PDA

View Full Version : The satisfaction survey has arrived - read this

Maristar210
05-11-2005, 10:49 PM
Hi guys and thanks again for all the past help.

Tell me if I should be pi$$ed or if I should shut up and drink a beer?

I dropped 50k on a leftover 04 Maristar 210 and when I picked up the boat the dealer informed that I "needed" an adapter that "shut off" the brakes upon backup. He also informed me that I needed to give him $17.95 plus tax for the adapter. I thought.....hmmm. You're kidding me right??? He said no, sorry, you will need this.

I understand I will need this. I do need this. I want to have this. Right?
:confused:
My problem with this is that it seems to be rather contrite and minor in the scope of things that I should have to cough up twenty bucks at delivery to accomodate this request. I told him to keep the change on the twenty and he insisted I take the change.

The second issue is.......... I had a tower installed with a bimini. The first time I/we raised the tower aluminum shavings poured from the tower apparently from where the bimini mounts were drilled. The dealer, at the time asked an associate to vacuum them up but they continue to "drain" every time I "raise" the tower. This, I do not like. Shavings, bare feet, and carpet do not mix well.

So ....

Please tell me if I am reached new heights of A-hole land or if I should think that this is no issue?

Honest opinions please. I can take it.

Good day to all.

Steve (steppin' on 7000 series alum. shavings)

P.S. www.actionwater.com sold me the boat as I am the first to point out a spade if need be.

SKI*MC
05-11-2005, 10:57 PM
Hmm, 50k and he wounld't throw in a 20 dallor part??? And the tower thing, i dont know about that one, make them mad, make them take it off and clean the whole inside

JEREMY79
05-11-2005, 10:59 PM
I would throw ten kinds of bich fits. I know if I sold a boat for 50k I wouldnt hesitate about a 20 dollar part. As for the shavings. Make em clean it. Still dont help the sore feet though :(

erkoehler
05-11-2005, 10:59 PM
Was it a demo boat, or bought brand new, 0 hours?

If new, they should have supplied the adapter w/ the boat, IMO! Used, your on your own buddy :D

The shavings.....that is a hairy situation. First, yes it is unacceptable for them to not clean up the boat the first time after you had this installed. Second, if it were me I would simply flush the shavings out w/ air or water one time really good and let it go. I understand it is a new boat and you shouldn't have to worry about certain things, but I wouldn't get on the dealers bad side over a small issue like this.

Now, if the tower is grinding on something to the point of creating new shavings then they should address that issue.

Keep this in mind:

What happens when two days before you are supposed to leave for a trip you notice a "problem" rush over to the dealer ask them to please help you out and get it fixed for you so you can leave in 2 days. If you are on good terms w/ the dealer then he is more likely to help you out, but if you "upset" them with request such as this then he is going to tell you he has a 2 week wait on service. You have to weigh your options and choose your battles.......

6ballsisall
05-11-2005, 11:00 PM
Jeez, talk about nickel and dime you to death!! I'd take it back and make them clean up the mess really good!

Maristar210
05-11-2005, 11:09 PM
Was it a demo boat, or bought brand new, 0 hours?

If new, they should have supplied the adapter w/ the boat, IMO! Used, your on your own buddy :D

The shavings.....that is a hairy situation. First, yes it is unacceptable for them to not clean up the boat the first time after you had this installed. Second, if it were me I would simply flush the shavings out w/ air or water one time really good and let it go. I understand it is a new boat and you shouldn't have to worry about certain things, but I wouldn't get on the dealers bad side over a small issue like this.

Now, if the tower is grinding on something to the point of creating new shavings then they should address that issue.

Keep this in mind:

What happens when two days before you are supposed to leave for a trip you notice a "problem" rush over to the dealer ask them to please help you out and get it fixed for you so you can leave in 2 days. If you are on good terms w/ the dealer then he is more likely to help you out, but if you "upset" them with request such as this then he is going to tell you he has a 2 week wait on service. You have to weigh your options and choose your battles.......

