership getting the oil changed in my F250 and decided to take a more serious look. The list on the truck (4x4, Crew, King Ranch, Nav System, 20" wheels, etc.) is just over $48K and they verbally dropped it to $41,500 on the spot which leads me to believe they still have some additional wiggle room. Maybe that price plus extended warranty plus bedliner would be a good deal.

I probably should check out the Tundra but to be honest, I have been so pleased with my last 3 Ford Trucks, and really like the looks and feel of this new one, that I have a farily high level of loyalty. Besides, I am from the south and there are still a lot of American trucks on the road down here.

Thanks very much for the replies and feedback. I may wait another 4-8 weeks before I pull the trigger just in case our new president and congress decides they will give me one for free.

flipper
01-14-2009, 11:22 AM
So is this a different truck than the '08? I'm just asking because dealers are making some real nice offers on leftover '08s. But if it's a different truck, the deals may not be so good.

I test drove an '09 Lariat 4x4 last month and it was a pretty sweet truck. But the ride didn't seem any better or more comfortable than other trucks I drove. As for room in the cabin, the Dodge Quad cab seems bigger, at least with the back seats folded down flat. The Ford's back seats fold up which gives more height for taller stuff back there, but you sacrifice fore-aft depth.

I like Toyota's roll-down back window. I wish the other manufacturers would do that. I'm still looking at the Avalanche -- I like that the whole rear of the cab can be opened up to the bed.

I don't know about in the F150, but a friend of mine has a 350 with the back window that rolls down

TMCNo1
01-14-2009, 11:41 AM
They will pick up a bunch more by the 4Q 2009. They will be introducing the 5.0, and 6.2L motor that will have more HP and TQ than any other pickup in its class.

Also, if you guys haven't heard of or seen the new "Raptor" truck. Google it right now. That truck is wicked!
http://www.rsportscars.com/ford/2010-ford-f150-svt-raptor/

ski_king
01-14-2009, 12:14 PM
Ford did hold the release of the 09 F150 until Oct 1 to help sell off all the 08's.
I picked up a nicely equipped 08 supercrew xlt for a hair over $20K in September.

While the styling of the 09's have not won me over yet, I do like the idea of the 6 speed automatic and some of the other features.