PDA

View Full Version : Ronix Heat molded bindings?

Aric'sX15
01-10-2009, 12:15 PM
Does anyone have any idea how to heat mold them? I picked up a pair of Ronix Scouts and have no idea how to do this. I really don't want to have to drive up to the Malibu dealer I bought them from to get it done.

corey
01-10-2009, 12:38 PM
The heater is the same one used to mold 32 Snowboard Boots, try your local snowboard shop.

Aric'sX15
01-10-2009, 12:42 PM
No snowboard shops here in texas that i know of, so ill look around.

corey
01-10-2009, 12:50 PM
Basically the heater helps to mold the boots a little quicker, simply wearing them while riding will do the trick as well. The Scout boots are a pretty soft flexing boot, I really wouldnt worry about molding them. Leave the bindings out in the sun to get warm, throw your feet in them and ride.

Do not put the boots in the oven, yes some of the older heat moldable liners could be molded in a convection oven but you can also burn or shrink the liners if the temps get to high.

sand2snow22
01-10-2009, 12:53 PM
Hair dryer?

Aric'sX15
01-10-2009, 12:58 PM
thanks for the help.

russlars
01-10-2009, 02:35 PM
If I remember correctly, the instructions that came with my heat molded bindings on my F1 ski recommended putting them in a hot tub to heat them up and then putting your feet into them and wearing them in the hot tub for several minutes.

Aric'sX15
01-10-2009, 03:33 PM
i think ill try the hot tub thing. if that doesnt work ill just get em done at the bu dealer.

2000XPSD
01-10-2009, 10:36 PM
i have a pair of scouts and used a heater from a ski shop. Of course that doesn't do you any good but i can tell you they were waaaaay hotter than a hot tub...what's a hot tub 105F or so??? i fwlt like my feet were being burned when i first put them on. Hair dryer???...yeah maybe after about 10min or so. I hate to say it but if you want them done right you need a heater. It took three whacks at it to get mine right...if i didn't have the heater it would of sucked.
as for the scouts themselves...they are pretty good, a little stiff but i've only done one season on them so they are still pretty new. they kind of suck to get in and out of...but what closed boot isn't. it's also tough to tighten the lower part of the laces up. as for the heat mold gimmick...big deal imo, they where just as comfy before i molded them. Whould i buy them again??? yes but as last years model, what are they $350 this year??? not worth it to me

wakeX2wake
01-12-2009, 09:55 AM
never molded my first cells and molded the ones i've got now and i have to throw out there that id its any trouble... don't worry about it... mine were just as comfy before and now they're just less comfy to anyone else who wears my board

ttu
01-12-2009, 10:01 AM
Does anyone have any idea how to heat mold them? I picked up a pair of Ronix Scouts and have no idea how to do this. I really don't want to have to drive up to the Malibu dealer I bought them from to get it done.

there are some sun and ski stores in the dfw area. they will have a liner heater to get the job done.

MattsCraft
01-12-2009, 12:08 PM
A lot of the new Hockey Skates are Heat Moldable (Easton), A Hockey Shop should have a special oven and air bladder to put your feet into and suck the boot around your feet.

They heat the skates/boots for about 15 min, you lace them up and stick your feet into this bladder thingy, it pushes in around your feet and sit for about 15 minutes, thats it, molded boots to your exact foot. In the old days when skates were mostly leather, we would stick our feet and skates in a bucket of water and skate in them for an hour or so to mold the skates to the feet.

JoshBuzz
01-15-2009, 05:18 PM
heat molding bindings is dumbbbb.

Slingshot offers it, and I love the bindings, but it's just not needed. Don't even bother!

Justjoe
01-15-2009, 06:25 PM
This reminds me of my first pair of snow ski boots. They were these big plastic red things, and were some of the first "rear entry". Hanson's. They had a bladder on either side of the ankle full of beez wax, and you were supposed to heat the wax up and then mash them onto your feet. Nice. Got rid of those when I moved into a pair of Scott Superlights!! Black and white, and looked like stormtrooper stuff. Didn't have moldable liners, were incredibly cold. Went on to being sold a pair of Lange TII team boots that were "not suppossed to feel good". And they didn't. But they were yellow, and they were fast, and you couldn't tell if they were cold because you wouldn't be able to feel your feet. Ah! yeah, I love winter!!!

Aric'sX15
01-19-2009, 12:26 PM
i have a pair of scouts and used a heater from a ski shop. Of course that doesn't do you any good but i can tell you they were waaaaay hotter than a hot tub...what's a hot tub 105F or so??? i fwlt like my feet were being burned when i first put them on. Hair dryer???...yeah maybe after about 10min or so. I hate to say it but if you want them done right you need a heater. It took three whacks at it to get mine right...if i didn't have the heater it would of sucked.
as for the scouts themselves...they are pretty good, a little stiff but i've only done one season on them so they are still pretty new. they kind of suck to get in and out of...but what closed boot isn't. it's also tough to tighten the lower part of the laces up. as for the heat mold gimmick...big deal imo, they where just as comfy before i molded them. Whould i buy them again??? yes but as last years model, what are they $350 this year??? not worth it to me

I picked up mine new for 73 bucks, so i couldn't pass it up.