Regarding your last statement. I cannot concern myself with whether the dealer "likes" me or not. If I last checked I was the one who coughed up the note for this. I live my life not worrying if I offend someone, I tell it like it is and move on. No offense to you whatsoever.

My co-workers and friends always say "don't hold back Steve, tell it like it is" scarcastically......

Steve

peason
05-11-2005, 11:11 PM
I would have been pissed, and I wouldn't buy the part from him. I would of had him hook up the trailer so I didn't have to use reverse and driven to the nearest Walmart, Fleet Farm or auto parts store and made the purchase.
I just picked up my boat from being repaired today and I paid for a $6.00 extension for my trailer wiring harness - dealer would have given it to me, but I offered to pay because they have done a great job for me on all of my repairs. Midwest MasterCraft in thier new location - Crystal, MN (subburb of Minneapolis)

Leroy
05-11-2005, 11:13 PM
Part 1, why do you need that part if you are backing up with your vehicle which has brakes defeated when the back up lights are on? Is this something that plugs between the tow machine and trailer plug?

Part 2, they need to clean this out and understand the mess they made for you. Sounds like they drilled several holes to mount things and the shavings just fell inside the tower pipe. I'm not so sure I wouldn't just take a shop vac to it, but that is the ease way out.

erkoehler
05-11-2005, 11:14 PM
Regarding your last statement. I cannot concern myself with whether the dealer "likes" me or not. If I last checked I was the one who coughed up the note for this. I live my life not worrying if I offend someone, I tell it like it is and move on. No offense to you whatsoever.

My co-workers and friends always say "don't hold back Steve, tell it like it is" scarcastically......

Steve

I don't think that you should worry about whether or not they are happy with you, but I guess what is in question is where do you draw the line?

Let me give an example, if I take my boat in and when I drop it off it is 100% clean and when I get it back there are water spots on the outside, I am not going to be asking them to clean it. Are you?

On a new 50K boat, I would have demanded that key for FREE!

The tower, you have lead me to believe that there are additional shavings coming from somewhere, that they should address.

erkoehler
05-11-2005, 11:16 PM
I should clarify, that the main reason that I said I would just clean it is because my closest dealer is just over an hour away, and in the two hours MINIMUM I would take to bring the boat there and back I could have had the entire boat cleaned.

Maristar210
05-11-2005, 11:17 PM
I don't think that you should worry about whether or not they are happy with you, but I guess what is in question is where do you draw the line?

Let me give an example, if I take my boat in and when I drop it off it is 100% clean and when I get it back there are water spots on the outside, I am not going to be asking them to clean it. Are you?

The tower, you have lead me to believe that there are additional shavings coming from somewhere, that they should address.

Nothing I would describe as additional, they are just the same ones I hear rattling the tower as I raise it.

Steve

Maristar210
05-11-2005, 11:18 PM

Steve

"Brand new leftover 2004 with zero hours (1.2)"

erkoehler
05-11-2005, 11:20 PM
So, what are you going to do? Take it back?? Or fix it yourself? How close is the dealer?

Maristar210
05-11-2005, 11:23 PM
So, what are you going to do? Take it back?? Or fix it yourself? How close is the dealer?

It's already done. The cleaning that is. I did it myself, not the point. Aluminum shavings and bare feet do not bode well together. I cleaned it out, but I should not have had too right??????

Steve

erkoehler
05-11-2005, 11:25 PM
It's already done. The cleaning that is. I did it myself, not the point. Aluminum shavings and bare feet do not bode well together. I cleaned it out, but I should not have had too right??????

Steve

They should have taken care of it in the perfect world, but it is quite obvious we don't have one of those.

Read the thread about the stolen tail lights!

Glad it is taken care of one way or another, now get back out on the water!

Maristar210
05-11-2005, 11:27 PM
They should have taken care of it in the perfect world, but it is quite obvious we don't have one of those.

Read the thread about the stolen tail lights!

Glad it is taken care of one way or another, now get back out on the water!

Okay I will. uuuuummm but it's dark now, maybe tomorrow :eek:

Steve

Maristar210
05-11-2005, 11:28 PM

Steve

The dealer is 30 minutes away.

RackAtak
05-11-2005, 11:32 PM
Is the adapter a trailer wiring plug? If so, if it were me, I would have understood having to purchase it even though I would be thinking what the #$%@-I just spent 50k on this boat and the guy couldn't throw in the needed connector...oh well. As far as the metal shavings...the kid doing the install, while being paid not much more than minimum wage, could care less if you, your wife or your kids get a metal sliver in your foot. All he see's day in and day out are people plunking down 50k for boats and then adding 5k in accessories while he's worrying about how he going to eat, fill his gas tank with $2.50 per gallon gas to get to work at his low paying job, pay the rent and support his and his girlfriends baby. Don't sweat it. Have fun with the boat...

Vern Swieringa
05-11-2005, 11:34 PM
Maristar210
I purchased my 230 from Action Water Sports last summer and it had a few things wrong with it. They bent over backwards to make sure I was happy. When I dropped the boat in the water this year there was something definately not right, so back to Action Water I go. THis time they give me a new X-30 to use while mine is getting fixed. My question is, did you post this complaint before going back to Action to see if they would be willing to clean things up better? I would be very surprised if they wouldn't do everyting possible to make it right. That has been my experience!!!

As far as the part for your tow vehicle, my truck needed a switch installed too. SO I went out to the Ford dealer to get the part. I guess I figure its not the boat dealer's responsibility to get my tow vehicle ready for the boat, that's my responsiblity. JMO!

erkoehler
05-11-2005, 11:35 PM
Is the adapter a trailer wiring plug? If so, if it were me, I would have understood having to purchase it even though I would be thinking what the #$%@-I just spent 50k on this boat and the guy couldn't throw in the needed connector...oh well. As far as the metal shavings...the kid doing the install, while being paid not much more than minimum wage, could care less if you, your wife or your kids get a metal sliver in your foot. All he see's day in and day out are people plunking down 50k for boats and then adding 5k in accessories while he's worrying about how he going to eat, fill his gas tank with $2.50 per gallon gas to get to work at his low paying job, pay the rent and support his and his girlfriends baby. Don't sweat it. Have fun with the boat...

I think he is actually talking about the key that you put in the trailer tongue in order to back up the boat when you have the 4-flat connector.

Vern Swieringa
05-11-2005, 11:39 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the new trailers don't have a key. They simply have a latch that is part of the tongue assembly.

RackAtak
05-11-2005, 11:42 PM
Without further clarification on the part, $17.95 sounds like a wiring adapter to me.

Stritt
05-11-2005, 11:48 PM
Maybe its the relay needed in the main fuse block to activate the reverse lights...I had to do this on the Navigator and truck

erkoehler
05-11-2005, 11:59 PM
oh well, I think the dealership was wrong, but I have heard many good things about them. Lets just hope this isn't a frequent occurrence and your problem was just one that fell through the cracks.

X2M
05-12-2005, 12:57 AM
Maristar210 - We just purchased a new boat and went throught the same things. Had to buy an adaptor for the vehicle so the lights on the trailer would work. I agree with Vern on that one, it was our responsibilty. We already had a back up key from our old boat that we kept (we had it machined) so we didn't need that. But as for the metal shavings the dealership should clean that crap (hope I can say that on here) up. They should add that clean up to the "boat prep for the new owners list". Every tower should be vaccumed out. First time we took down the town it was raining metal shavings in the boat. And you are right. Metal shaving and bare feet do not mix. Big ouch!! :twocents:

Maristar210
05-12-2005, 08:06 AM
Without further clarification on the part, $17.95 sounds like a wiring adapter to me.

Forgive me. You are all right. I should have said "wiring adapter"

Thanks

Steve

djhuff
05-12-2005, 08:06 AM
I had the same issue, when I picked up the boat, they didn't have any adaptors, so I rigged my 4 pin to work with the 5 pin on the trailer. Next time I came back, they had the 5 to 7 adaptors, at which point I told them I was taking it (in so many words) and it was fine.

RackAtak
05-12-2005, 08:26 AM
Forgive me. You are all right. I should have said "wiring adapter"

Thanks

Steve
Yea...as I said before, it seems chicken s@#* for the dealer not to throw it in after you just gave him 50k and most likely service orders in the future. I actually bought my adapter on the way to pick up my boat knowing I would need it. There are so many variables in tow vehicle wiring that I guess they keep the burden on the customer for that part. It seems their thinking is that they give you a complete, water ready boat (hopefully) and a road ready trailer and it is up to you to have the required provisions on your tow vehicle to make it all come together.

Maristar210
05-12-2005, 08:44 AM
In all it seems like I may be nit picking here. My wife said "so what?" when I mentioned it to her. She also said I get mad about the stupidest things. Maybe she is right :rant: over

Thanks for the advice as always.

Steve

RackAtak
05-12-2005, 08:51 AM
In all it seems like I may be nit picking here. My wife said "so what?" when I mentioned it to her. She also said I get mad about the stupidest things. Maybe she is right :rant: over

Steve
Never, ever tell her other people seem to have said the same thing :eek: ya gotta love 'em!

sizzler
05-12-2005, 09:52 AM

Steve
even if she is right......NEVER TELL HER 8p

Hussman
05-12-2005, 10:24 AM
You should have a spotless clean boat with a full tank of gas and a nice key float and a couple of beer huggies when you pick up your new boat. That is a boat dealer's job whether it be Bayliner, Old Town Canoes, or MasterCraft. But their job isn't to build or give away trailer harness adapters. As much as they expect to pay their suppliers for it, you should expect to pay every bit of the $17.95. They don't get them for free and nobody else should, that would just soil the purity of capitalism.

I'm sure I'm not saying anything new here and I hope your metal shaving issues don't keep recurring. :friday:

Ric
05-12-2005, 10:26 AM

erk you are speaking hypothetically

and in your example it won't be water spots, it will be grease spots
plenty of examples here on that one

Granite_33
05-12-2005, 11:03 AM
1st....Maristar 210......
Thats a good "call sign" I traded my 1990 Maristar 210 in at Action. I saw your name "Maristar 210" and thought that you might have picked it up. No dice, though.

2nd. I too needed the adapter. We had the 4 pin, needed the 5 pin. The guy pulled out the adapter and installed it. I told him 2 or 3 times that I will pay for it, but he told me not to worry about it. I guess different days bring different needs? :confused:
Did he charge you to make up the difference on what he did not charge me? :D It might have been my wife smiling at him and the boat that sealed it.
Understandably, after dropping that kind of change, the $ for the adapter seems trivial. On the other hand, I would have gladly paid the $18 for the adapter, since I deal with small business owners and know that every dollar counts to them. Also, I feel that it is my responsibility to have the right wiring harnesses.

I gladly concur otherwise with some of the other posters, that my experience with Action was first rate. I intend to take my boat there to have it serviced as opposed to the other MC dealer 30 min away. I don't want a service guy going from working on a 35HP Yamaha outboard to working on my inboard. :noface:

The aluminum shavings issue sounds uncharacteristic. Maybe understandable from a dealer that carries MC as one of their 6 other boat lines. But Action makes a living by selling and servicing ONLY Mastercrafts. The fact that something like the shavings happened sounds more like a general shop labor issue than a standard practice. Having shredded my foot on a loose staple in the old boat, I know where you are coming from. Metal and bare skin. :eek:

Cheers

Granite_33
05-12-2005, 11:06 AM
You should have a spotless clean boat with a full tank of gas and a nice key float and a couple of beer huggies when you pick up your new boat. That is a boat dealer's job whether it be Bayliner, Old Town Canoes, or MasterCraft. But their job isn't to build or give away trailer harness adapters. As much as they expect to pay their suppliers for it, you should expect to pay every bit of the $17.95. They don't get them for free and nobody else should, that would just soil the purity of capitalism.

I'm sure I'm not saying anything new here and I hope your metal shaving issues don't keep recurring. :friday:
Got a hat and some tee shirts. That was a nice adder and not expected by me or my wife.
Oh and also a full tank of 89Oct, and a HELL of a nice Key float.
No beer huggies, though.......damn!!

tex
05-12-2005, 11:11 AM
I bought my boat from Texas Mastercraft. I picked it up and went straight to the lake. Due to my background, they did not bother with any type of orientation. As I was driving off, I said, "you would think that buying a new boat would at least get a you a t-shirt", they ran in and brought 2 out. Over the last 2 years, they have treated me right with beer holders and such. There were a couple of things wrong and they have always bent over backwards to make things right. It may have taken a while but they always greet me with a smile(maybe that is because I come at closing time with beer) and are honest. You spend alot of $$$ on your boat and your dealer should treat you with respect, but remember-it is a 2 way street!

Ric
05-12-2005, 11:21 AM
I bought my boat from Texas Mastercraft. I picked it up and went straight to the lake. Due to my background, they did not bother with any type of orientation. As I was driving off, I said, "you would think that buying a new boat would at least get a you a t-shirt", they ran in and brought 2 out. Over the last 2 years, they have treated me right with beer holders and such. There were a couple of things wrong and they have always bent over backwards to make things right. It may have taken a while but they always greet me with a smile(maybe that is because I come at closing time with beer) and are honest. You spend alot of $$$ on your boat and your dealer should treat you with respect, but remember-it is a 2 way street!
I learned plenty of mc stuff from those guys when I brought beer. Cool place.

Granite_33
05-12-2005, 11:42 AM
I learned plenty of mc stuff from those guys when I brought beer. Cool place.
Now......I could take beer to Action....but its about an hour and a half. I think I would show up stinkin drunk with nothing more than a bunch of empties and a full bladder.

Ric
05-12-2005, 11:45 AM
Now......I could take beer to Action....but its about an hour and a half. I think I would show up stinkin drunk with nothing more than a bunch of empties and a full bladder.
--stumbles out of the truck, whew! where's the toilet-- :toast:

Maristar210
05-12-2005, 12:00 PM

Now that is funny :D

Steve

erkoehler
05-12-2005, 12:01 PM
Now that is funny :D

Steve

Funny, but he is serious!

Granite_33
05-12-2005, 12:13 PM
Funny, but he is serious!
When's the last time anyone put beer in their vehicle and actually drove more than 10 minutes without feeling the overwhelming need to pop one?

erkoehler
05-12-2005, 12:14 PM
Coming from someone who doesn't drink, you won't like my answer! :D

Maristar210
05-12-2005, 12:19 PM
When's the last time anyone put beer in their vehicle and actually drove more than 10 minutes without feeling the overwhelming need to pop one?

Maybe a few years ago but not any longer. I drink at home because DUI spells good bye in the Great Lakes State.

Now where the fArk did I put that shop vac?

Steve

cdewet
05-12-2005, 12:19 PM
Figured I'll add my :twocents:
I'd let the harness adapter issue fly, since it is really based on the vehicle you're using and I would consider that the truck owner's responsibility. I found mine for about $7 at Murray's (Auto parts store).
The metal shavings issue is totally unacceptable. I would've called them to come out and clean it or come pick the boat up, clean it and deliver it. Why should you go through the expense (gas @ $2.50) of hauling the boat back and forth because they screwed up?
This is the same reason I won't be buying a new Ford vehicle again. Cars are great, dealership services suck. 3 out of 3 dealers have treated me like the king in the sales department, but like s#!t in the service department. Now I buy Chrysler, and I get top service.
Two questions though:
Which dealer did you work with - Traverse City or Hudsonville?
Did you contact the sales manager with your complaints or did you work through the parts/service area? I always deal directly with the sales guy. Seems that I get better service when working through them.

pdoppenheim
05-12-2005, 12:26 PM
I'd make them clean it or I'd hire a professional company and send them the bill. Make them aware of the cost of a lawsuit if someone gets a metal shaving in their hand, foot or eye.

You've already started to right the wrong because everybody on this site will be telling their friends about Action.

Maristar210
05-12-2005, 12:30 PM
Figured I'll add my :twocents:
I'd let the harness adapter issue fly, since it is really based on the vehicle you're using and I would consider that the truck owner's responsibility. I found mine for about $7 at Murray's (Auto parts store).
The metal shavings issue is totally unacceptable. I would've called them to come out and clean it or come pick the boat up, clean it and deliver it. Why should you go through the expense (gas @ $2.50) of hauling the boat back and forth because they screwed up?
This is the same reason I won't be buying a new Ford vehicle again. Cars are great, dealership services suck. 3 out of 3 dealers have treated me like the king in the sales department, but like s#!t in the service department. Now I buy Chrysler, and I get top service.
Two questions though:
Which dealer did you work with - Traverse City or Hudsonville?
Did you contact the sales manager with your complaints or did you work through the parts/service area? I always deal directly with the sales guy. Seems that I get better service when working through them.

Perhaps I should clarify; The shaving issue originated at pick up day while they were showing me the boat and the guy showing me had an associatewho cleaned it up. But it continues to happen as there seems to be shavings that come loose after an outing when the tower is raised for the next ride.

(btw Action - Hudsonville)

Steve

TEX P205
05-12-2005, 12:36 PM
Wiring adapters are the customers responsibility. Just like the tow hitch and receiver ball are the customers responsibility. But it IS the Dealer's responsibility to tell you what wiring connection you need BEFORE you come and pick up your boat.
Now the tower shavings in the boat is unexceptable. If I didn't notice til I got home, I would clean myself, and remind them the next time I take It in for service that I want it extra clean this time.
$0.02

Maristar210
05-12-2005, 12:38 PM
I'd make them clean it or I'd hire a professional company and send them the bill. Make them aware of the cost of a lawsuit if someone gets a metal shaving in their hand, foot or eye.

You've already started to right the wrong because everybody on this site will be telling their friends about Action.

I am not trying to bash Action at all. They have been very good to deal with. It just should not have happened. I am sure the person who drilled the holes for the bimini top got a message from someone. I just thought at the time that it was a one time occurance and it seems to happen (although less) every time I raise the tower. So now I raise the tower, pick up a few shavings off the floor and then invite my son to get in. I am sure if I called and bit@hed they would say bring it in and we'll fix it. Not worth it to me.

Steve

Granite_33
05-12-2005, 12:39 PM
Maybe a few years ago but not any longer. I drink at home because DUI spells good bye in the Great Lakes State.

Now where the fArk did I put that shop vac?

Steve
With age comes wisdom. Though the desire is there, I usually make the right decision.

Ric
05-12-2005, 12:41 PM
heh heh
let it be noted that I waited til the END of my 4.5hr trip to TMC before picking up the brews and properly icing them for the discerning consumers.

Granite_33
05-12-2005, 12:46 PM
heh heh
let it be noted that I waited til the END of my 4.5hr trip to TMC before picking up the brews and properly icing them for the discerning consumers.
Huh...........I never thought of that. :D :toast:

tex
05-12-2005, 12:50 PM
Texas Mastercraft is surrounded by liquior stores. I think Jimmy planned it that way. God Bless Jimmy!

dmac
05-12-2005, 12:54 PM
It's already done. The cleaning that is. I did it myself, not the point. Aluminum shavings and bare feet do not bode well together. I cleaned it out, but I should not have had too right??????No, you should not have had to. This resembles the experience I had. Mine had been used by a Y camp for the summer of '04. Bought it with 108 hours on it. It needed a little attention in the detail area which all agreed would be done. We to pick it up, not done. Made them do it right there and then. We pay a lot of $$ for these boats, they should be ship shape when we take delivery.

Oh, and I had to stop at West Marine down the road to pick up the round trailer light connector, at my expense of course. That was pretty cheesy too.

Good thing I like the guys in parts & service.

ski_king
05-12-2005, 12:58 PM
Has anybody got the MasterCraft Customer Value Survey email?

I got one and will get a t-shirt and decal for completing it.

It asks questions regarding dealer satisfaction, etc.

rodltg2
05-12-2005, 01:14 PM
i threw in my own GWP'S when i bought my boat knowing they wouldn't offer any. i tossed in mc trailer guide post covers, thowable cushion, orange life jacket pack, oar and some bumpers. i tossed them in while they were detailing it. no one said anything.

dmac
05-12-2005, 01:48 PM

I got it, answered it and returned it. In response to the dealer matters they said I should call them if there was not a satisfactory resolution. No T shirt though.

Ric
05-12-2005, 02:10 PM
I got it, answered it and returned it. In response to the dealer matters they said I should call them if there was not a satisfactory resolution. No T shirt though.
same here .

H20skeefreek
05-12-2005, 03:20 PM
lol, that's called shoplifting.....

X2M
05-12-2005, 03:30 PM
i threw in my own GWP'S when i bought my boat knowing they wouldn't offer any. i tossed in mc trailer guide post covers, thowable cushion, orange life jacket pack, oar and some bumpers. i tossed them in while they were detailing it. no one said anything.

Who did you buy from? Cope and Mcphetres?

jimmer2880
05-16-2005, 06:32 AM

you got a good chuckle out of me!:toast:

Jim@BAWS
05-16-2005, 08:57 AM
Congrats on your new purchase. Get ready for a TON of memories.
Hopefully it is warm enough to get that boat in now in Mich.
As far as the tower goes. Someone at Action had a oversight. It should have been vaccumed out ASAP. No excuse for that. My serious question is How much does a dealer need to through in to make it a deal for a customer?

I have given away many, many 5 prong adaptors for vehicles. No big deal. The tow vehicle should be ready to tow. I know it is a $20 part...I know you just spent $50K (A great deal on a new 210 with a tower) From my perspective the lesser price of the boat the tougher sale, the more the customer wants. We are here to make everyone happy. You recieved a huge discount on the boat...probably 8k. and yes I know that is why you bought it. How many $20 items should a dealer through in? Shirts, hats, certain options at cost, big discount at the pro shop? All of this lowers the bottom line for a dealer. BAWS offers a great deal in the proshop. We sell our items at MAP (Minimum Advertized Price) NOT MSRP. MAP pricing is the pricing that you see in Overtons and Ski Limited. When a customer buys a boat New or used we offer 20% off MAP pricing. and of course a few goodies. It is all part of the sale. Where does it stop? Look at it from the other side. Maybe the Chevy dealer should give you the adaptor. You bought the truck from him not Action WaterSports. All dealers have small oversights. We all try our best not to have them. Action is one of the BEST dealers for MC. I know that they will do everything possible to make it right for you.

Congrats again

Jim@BAWS

Evan Jones
05-16-2005, 09:02 AM

Yeah, I spent the time and filled it out. Anything to help MC get better. (the free t-shirt helped)

H2OGirl
05-16-2005, 09:27 AM
In regards to the metal shavings, we had the same problem with our X-10 when we raised the tower for the first couple of times. It is what is left over from the factory from the drilling, not much they can do about that. While it sucks, there isn't much you can do, just be careful and keep cleaning it up. It does go away after a while. The dealership did clean it up for you the first time.

As for the adapter, all trucks need one, it depends on your brand of vehicle to which one, it really isn't the dealerships responsibility to make sure you are able to tow your boat safely and legally. I assume the adapter also controlls your lights right? They just wanted to make sure you could get the boat home. I agree with JIM how much is a dealership supposed to throw in. I know more than anyone what poor customer service is. My husband and I have had our fair share with our dealership. Honestly I feel you have no reason to be upset, it sounds like they are a good dealership. My husband and I also had to purchase the adapter, it was different from our old boats adapter.

Just my two cents...you have the right to feel however you want!!

G-man
05-16-2005, 10:30 AM
My guess is you mean a 7 round to 5 flat trailer adapter. If the salesman gives you this part his commission probably gets cut. MasterCraft doesn't supply these but the salesman should have let you know about this before showing up so you could go to walmart and get one if you didn't want to get one from him.